Vent

Hey look, Rarity knows what the hell is up. Whenever I'm debating/arguing, I always try to see the other person's view before expressing mine. And I know I'm not always perfect. So to try and actually gain knowledge, I admit sometimes I'm wrong and learn from other people. :3

Semi-related vent. I have a friend who has depression and it's driving me insane. She's a big know-it-all and immediately goes all mopey when she doesn't get her way. I'm not saying that I dislike depressed people, oh no. I would LIKE to help her. But I can't. She has antidepressant medication but she refuses to take them so. Nothing I can do. But gosh damn. She also spat at me that my 660 day long relationship with my boyfriend is fake because we have never met. It's retarded. I'm allowed to have a long distance relationship and I'd like it if people payed God damn respect to it. My relationship has lasted 10 times longer than the others in my class. What's worse is that she has a friend overseas that she has never met! And that's suddenly okay! Hypocrites. Gragh!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

There's only so much you can do for a person who has a mental illness, unfortunately. If she chooses not to take her medications, that's on her. The only thing you can do is be there. It really does mean a lot even if you can't help otherwise.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Have you ever wanted to just... Be in the hospital? Have something terrible happen to you to see who really cares? Or you just want to feel loved and cared for and want to get severely injured to see the attention from others? I just want to be able to get away from the mass of stress in these next few weeks. I want to be able to turn invisible at will and get away from the crap around me.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

i'm always doomed to failure. not sure why i even try.

That seemingly miniscule chance of success is worth trying for.

the name's riley

I am a Bethesda fan. Everyone who knows me knows that. I play a LOT of Bethesda games, and love them. And yet, I have a HUGE issue with them. Morrowind is incredibly unstable on my system, crashing about once every fifteen minutes, so much I don't even TRY to play it. Not that that's a problem, really, Morrowind's gameplay is about as balanced as the arm strength of a professional masturbator and I can't stand playing it anyway. Oblivion is semi-stable on my system, averages about one crash every four hours, enough that it's not a big issue. Fallout 3 is slightly unstable, crashing about once every two hours, which irritates me but doesn't really get in my way. New Vegas, my favourite Bethesda game (yes, I know Obsidian made it, but I'm grouping it with the others anyway) crashes about once every hour and that REALLY PISSES ME OFF. Yet oddly Skyrim is so stable I can't remember when it last crashed. I have played 24+ hour marathons of Skyrim and not had a single crash. I think it's the engine change.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Yes, the Skyrim engine is incredibly stable for me as well... Except when I put more than 250 mods on it at one time.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've got about 70 of them, counting by plugins, including my own. (My Skyrim mod is very much incomplete, though.) That's more than Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas combined. And yet, it's the most stable. I don't get it.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Rant/Vent: Have you ever sucked so much at a game that it's not possible for you to advance the next few levels, cause you keep getting kicked by other players cause you're so terrible?

World of Warcraft Raids, ladies and gentleman. Thanks you freaking retards. I try, I reeeeally try. But no, I'm sorry. I will NEVER be as skilled as you guys, I'm sorry I don't live up to your f***ing expectations. "Do that!" "Do this!" What do you think I've been doing you f***snot? Just sitting twiddling my oversized fingers? NO. GOSH DAMN. LEAVE ME ALONE. GRAGH. [Rant over]

-------

you should try playing L4D, A.K.A. Votekick Simulator 2008

the name's riley

Rant/Vent: Have you ever sucked so much at a game that it's not possible for you to advance the next few levels, cause you keep getting kicked by other players cause you're so terrible?

World of Warcraft Raids, ladies and gentleman. Thanks you freaking retards. I try, I reeeeally try. But no, I'm sorry. I will NEVER be as skilled as you guys, I'm sorry I don't live up to your f***ing expectations. "Do that!" "Do this!" What do you think I've been doing you f***snot? Just sitting twiddling my oversized fingers? NO. GOSH DAMN. LEAVE ME ALONE. GRAGH. [Rant over]

Apparently Raids hove gotten a lot worse since I last played... Did a dual 40-man raid on the Horde capital, and not one person was kicked despite 20 of each group just walking along doing nothing. (me included)

Or Payday 2, A.K.A. Troll Kicking Simulator 2013

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

At least it's not like Combat Arms... "All decent players kicked by hackers" Simulator 2008-2014.

Or Payday 2, A.K.A. Troll Kicking Simulator 2013

This is why you play with friends and not pubs.

The thing is, that's not solving the kicking problem, or any problem for that matter. That's like taping a picture of a clean sink over a dirty sink, and calling it clean.

The thing is, that's not solving the kicking problem, or any problem for that matter. That's like taping a picture of a clean sink over a dirty sink, and calling it clean.

There's no fixing it since there's only ever four players at a time, meaning vote kicks would be pointless and would make it harder to kick people who are an actual problem.

The problem is not with the system but with the players so the most you honestly CAN do is just play with friends. It would take a lot of time and effort to develop a decent system and even longer to make it exploit proof. League of Legends has a decent system called the Tribunal in which other players of the game review report cases and vote whether or not the person get's punished which is decided by based on majority votes, and the severity of the punishment is determined by actual staff. But for this system to work you need to have a large enough player base since not all the players are gonna take part in it and you want to avoid groups of trolls from getting through as much as possible.

Retired Forum Moderator

I get where you guys are coming from, and what you're saying, I just still don't like the answer. It seems to be the answer to every single problem in the Payday 2 forums, I'm sick of it.