Freeman's Mind 2

I know this has been asked a lot, but I wanted to know what fans have to say about the possibility of an FM sequel series. (or Season 2 in light of Machinima)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm pretty sure Ross said he might do BMS whenever it gets done.

I think he said it was possible. Some guy on Youtube said he'd do it...but I don't think that'd work. BMS is supposed to have more areas, so more dialogue makes sense.

Seeing that makes me want to have a Freeman soundboard.

It would be amazing.

That said, yeah, it would be awesome to see Freeman's Mind for Half Life 2.

I wonder what will happen first. Ross getting to the end of Episode 2, or Episode 3 getting released?

It's kinda a tough call...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

That would be greet, more dialogues, more quotes, more t-shirt ideas, more awesomeness... *dreaming*

He has said in past interviews that as long as his fans stay interested he'd probably do it. I'm curious as to how he'd handle Freeman's personality as the character goes from being an unlucky observer to a full on revolutionary. I wonder if Freeman would get just a little more serious about his job of liberating the future.

I can only imagine that he would if the fans wished it so, as he has said before; I too wonder how Freeman will respond to the new and rather alien world he would find himself in, it is my opinion that Half Life 2 is a bit silly when compared to Half Life 1, which has a more serious tone, the Combine are quite silly and weak when compared to the Xen creatures and HECU Marines, it may be because the weapons in Half Life 2 are rather cartoon-like, unlike the robust military equipment, humorous yet frightening biological weapons, and advanced scientific devices of Half Life 1.

Although I must seem like a critic, I would not be adverse to a Freeman's Mind 2, quite the opposite, but I do not think I will like it more than Freeman's Mind, but only time, and Ross Scott's talent, will tell.

it is my opinion that Half Life 2 is a bit silly when compared to Half Life 1, which has a more serious tone

I agree. As much as I love HL2, the silliness did grate on me a bit. That and how they turned npc models from the first game into actual characters in the second. "Hey Gordon, it's me, Dr. Kleiner! You remember me, I was all of those 50+ balding and bespectacled scientists you encountered on your last adventure!"

it is my opinion that Half Life 2 is a bit silly when compared to Half Life 1, which has a more serious tone

I agree. As much as I love HL2, the silliness did grate on me a bit. That and how they turned npc models from the first game into actual characters in the second. "Hey Gordon, it's me, Dr. Kleiner! You remember me, I was all of those 50+ balding and bespectacled scientists you encountered on your last adventure!"

It's a good thing in BMS they're going to make every scientist look different, and have Dr. Kleiner look like Dr. Kleiner, and everyone else. Though, it is pretty funny seeing these few characters who represented EVERY ONE ELSE in Half Life. Barney was all the guards, Kleiner was all the balding guys, Eli was all the black scientists...I sure wish there was an Einstein hair character. XD

I don't see how Half Life 2 is sillier though. I mean, yeah it's a far stretch from the first game, but I wouldn't call it silly. Just more sci-fi-ish.

It would be awesome for a new one in HL2- I can see a LOT of awesome lines in the whole first section (before combat), vehicle sections and during the urban war.

It would be awesome for a new one in HL2- I can see a LOT of awesome lines in the whole first section (before combat), vehicle sections and during the urban war.

I think Freeman would be like Mike from Civil Protection, he'd probably want to join Civil Protection to save himself, but he can't because CP tries to kill him for his actions in HL, so he HAS to join with the rebels.

I would love to see a second season, but I admit there are some issues.

Ever since I started following Freeman's Mind, I imagine the character's inner monologue in most games I play. Specially in Half-Life, I keep imagining a funny monologue for some reason as I play. The thing is, it's a bit hard to imagine the present Freeman personality crossed over to Half-Life 2, for me.

In Freeman's Mind, Ross takes banal stuff that we barely even notice and makes something funny out of it. Then, when something weird happens, he always gets really surprised and intrigued, with stuff that we usually accept, because it's a video game. All this because Freeman's Mind tries to make every action seem more realistic, that is in the decisions that are made (even though he will always end up having to take that one path), details that are noticed, etc.

The thing is, I can't really imagine a way to perform some actions in a realistic way, because there simply isn't a realistic way. Has many have pointed out, its much more surreal. And there are stuff that can't be made in the "I don't care" way that we see in Freeman's Mind, actions too complex to be done without being completely focused in what you're doing.

Now that I think about this, most of this applies to the end of Half-Life 1 :/ But we'll see.

I don't see how Half Life 2 is sillier though. I mean, yeah it's a far stretch from the first game, but I wouldn't call it silly. Just more sci-fi-ish.

I dunno, I find the scenes with Lamar or Dog to be pretty silly.

*points to the FAQ*

As for silliness, I see it more as people trying to cope then directly trying to be silly.

I dunno, I find the scenes with Lamar or Dog to be pretty silly.

That's where Ross (Freeman) can make these parts very funny.

But if he will start FM2 then Freeman should change a little because it takes some years after the incident.

But if he will start FM2 then Freeman should change a little because it takes some years after the incident.

But from Freeman's perspetive it's the blink of an eye.