Your Top 5 Games!

Sign in to follow this  

These people's opinions confuse me, half life 2 was AWFUL.

Anyways, for my favorite games/mods:

1) LoZ: TP

2) Garry's Mod

3) Half-Life: Source

4) Half-Life: Opposing force (The only Half-Life game i play multiplayer on)

5) There was a SpongeBob game for PSX that brings back so many memories. :D

Also known as "Username"

Please do elaborate ;)

Please do elaborate ;)

Awful game

Hl1 had real weapons

Ex: Glock, Revolver, MP5, Spas 12, Grenade, Satchel charge,

Hl2 did not

HL1 has a better storyline

HL2 does not

Okay, Username, your points are awful. But I'll give you credit, Half Life 1 was better.

Half Life 2 wasn't bad, just incredibly disappointing.

Half Life 1 was colorful and imaginative game that defied all the laws of First Person shooters before it, boasting a fantastically told story and delightfully campy scientists.

Half Life 2 is a greyish brown game with monotonous grey corridors, monotonous grey enemies, and a gravity gun that is really only used to show off their physics engine and to do see-saw puzzles.

Although I like Half Life 2 used Half Life 1 as a jumping point, Half life 2 removed all the character from Half Life 1 and made it "Tedious Grey Shooter" and removed all the kickass weaponry from Half Life 1, like the Gauss Gun, Gluon Gun, and Hive Hand just to show off their Gravity Gun some more I guess. I also found the game pathetically easy, as Half Life 1 kicked my ass around town and back while I was able to breeze through Half Life 2, except for some magnificent final levels with colossal strider battles.

The story itself is bland, boring, doesn't tell the player anything, and I generally wasn't very interested in it. The Combine aren't as fun to fight as the Marines either so that kinda chipped away at the experience for me. But I did love the characters and set pieces.

Most of my complaints are on the gameplay side and art design side, but on level design side this is still Valve's brand of fantastic level design, amazing set pieces, loveable characters, and atmospheric music.

It's not terrible, just not as good as Half Life 1.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Please do elaborate ;)

Awful game

Hl1 had real weapons

Ex: Glock, Revolver, MP5, Spas 12, Grenade, Satchel charge,

Hl2 did not

HL1 has a better storyline

HL2 does not

Okay, Username, your points are awful. But I'll give you credit, Half Life 1 was better.

Half Life 2 wasn't bad, just incredibly disappointing.

Half Life 1 was colorful and imaginative game that defied all the laws of First Person shooters before it, boasting a fantastically told story and delightfully campy scientists.

Half Life 2 is a greyish brown game with monotonous grey corridors, monotonous grey enemies, and a gravity gun that is really only used to show off their physics engine and to do see-saw puzzles.

Although I like Half Life 2 used Half Life 1 as a jumping point, Half life 2 removed all the character from Half Life 1 and made it "Tedious Grey Shooter" and removed all the kickass weaponry from Half Life 1, like the Gauss Gun, Gluon Gun, and Hive Hand just to show off their Gravity Gun some more I guess. I also found the game pathetically easy, as Half Life 1 kicked my ass around town and back while I was able to breeze through Half Life 2, except for some magnificent final levels with colossal strider battles.

The story itself is bland, boring, doesn't tell the player anything, and I generally wasn't very interested in it. The Combine aren't as fun to fight as the Marines either so that kinda chipped away at the experience for me. But I did love the characters and set pieces.

Most of my complaints are on the gameplay side and art design side, but on level design side this is still Valve's brand of fantastic level design, amazing set pieces, loveable characters, and atmospheric music.

It's not terrible, just not as good as Half Life 1.

Actually Minecraft Lagged firefox and it crashed

I pressed submit (and was gonna come back and edit) When it started lagging

Also known as "Username"

HL1 had a better storyline? You kiddin' dude? Half Life 1 didn't have a storyline, it had amazing gameplay for it's time. And it had mods.

HL1 had a better storyline? You kiddin' dude? Half Life 1 didn't have a storyline, it had amazing gameplay for it's time. And it had mods.

The story was great because it left a series of intrigue.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

A story has to have a plot. Half Life has no plot, it has some background information so there is an excuse to kill marines, aliens, huge tentacle creatures and feel like a badass doing it.

Half-Life could be made into a book, even if Dr. Freeman never speaks.

Dr. Freeman was headed to work.

Dr. Freeman and a load of scientists screwed up a project

Dr. Freeman Kills people

Also known as "Username"

Dr. Freeman Kills people

The end.

Or is it?

Next book...

Freeman arrives on train.

Freeman kills people.

Building explodes.

The and.

Or is it?

Next book...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

A story has to have a plot. Half Life has no plot, it has some background information so there is an excuse to kill marines, aliens, huge tentacle creatures and feel like a badass doing it.

Exposition = All events leading up to the resonance cascade.

Conflict = The resonance cascade.

Rising action = Military involvement, increasing responsibility on Freeman

Climax = Defeat of Nihilanth

Falling Action = Gman's offer

I'd say that covers what anyone would call a plot.

On the debate between HL1 and HL2, I can never really choose. They both have strengths and weaknesses. For example, the realism in HL1's logic is sometimes lacking, (Room filling up with water anyone?) and the climax with Nihilanth wasn't exactly amazing.

HL2 has faults as well. The weapons were never as outragous as HL1, though things like the gravity gun added some depth to combat.

Dr. Freeman Kills people

The end.

Or is it?

Next book...

Freeman arrives on train.

Freeman kills people.

Building explodes.

The end.

Or is it?

Next book...

Gordon and alyx go to the citadel

Gordon and alyx kill stuff

Gordon and alyx go to the white forest

*END*

Next book (With much more to it because it had so many important events)

Alyx finds Gordon alive in train

Alyx is happy, and destroys the train door.

Alyx gets Severely Injured by hunter

Gordon gets Stuff from an antlion cave

Vortigaunts Heal Alyx

Gordon and Alyx goto white forest

Gordon and Alyx kill striders with giant bombs

Gordon Launches a rocket

Portal explodes

Eli dies

*The end*

Also known as "Username"

I don't remember Alyx helping Gordon with that huge Strider fight near the end.

And please post spoiler alerts if you're going to post anything that could ruin the plot of a game on here.

And please post spoiler alerts if you're going to post anything that could ruin the plot of a game on here.

I see no spoilers... Everything said is either in the preview videos, or in the game description...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Everyone knows everything about Half Life, you can't be on the internet for so long and not know. It just isn't possible.

Everyone knows everything about Half Life, you can't be on the internet for so long and not know. It just isn't possible.

Its possible, I'm a living testimony to that.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Its possible, I'm a living testimony to that.

Can you tell us how you learned to breathe on Mars?