Those guys with the glasses

So I'm quite curious, I you taking on a pseudonym for the purpose of being on That Guy With the Glasses? Most people on that channel have a name like Sage, Ask That Guy, The Spoony One, Jon Tron, etc.

There are other people that have their full names listed, either both first and last names or sometimes first name and initialed last name, such as "MikeJ", "Ed Glaser", "Leon Thomas" and motherfuckin' "Brad Jones"!

It's not what you normally see on that site but there's nothing saying that he has to pick a pseudonym.

So um... why is there a delay, on blip.tv? I thought the reason there was a delay back in the day was because Machinima took their sweet time.

They have to approve it is my guess...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have ADHD and i read the hole thing since i LOVE freemans mine and thatguywiththeglasses

FUCK PATIENCE! I can't stand this much longer! I've waited so long for new stuff to come out (everywhere, not just here) and I get nothing but bullshit!!!!!!!!! I just want to be happy again....

Hey... You didn't have to deal with evil contracts and frustrating and incompetent (and dumb) Machinima workers for 4 months.... So chillout. Your situation is much more comfortable than Ross had to deal with. No bullshit...

You don't get it, do you? These kinds of things that Ross and other people make is where most of my happiness and entertainment come from. I can't wait much longer.

Of course I get it. I'm his girlfriend. 8-)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

While that's true, perhaps it would be best if you remained uninvolved in arguments like this for that reason...

While that's true, perhaps it would be best if you remained uninvolved in arguments like this for that reason...

Quite opposite. As a person who directly sees how the things are going with Ross I feel it's importan to explain some things to people who are unaware how much work, sweat and well... just lots of hard and often frustrating work it takes to make these videos (while FM is the easiest one from technical point of view). Like everybody I can get too emotional and it's impossible to keep quiet in some moments. But yeah, some discussions are not worth it.

I guess I'm too loyal and to eager sometimes :mrgreen: Well, I'm a huge fan of Freeman's Mind as well. :mrgreen:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

So um... why is there a delay, on blip.tv? I thought the reason there was a delay back in the day was because Machinima took their sweet time.
Yeah, this is really getting frustrating, although I think it's because I'm new on blip. I've updated the post to list what's happening. Apparently it's been reject from blip on the basis of "poor audio" and no other explanation. The volume balancing may not have been aggressive enough or they may just not like stock HL1 sounds, I have no idea. I'm trying to get an answer from them, their email said 24-48 hours for a response. Believe me when I'm saying I'm going as nuts as some of you are trying to get this out already.

Lolwut.

That is just downright silly.

So wait, does that mean someone watches every single video on the site before it can be put up?

How is that even feasible?!

Also, how the heck do I get that job?!

On a side note, this is especially odd since some of the other FM videos are already on the site, so if the sound was fine for those, there's no reason to reject the video on that ground.

The whole thing just seems weird.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Hey everyone, just made an account even though I've known about the series for a while...though I did come in at least a couple months after episode 44 was put out. Anyway, just wanted to say how awesome it is that you're working with the TGWTG team, I've been a big Nostalgia Critic (and everything else Doug does) fan for a while now, and I actually have been neglecting checking the site. With you on there, now I have even more motivation haha. Also, I guess on the bright side this sound business means that blip really cares about quality. Also, although I'm sure someone probably asked this in another thread, what's you're opinion on the Black Mesa mod Ross?...personally I love it so far, though my computer lags at certain points (stupid ATI graphics card) anyway, I've rambled enough, you'd think my ADD would keep that from happening, see ya round guys.

Yeah, this is really getting frustrating, although I think it's because I'm new on blip. I've updated the post to list what's happening. Apparently it's been reject from blip on the basis of "poor audio" and no other explanation. The volume balancing may not have been aggressive enough or they may just not like stock HL1 sounds, I have no idea. I'm trying to get an answer from them, their email said 24-48 hours for a response. Believe me when I'm saying I'm going as nuts as some of you are trying to get this out already.

Well, that's a shame... I don't know what audio problems there may have been, if it's the same as the other FM episodes.

Maybe they just don't like the HL1 audio, like you said.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

This may be a dumb question, but have you looked at sites like DailyMotion and Metacafe? I believe both of them can have ads etc, but I don't know what that's going to be like for you in terms of the income you'd get.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Maybe. Just Maybe. Blip.tv. are scared of posting your content because Machinima might sue them.

D'ya think it's possible?. Try searching 'Freeman's Mind' on Blip.tv.

Maybe. Just Maybe. Blip.tv. are scared of posting your content because Machinima might sue them.

D'ya think it's possible?. Try searching 'Freeman's Mind' on Blip.tv.

Tried it, got some results for some older episodes.

Ehhhh

WHELP.

OKAY GUYS, HATE ON BLIP TIME! ~_~

Hey hey hey, hold your horses.

Let's give them a little more time before immense hate begins.

Hey, I don't know if y'all are aware, but if you know 'Half-life, Full-life consequences,' that guy is getting screwed over by machinima too. He's not sure what to do, lots of silence from machinima's end, yadda, yadda, yadda... same story. I don't know yet, Ross, if he's tried asking what exactly you did to escape machinima, but I saw that a few people mentioned your situation's similarity (and this is within the last week.) If you finally get settled and produce your videos again, would you consider making a video or otherwise help the other artists who also haven't been able to release new content?

I think the internet is conspiring against you Ross

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."