Post what you're doing right now

Relaxing after working at my church summer festival.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Thinking about whether or not to chill with the radio on, practice some bass, or play Timesplitters. Knowing my lazy ass, quite possibly the first option.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Getting ready to go try and get a job... I've actually just expanded my search to include areas an extra 50 miles further away. (no jobs to speak of in my area)

About to resume watching Steven Universe.

That means I'm probably not gonna be back for a bit. Because if I'm correct, I'm something like 30+ episodes behind.

And I don't intend on returning to the real world until I'm finished. Too many chances of spoilers.

Retired Forum Moderator

I am listening to some kickass folk metal, drinking heavily and typing up a post for Gaming In General. Yeah, this is what I chose to do when I'm not working, right up to bedtime. I find it more productive than the usual pastime.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Trying to relax before bed... Having to fix a really horrible file system corruption on a drive too big to back up did not help. (especially since that drive holds 90% of my games, and all of my media files)

I'm sorry to hear that, BTG. Care to bring it to Vent so we can discuss it more fully?

Nah, it's fixed, so I don't need to vent. I did take it out on some pixels though... They will never bother anyone ever again.

Recovering from the very valuable lesson my girlfriend and I learned the hard way today.

b33863_4441118.jpg

4441118+_135937d4568f1f3b3f5150483624d7b1.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Fixed it. Sorry, didn't realize it was so huge when I grabbed it off of Funnyjunk.

And yeah... Wasps. A whole nest of them, which I thought were bees and therefore harmless, and proceeded to weedwack right next to. My girlfriend was clearing debris behind me, and she got hit even more than I did.

Becoming 100% fed up with the accessibility to firearms in the US leading to even more death.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Excuse me, but I own a firearm. Most of my family owns firearms, as do all my neighbours and friends. Guess how many people have been killed by all of these firearms combined. If you guessed zero, you were right. 99.99% of gun owners are responsible, non-violent, productive members of society who have never used their weapons to harm anybody, and they are perfectly safe if properly handled.

Laying in bed and cursing stress and it's ability to fuck with my health. I had a canker sore form in the back of my throat and now I'm coughing up blood.

Retired Forum Moderator

Excuse me, but I own a firearm. Most of my family owns firearms, as do all my neighbours and friends. Guess how many people have been killed by all of these firearms combined. If you guessed zero, you were right. 99.99% of gun owners are responsible, non-violent, productive members of society who have never used their weapons to harm anybody, and they are perfectly safe if properly handled.

99.99% seems awfully off-the-top-of-your-head for that statistic, especially considering the fact that "responsible" does have a grey area. Honestly, "responsible" gun owners shouldn't have anything to fear when it comes to tighter gun control, all it does is make firearms less accessible to criminals.

And before someone pulls the "criminals don't follow the law anyway" card, keep in mind that many common criminals don't have ties with the black market since accessibility to that is probably tighter than accessibility in legal gun trade.

OT: Tossing a few videos together for youtube

the name's riley

Pro tip: 99.99% of the time, 99.99% is not meant to be taken literally. And it's new gun owners who will have problems with tighter gun control, responsible or not.

This isn't a debate thread, there's a dedicated thread in the debate pit and you can discuss it there.

OT: Gathering clips from video games, to toss together more videos of course.

the name's riley