Q & A Thread

Top three (because I'm never satisfied with just one of these as number 1)

Crisis Core

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy 9

Why is it so hard for me to chose a number 1 for 'favorite video game' and stick with my answer?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Because you should do what I did with movies. Pick one favourite movie of all time, set it in stone as #1, and call that one the benchmark for 2-10. Or make categories.

What are you wearing right now?

Clothes. What, you thought I'd be wearing a chair and 3 firehoses?

Have you played the original Sonic The Hedgehog on an original Sega Genesis?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Image heavy, and there's the random thread.

Are you a morning person?

Not when I have had the time to get used to them... Pretty much, anything involving heights or new people in-person I avoid like the plague. (I'm not exactly afraid of it, I just dislike the discomfort of it all, or the possibility of falling and not killing a 'bad guy' when I hit bottom and die)

When was the last time you were truly terrified?

When my mum lost a week's memory one morning, I feared it was part of something more serious. We had the local hospital on the phone who helped us, and I stayed by her side reminding her of what had been going on in the week. I was calm, but I had that *feeling* in my stomach you get when you feel genuine fear.

Luckily, it was nothing serious, and my mum's memory was back by the afternoon.

What is your hometown/state famous for?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Hometown: USD... (University of South Dakota) And absolutely nothing else.

State: Mt. Rushmore, The Crazy Horse Memorial, Everclear, moonshine, all pork products, (you have a 75% chance of eating bacon that originated in South Dakota if you're buying it in the USA) stock car racing, corn... Saying the capitol's name the same as pier, (it is the correct pronunciation) even though it's spelled pierre... The Badlands... Warehouse 13... The Sioux Nation... The Wounded Knee Massacre... The vast majority of the nation's ICBMs are located there... Famous for voting in Democratic senators, despite being a Republican state... The 46th most populous state out of the 50... (just behind North Dakota, Alaska, Vermont, and Wyoming) The 46th most densely populated state... (just behind North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, and Alaska) Has two timezones in the same city, which is also its capitol... (you can take lunch at 12:05PM, walk over to eat at a restaraunt at 1:15PM, and be back at your job by 12:55PM) The State Bird is actually a transplant from China... In the summer, can have a day that starts out at 90-100 degrees, then gets a blizzard with -40 degrees for 5 hours, then goes back to sunny with 90+... (and something similar in reverse in the winters) -70 degrees is not uncommon... 105 degrees is not uncommon... 100% humidity without rain is not uncommon... Black Hills Gold... Sanford Underground Research Facility... The only location still housing functional B-1B Lancer aircraft... The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally... As of 2005, South Dakota has the lowest per capita total state tax rate in the United States; the state does not levy personal or corporate income taxes, inheritance taxes, or taxes on intangible personal property; the state sales tax rate is 4 percent... State motto: "Under God, the people rule"

I'll just link the wiki page for you... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota (the Vermillion population is always taken when school is in session so it gets on the top 10 most populous cities in the state, otherwies the polulation is about 50% what is reported)

What do you like least about your hometown/state?

I've been away from my home town for over 15 years, I usually like to think about the good things, but I guess I'd say it was a bit too... Nah, everything I think of compared to my current city seems of better quality. Oh here's something: the unemployment rate and cost of living was slightly higher there than in my current city. My current state, however, is a whole nother ball of wax. It's hot, dry, far from lush nature & oceans, and [insert a criticism about people and the communities](Sorry for wall of text, I have to justify myself)

How many times have you watched through Freeman's Mind?

I've watched some episodes multiple times, but as a whole? Once.

Do you like anime?

Not particularly. Some are good, (these tend to be movies that aren't based on any prior art) but the typical style is just too stupid feeling for me to like the mainstream stuff. (10 minute charge up for a hit and the enemy doesn't bother moving, humor that isn't funny, etc)

Do you plan on purchasing Fallout 4? (or have you already?)

Unlikely, but maybe in the future, if and when I've got round to playing the other Fallouts.

What kind of game would be worth a £50 price tag?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Usually a new release though lately I've been feeling it might be better to change the standard amount of new games.

How do you feel about flight sim games like Elite: Dangerous which has no story but just flight and quests?

Sounds like my kind of game! :D

What age do you think you'll be when you stop playing video games? X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

17.Gonna be 18 in October.

What foods and drinks do you prefer?

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude