FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 47

I don't recall a box like that being on that elevator. Every single time I ever played Half-Life, I just jumped down into the elevator area and pushed the button.

I mean that one:

1300737000.jpg

Another great episode, the only nitpick I have is how Freeman got into the elevator.

simple- he just stepped trough the cap between rails

That's what I imagined, but the problem is it looks like he just fazed through it. It was really obvious noclip was used.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Another great episode, the only nitpick I have is how Freeman got into the elevator.

simple- he just stepped trough the cap between rails

That's what I imagined, but the problem is it looks like he just fazed through it. It was really obvious noclip was used.

Yeah, Gordon should have looked a bit to the side or something while doing that. I'm frankly surprised, these little things are usually done really well with supporting sound effects and everything. I imagine it has something to do with that water + computer incident.

I like how he berates the soldiers for killing each other whilst casually forgetting that he just killed the guard on his side moments earlier... :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Military car alarm! and his comment on how the truck had no steering wheel hit me the most. Great stuff as always.

At first I thought he would just ignore the flat texture of the truck since everything is supposed to be real to him but then he did and it was hilarious.

The new sounds were sort of jarring since everything was stock before, but the tank sounds (if they were new) were awesome.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

*Kills security guard*

"What the fu-"

*Kills the rest of the soldiers*

"Fuckin' dumbass! You ran right in front of my-"

*Looks back to find that the body disappeared and quickly turns around again*

"Jesus Christ! See, this is why I don't have friends!"

I can just see Ross' reaction. He was going to yell at the body but found that it completely disappeared so he had to quickly pretend like it hadn't by looking the other way.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The body is still there, but the ragdoll physics will cause it to fall straight through the grating texture. It treats that as non-solid for some reason.

First the Tau cannon, now the hive hand.

Yes, I know it is in character, but it is still really frustrating to see him go past the best weapons.

At least we can be certain that he will take the gluon gun.

I sure as hell hope so.

Anyway, Ross, I think you and/or your sound editor forgot to replace the mp5 sound between 7:15 and 7:19 aprox. otherwise great job, it really feels amazing with the new sound effects, specially the revolver :D

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yet another episode without singing : P, still liked it though! The sound effects have a lot more 'oomph' now, makes the tank a lot more threatening. Though there is little a rocket launcher can't fix...

I hate to be 'that guy', but I assume that due to your current mass mind-production of Freeman's, downloadable copies of earlier episodes (43 and 44, specifically) are somewhat lower priority? Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with more shiny new episodes instead of old ones, but this 'Freeman's Mind' folder of mine is feeling a bit left out. I am a completionist : P

Freeman not picking up the hivehand was logical, but I expected him to at least check what the turret was guarding. I would have been interested in his reaction finding the uranium 235 just lying around in back of the truck. (But from his previous experience, it would have been logical for the turret to actually be a car alarm or guard a bottomless lunch box or something similar).

There was a nuke in the truck? I did not know that.

I will not stop until all of my foes go down in flames.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4950/flamingsigld7.jpg

Freeman not picking up the hivehand was logical, but I expected him to at least check what the turret was guarding. I would have been interested in his reaction finding the uranium 235 just lying around in back of the truck. (But from his previous experience, it would have been logical for the turret to actually be a car alarm or guard a bottomless lunch box or something similar).

There was a nuke in the truck? I did not know that.

Not a nuke, just the uranium ammunition for the Gluon Gun/Tau Cannon

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

y'know, i started to think- where he puts all these weapons and ammo? i mean, the suit doesnt even have pockets, does it?

would make good Rambo rant (well, another one)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

realistic1.jpg

:mrgreen:

My in-universe theory here is that the HEV suit provides a Bag of Holding of sorts. Since the Black Mesa Research Facility is engaging in teleportation, my theory is that the suit has a small portal that you can take with you. Stick the weapon into the portal and place it on a convenient shelf somewhere else in the facility. Need the weapon? Stick your hand into the portal and grab it off the shelf.

But the real reason is: Video Game Logic

I'd still like to know if we watched it on blip more than once would that count as more views.

I'd like to know how advertising and videos online work.

Yeah, I'd love to know how to support you more!

I mean that one:

Thank you for not making me feel like the only one to remember such things. I was worried that it was recently taken out of the Source version or something.

Anyway, Ross, I think you and/or your sound editor forgot to replace the mp5 sound between 7:15 and 7:19 aprox. otherwise great job, I really feels amazing with the new sound effects, specially the revolver :D

Haha, you weren't suppose to pick up on that! :P I barley noticed it though; it was nicely implemented. I agree the Revolver sounds really awesome.

Thanks for the awesome feedback on my sound editing. It's not perfect, but I'm more than glad to help out Mr. Scott for the time being on his work. Thanks dudes

That was very impressive, especially for a first job! I like how well you masked the shots over the in-game ones; that would have been hard. I may need to ask you for those gun sounds later. :P

As for the new sound effects, they are neat, but they kinda seem, I dunno, out of place? Considering we have been going with stock for the whole trip, suddenly switching feels weird.

I know it would be a massive amount of work, but if you ever get the rights to the old videos to re-upload, could they maybe be added there to add to cohesion?

Thing is, even if you wanted to do that, you can't really go back and just add the sound effects on top of the old videos (at least not on all the episodes) because they're mixed in the background too well. You would need to actually swap out the default ones in the game with these new modded shots, then re-record the demo that Ross initially makes for each episode, re-edit and cut the videos to the old length, redo the volume balancing and synchronising, then re-upload the entire collection one by one, which, more importantly, would make my 3.0 GB collection of Freeman's Mind OUTDATED! :P

I am a completionist : P

So am I! It's become a burden on my hard drive and internet capacity, but I'm just a couple episodes short of the whole FM series. :P

I like how he berates the soldiers for killing each other whilst casually forgetting that he just killed the guard on his side moments earlier... :P

*Looks back to find that the body disappeared and quickly turns around again*

"Jesus Christ! See, this is why I don't have friends!"I can just see Ross' reaction. He was going to yell at the body but found that it completely disappeared so he had to quickly pretend like it hadn't by looking the other way.

Hahaha! I know, that was one of the funnier parts!

The body is still there, but the ragdoll physics will cause it to fall straight through the grating texture. It treats that as non-solid for some reason.

Ohh, I thought it was due to the next level loading, but that still wouldn't make sense. You did very well trying to hide it.