Vent

My sleep schedule is trying to kill me right now... I don't even get to bed until 4AM anymore, and I have to wake at 10:30 so I can get up at 11:15.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If you think that six hours of sleep is really bad and want to complain about that to real insomniacs, do us all a favour and hit Alt-F4.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Or even better, being on meds that make you drowsy even when you've had enough sleep. "No, I'm not tired, I just yawn a lot."

Vent: When my mental state is bad, I often let the files on my hard drive get into a giant mess or I put things in the wrong area (I once found a bunch of PDF files in the middle of my Music folder). When I'm feeling better, it's always a big job putting everything where it's supposed to be.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

If you think that six hours of sleep is really bad and want to complain about that to real insomniacs, do us all a favour and hit Alt-F4.

What part of my previous statements about sleep didn't you remember... I go to BED, not SLEEP at 4AM... I don't get to sleep for a MINIMUM of 2 hours after getting to bed.

Sleep ≠ Bed

There's no prize for being the biggest insomniac and there's certainly no need to be rude about it. :|

Retired Forum Moderator

There's no prize for being the biggest insomniac and there's certainly no need to be rude about it. :|

Just giving him a little perspective. And implying he should stop whining.

You're saying to stop doing what this thread is designed to do, allow people to vent their frustrations? I think it's you that need to rethink your position.

Perspective doesn't change the level of stress, and the need to relieve it... If you want to vent about your sleepless nights, be my guest, but don't try to shift your discomfort onto someone else.

Or even better, being on meds that make you drowsy even when you've had enough sleep. "No, I'm not tired, I just yawn a lot."

Or even more fun is the random urges to fall asleep in the middle of the day when you're trying to do stuff.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I'm not even gonna properly rant today I'm just gonna say this and be on my way:

People who infinite combo in ANY fighting games are the worst. If you truly wanted a one sided fight, why would you even bother playing online? It's not like anyone is gonna be impressed after you ruin their play experience. Not like they actually care though. They have their active imagination to amaze.

Retired Forum Moderator

I hear that. Stun-locking is bullshit in all games at all times, and I fucking hate it.

Agreed. I don't stop swinging or defending myself when I get hit, so why should my superhero character?

I just got stuck in a crawlspace for over an hour. It was dark, and dusty, and I couldn't breathe. I tore myself all to hell on every single fucking nail clawing my way out, and now I can't see straight and I can't stop shaking. I am not okay.

You should get to a doctor as soon as you can. Even if you've had your tetanus shot, I wouldn't risk it with the nails.

Retired Forum Moderator

I just had a panic attack. I'm better now. I'll see a doctor as soon as I can, for now I'm just going to stay the hell outdoors.

To add to the list of things that piss me off, people who don't believe in phobias. Like my jerkass uncle who had me doing that shit job to begin with. He didn't believe me when I told him I was claustrophobic, because he doesn't think claustrophobia is real. And now he's probably going to make me pay for the things I broke trying to get out. You know, while I was having a panic attack. Like I knew would happen but he didn't fucking believe me. I'm just a little bit, you know, FUCKING LIVID about that right now.

To add to the list of things that piss me off, people who don't believe in phobias. Like my jerkass uncle who had me doing that shit job to begin with. He didn't believe me when I told him I was claustrophobic, because he doesn't think claustrophobia is real. And now he's probably going to make me pay for the things I broke trying to get out. You know, while I was having a panic attack. Like I knew would happen but he didn't fucking believe me. I'm just a little bit, you know, FUCKING LIVID about that right now.

That actually pisses ME off just reading about it. Denial of a phobia is a bad enough but forcing someone to go through with an action that puts them in the line of fire for the phobia is even worse. People get seriously hurt from that, both in body and mind.

I had a moment like that earlier this year. It was after psychology class (the irony) where we watched a video involving earlier methods of "surgery" in the field of psychology. Long story short watching an actual lobotomy happen with nothing hidden or censored left me more than just the slightest bit uncomfortable and uneasy.

Now there's a number of things I have phobias of and most of them aren't severe enough to affect my daily life. Except for one: Cockroaches. To say I fear those little fucktards is understatement of the year. I have no reason to, but by god I can't stand them.

Now back to the story. I just got home, and it was monday so that means take the trash out. Being that the class was at night it was quite obviously dark out. Dark is another one I have a slight fear of. I can do fine in most cases but I prefer not to be outside in the dark, especially by myself. Fortunately enough taking the trash out was uneventful. Did 0 to help my currently uneasy though. I got back inside, thoroughly upset at this point, get into my room, then open up my backpack to take out my laptop. Boom. Cockroach right inside my bag, sitting on top of the laptop.

This is where I snapped. I carried the bag to the back door as fast as my shaking legs would take me, struggled to get the door open, and almost threw the whole bag out there, laptop and all. if the laptop wasn't strapped down it would have been out in the backyard broken along with the wretched insect. I then ran back to my room locked the door, and sat on the bed in the fetal position hyperventilating and crying while my friend(god bless this person) tried his best to calm me down over skype. This was easily my worst reaction to the things. I normally just get creeped out and speedily vacate the immediate area but the stars aligned that night to give me the worst panic attack I've ever had. Worst of all, everyone else thought I was overreacting, which is true when you think about it, but I couldn't help it. I honestly couldn't.

That's why I love that friend so much. We give each other shit on a daily basis (in a overall friendly way) but when I really need someone there to understand and help, he doesn't even think twice.

tl;dr, I feel for you. Phobias combined with ignorance are horrible things.

Retired Forum Moderator

I personally don't have any full-on phobias, but I dislike heights... Like to the point where I refuse to climb an unsecured ladder past 10 feet... (mine is a justified 'fear' though)

That said, I can feel for both of you, as I had my one and only panic attack as my Dad fell off a ladder and I thought I had watched my Dad die in front of me. (this was almost 2 years ago though)