Post what you're doing right now

Getting ready to play World in Conflict: Soviet Assault for the first time. (I've played the normal WiC many times, but there aren't any torrents available for Soviet Assault)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

trying to figure out why Twitch decided to suddenly stop sending email updates, not let me log into my account and not send me password or account name recovery emails.

Retired Forum Moderator

Writhing in insomnia. Almost 4 AM and my minds running a mile a minute. :/

I'm tired. I'm very tired. But I can't keep my eyes closed, I can't sit still, and I can't stop my thoughts from taking tangents upon tangents long enough to calm me down.

Retired Forum Moderator

I just spent the last hour explaining to 2 people how "just lay down and go to sleep" is NOT legitimate advice for people with insomnia because if it was that simple it wouldn't be insomnia only to have them both pretty much go "Hm. Okay then. Whelp, bed time!"

>:|

Retired Forum Moderator

X3 I'm sorry Rarity, I'm guilty of this. My friend has insomnia and I go; "Have you tried counting sheep?" "Have you tried thinking about nothing?"

I don't really understand it, but I mean I try to help. XD Sorry.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Well it's different for everyone and I'm not gonna fault you for trying to help. I was more "annoyed" (not really annoyed, more amused) by how I'm talking about my insomnia and they're like "off to bed for me!" Kinda a "but... I wanna sleep too D:" moment.

For me it's often my active mind works against me since I can't shut it off no matter how hard I try. Miles a minute with thoughts that often lead to me ending up excited or anxious or a number of other things. Sometimes I can't even lie still even if my mind is at peace. Like I get this slowly growing discomfort and the longer I try to stay still the worse it get's to the point where I have to get up and move. And then even when i can get to sleep I often have trouble staying asleep. I get periods of stress dreams that run on repeat with no sense or logic. Often times I'm trying to solve an issue that keeps resetting itself. The whole time these dreams are going I'm stuck half awake. I'm aware of my surroundings and can freely move my limbs but the dreams keep going and resetting and the only way to stop them is the turn the lights on and just do something until I'm tired enough to try and sleep again. These periods last anywhere from about 3 days to 2 weeks. I'm usually a wreck during those.

I'm currently on day 4 of one of these periods which is why I haven't been on the forums much. Too grumpy. :S

Retired Forum Moderator

:( Aw. I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you get some sleep soon. I kinda get angry with one of my friends who claims she gets only 2 hours of sleep per night, but then she goes on to say that to live, you need at least 5 hours of sleep per night. X3 And she's going around the day like she's not tired at all. She's still happy, still gets work done. Hm. I'm not sure what to think of it. I try to be supportive but it's not like I can come over and sing a lullaby. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Reading orange juice and drinking Lord of the Flies

the name's riley

Reading the negative reviews for Age of Ultron and laughing at the hypocrisy. Singing the praises of the first film, which apparently had no faults to these people back in 2012, to suddenly demonizing the sequel for the exact same problems the first one had.

I feel like a lot of these guys just wanted this movie to fail for drama. Like 'Oh, this is the first step to the entire MCU collapsing!' Not even close.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Trying to gently massage my mind into a calm state so I can sleep. (not a physical massage, a mental one that involves explosions, death, and mayhem)

Just got back from Age of Ultron. Was pretty damn good.

Woulda been a better experience if that woman sitting behind us could keep the commentary to herself. Saying "he jus sed blah blah blah" 3 seconds after he said blah blah blah in a crowded theater is all kinds of unnecessary.

But that's not the movies fault.

Retired Forum Moderator

Trying to get tired again after a total of 3 hours sleep, and waking up to find my mind fixated on drawing something. (it still wants to draw it, but I don't have paper, or decent pencils)

Playing Bloodborne. NG+ on the newer character and it's going a lot smoother than last time. Not only is my gear better (very strong suit of armor and a really strong weapon.) but I'm not going derp mode on the bosses like before.

Retired Forum Moderator

Relaxing after packing half my brother's apartment, and getting ready for church.

Trying to get my nose to stop bleeding so I can finish moving my brother out. (he has to be out TODAY)

Sitting at my computer with the bed sheets pulled off the bed and wrapped around me. It's cold in my room and I should have done this long ago.

Retired Forum Moderator