Those guys with the glasses

Hey, I don't know if y'all are aware, but if you know 'Half-life, Full-life consequences,' that guy is getting screwed over by machinima too. He's not sure what to do, lots of silence from machinima's end, yadda, yadda, yadda... same story. I don't know yet, Ross, if he's tried asking what exactly you did to escape machinima, but I saw that a few people mentioned your situation's similarity (and this is within the last week.) If you finally get settled and produce your videos again, would you consider making a video or otherwise help the other artists who also haven't been able to release new content?

Oh yeah, they should totally fucking team up dude!

It'd be so fucking awesome if they'd all move over to TGWTG/Blip. Ye know. Djy1991 (David Young) & DasBoSchitt. Shit'd be so awesme.

Just think of all the possibilities.

Hey, I don't know if y'all are aware, but if you know 'Half-life, Full-life consequences,' that guy is getting screwed over by machinima too. He's not sure what to do, lots of silence from machinima's end, yadda, yadda, yadda... same story. I don't know yet, Ross, if he's tried asking what exactly you did to escape machinima, but I saw that a few people mentioned your situation's similarity (and this is within the last week.) If you finally get settled and produce your videos again, would you consider making a video or otherwise help the other artists who also haven't been able to release new content?

Maybe the guy will defect and Ross could start his own Machinima company.

With blackjack! And overused references!

There is strength in numbers, after all.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

So um... why is there a delay, on blip.tv? I thought the reason there was a delay back in the day was because Machinima took their sweet time.
Yeah, this is really getting frustrating, although I think it's because I'm new on blip. I've updated the post to list what's happening. Apparently it's been reject from blip on the basis of "poor audio" and no other explanation. The volume balancing may not have been aggressive enough or they may just not like stock HL1 sounds, I have no idea. I'm trying to get an answer from them, their email said 24-48 hours for a response. Believe me when I'm saying I'm going as nuts as some of you are trying to get this out already.

:( Ouch. I really hope this will be the last roadbump you have to get over.

:/ do people watch these movies in Imax theaters? Seriously. Guess I won't be uploading my nonexistent videos of cats meowing the alphabet to Blip.

horrible jokes aside. Hope it doesn't take too long...

Ross, you might want to consider getting in contact with SFDebris. He's been doing science fiction reviews(primarily Star Trek) for many many years, and he moved all of his stuff to Blip a couple of years ago after Youtube starting going nuts with copyright issues. I mention him because his audio is pretty much just his voice plus whatever comes from what he's reviewing and usually that audio isn't as well balanced as what you normally do.

So if anyone might be able to help you work out this particular kink so you can avoid it in the future, he might.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Poor audio ?

They probably have some bot checking audios and it didn't like the HL1 sounds.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

Well, that wasn't exactly the start everyone was hoping for... : / I'm OK with waiting for new episodes, but bullshit like this after everything Ross already had to go through feels pointless and annoying. Let's hope they get this sorted out without another change of publishing company.

Apparently it's been reject from blip on the basis of "poor audio" and no other explanation.

Do they mean that the audio on submitted video is worse than on FM episodes they already host? I doubt so. Looks like a poor excuse.

Poor audio? I have several arguments about their decision. 1) Poor audio my cats furry ass. 2) Quality comedy that could get them more exposure is being turned away? Good call guys. 3)You just rejected what was once machinima's most popular shows. Does blip think with their feet or are they just self-destructive?

There's something really fishy about the audio spiel. A lot of the shows on TGWTG started out with waaay worse audio; echos, buzzes, tinny, you name it. It's more or less the modus operandi with all the producers I follow on the site - the learning curve on audio and lighting is simply something one expects to see. I dunno, I'm just not buying their motivation.

I'm with Judasphysicist on this, though, this has to be an unintentional error due to some bot/automatic mechanism and not a thought-through rejection of the episode. It's still stupid and pointless, but probably nothing more than that. Let's be patient for now, rusty pitchforks may be blunt but they're not any less painful .

I'm with Judasphysicist on this, though, this has to be an unintentional error due to some bot/automatic mechanism and not a thought-through rejection of the episode. It's still stupid and pointless, but probably nothing more than that. Let's be patient for now, rusty pitchforks may be blunt but they're not any less painful :twisted: .

I agree. Nobody with an actual human brain would reject Freeman's Mind.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

cxxxxxxxxxdxsdcdfvvvgfvgffgrtgtvrfgtrfgr

CAN I FEEL FUCKING HAPINESS AGAIN!?!?!? WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT?! ENOUGH DELAYS. JUST PLEASE GOD LET ME BE HAPPY ONE MORE FUCKING TIME.

If episode 45 of Freeman's Mind was a banana, then by the time it got to us it would be dirt.

News update:

Blip replied, apparently they couldn't play the audio at all, so it was an automated message triggered. I encoded it to h.264 MP4 with 192kbps MP3 audio, but apparently that gave them issues, I asked what format they would prefer it in, waiting on a reply.

Maybe. Just Maybe. Blip.tv. are scared of posting your content because Machinima might sue them.
No.

On a side note, this is especially odd since some of the other FM videos are already on the site
Yeah, that came as I surprise to me actually, since Machinima.com never told me about this and these were never reported in my views, I'm currently contacting them about this (though this won't impact future episodes).

If you finally get settled and produce your videos again, would you consider making a video or otherwise help the other artists who also haven't been able to release new content?
I don't know how that would change anything. It's ALL about the contract signed. I don't think it matters what anyone else says unless they're his attorney. I am involved with a side project that might provide an outlet for stuff that's NOT locked down with Machinima, but that's further down the road.

Lets to bitch about this on the tgwtg forum
TGWTG people have only been helpful, this isn't their doing.

Regarding the delays, everyone please discuss this calmly and express your displeasure in a reasonable manner, thanks. In addition some here would perhaps do well to remember the phrase 'First World Problems'. :roll:

Lets to bitch about this on the tgwtg forum

Also lets have no grabbing of pitchforks, etc. Just be patient. :)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."