Music General

@Selfsurprise: I have listened to none of these. :D Sweet. XD I listen to like... no music at all though so... X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

@Selfsurprise: I have listened to none of these. :D Sweet. XD I listen to like... no music at all though so... X3

I pretty much just cherry picked stuff from my last.fm library and tried to mush together into something recognizable.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Yet more great tunes Jeb! And haha, I do look forward to seeing what you make from my chords :P

@DeWolfeJV: ooft, that tone, dat chug. What guitar do you have?

I use an Ibanez RG8 through a Laney RB2 bass amp with a DigiTech Death Metal distortion pedal. The low end is amazing.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

My music is revolting again.

yYtfI6i.png

I found out, it's REALLY hard to try and explain musical terms to a non-musician. XD With my fiance looking over my shoulder and asking so many damn questions. XP Goodness me.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Sad to say it folks, but we lost a legend today.

R.I.P. David Bowie, you will be dearly missed :cry:

the name's riley

I got up late. Hearing this, makes me want to just go back to bed. Today is cancelled.

RIP.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

When I was a kid, my dad would play a lot of songs from the 70's-80's. Some of them would be from bands like Talking Heads, Love and Rockets, and yes, David Bowie. Some of the songs I remember listening to are Ashes to Ashes, Fame, Golden Years, and Rebel Rebel.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I don't know who David Bowie is... >.<

I don't know any musicians or singers!!

-------

First Lemmy and now David Bowie. All the giants are passing away.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

!!!

iYYRH4apXDo

dLYafk0Lui0

HSH--SJKVQQ

pl3vxEudif8

Incredible musician who will be missed greatly. RIP David Bowie, you were fucking amazing.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm actually fairly impressed you haven't heard of Bowie until now. He's so culturally ubiquitous. That's like being a Mormon and not knowing who John the Baptist was! :P

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'd be fairly surprised if someone i know in class would know other Bowie songs aside from Under Pressure, and that The Man Who Sold The World was not originally from Nirvana, but those songs are good for when you're starting to get into his music.

Welp, now what?

My band's EP got reviewed in the regional music mag!

This Newcastle-based four piece (made up of a Northumbrian, a Geordie, a Cumbrian and a Scot) certainly know how to whirl up a stompin' tune and the four tracks on this EP set out their stall very nicely, from the foot-tappin' rockin' of Live it up, to the Pogues-esque One By One, to the swaying balladry of House Of Cards, they simply nail it. Top-notch guitar work throughout too, mark them down as a real band to watch.

My band's EP got reviewed in the regional music mag!

This Newcastle-based four piece (made up of a Northumbrian, a Geordie, a Cumbrian and a Scot) certainly know how to whirl up a stompin' tune and the four tracks on this EP set out their stall very nicely, from the foot-tappin' rockin' of Live it up, to the Pogues-esque One By One, to the swaying balladry of House Of Cards, they simply nail it. Top-notch guitar work throughout too, mark them down as a real band to watch.

Well done! :D I don't suppose you have a bandcamp page or something similar? I'd love to take a listen.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Cheers guys! :D We did a spot of filming tonight for general use. The sound quality is a bit arse as I was rushing to set everything up in time to do something before we had pack down again, but it's not clipped to buggery like in the last video I posted here. We're gigging next Friday, so Imma see if I can film that too, also with better sound.

I'm planning on doing a more 'official' music video that plays to a track off the EP at some point - I've got a mate who'd be willing to do it, and his camera's much more decent than mine!

Thanks for the link Vapymid :3

@ Blinky The Rabbit: I have to confess this isn't my usual kind of musical fare, but it does have a certain upbeat country/pseudo-psychobilly quality that can't be scoffed at. My older brother would absolutely love this stuff. I'll let him listen to it and I'll get back to you with his verdict.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa