Music General

Sweet stuff there! Very groovy - I agree with Cluster that it sounds much better when you yourself play it :3 More of these pl0x.

----

Well it looks like our guitarist is about to leave the band, which sucks immensely as it's going to be tough to find someone who'll play the sort of stuff he plays in a band like ours. For those of you who've heard the first EP, we've changed a lot since shifting to a drumkit - we're louder, faster and more punky now. And to find a folkie who'd enjoy that environment, as opposed to a more general rock guitarist, is not common. He adds an interesting spice to the music.

So we might change gears slightly and get in a rock guitarist and a fiddle player, which would create a different feel, but could still potentially work with our songs.

This isn't really for public viewing, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M41SvLdZkl0. Apologies for the out-of-focus.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I made a new song! And I REALLY like this one. XD So much so, that I made up lyrics for it and everything. If people want, I can record me singing it, but only if people want me to. The tune came to me literally whilst I was on the bus. There was enough noise for me to freely hum to myself. Got home, jotted it down, and here we go! :D

Lyrics:

Once upon a time came one small feather.

A single vial of blood and leather.

Clapping like thunder, raging weather.

A beautiful song like the winter nether.

You'd call me broken, call me death.

But I stand here singing with a leading breath.

A swiftful swoop laying in the night.

That's faster than the sight of the bleeding bright.

Swear and cry to fear in closure.

Nothing here but the cold exposure.

You can pace around and believe it's right.

But nothing can stop this deadly smite.

Seek the ashes, find your pleasure.

Swing your feet I'll swing my scythe.

The beauty of death and the soul of treasure.

Lay here a song to sing and writhe.

Look at me, no sound no peep.

Don't go looking in the rising deep.

It's not so bad if you let it go.

I promise the pain won't be so slow.

-----

Please forgive me the swiftful darkness.

I don't expect praise for this evil carcass.

Don't let the suffer torture blindless.

Just make it seem like a single kindness.

Leave them be, I'll cure their senses.

Wash their time from the past offenses.

A beautiful place that the people cower.

Where the souls inside can grow their flower.

Go on-forth and hold to thee.

But take a second, don't you see.

Heaven's a beauty that will be shared.

To all those that above declare.

No more starving, no more waiting.

No more living in the bed and hating.

Sickness, cancer, trusted sadness.

The mind of the elder's sombre madness.

@Binky: Good luck with your band's quest! :3

EDIT: I really like the video! :D Catchy song. Nice singers. :3 Love it.

Ashes.zip

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

This isn't really for public viewing, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M41SvLdZkl0. Apologies for the out-of-focus.

Quite good. The mics and drums are just a little loud in that recording, (IMO) but otherwise quite good. Sounds similar musically to some of my all-time favorite stuff. I'm not particularly a fan of the lead singer's voice though, just feels like when you hear someone drone on. (though that may just be the recording)

I hope you find someone willing to keep to your current style, there's way too few dealing with new styles nowadays.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If people want, I can record me singing it, but only if people want me to.
Yep. Please :P
The mics and drums are just a little loud in that recording, (IMO) but otherwise quite good. Sounds similar musically to some of my all-time favorite stuff. I'm not particularly a fan of the lead singer's voice though, just feels like when you hear someone drone on. (though that may just be the recording)

Oh yeah, it's not studio quality. It's a couple of condensers on each side of the room (the camera decided to focus on the mic stand, even after I moved it out of shot, which is why it's blurred) going into my laptop. Kinda miffed they didn't pick up the electric guitar all that well, but eh, it's better than what the Camera picked up!

And yeah, I'm not all that sure about his vocals either, but it seems to do the job well enough to keep us getting gigs, so I can't really complain ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAV8CDkuPvbeGVoZTFFNm9zdGM/view?usp=sharing

There we go. X3 Singing!

Please don't say how I could improve. XD I don't plan on making a big deal out of my singing, I'd rather stay casual with it all. :3 I just sing to show off lyrics. Most of the time...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Uh, 5 days in between my two posts. This should be... okay...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAV8CDkuPvbamkydVBYTFZiOEU/view?usp=sharing

I made a new song! :D It's not actually piano this time. It's a kind of... techno computer sounding song. ^_^ I really like it. It's kinda jumpy... but relaxing at the same time. It's great to write to. I love writing when listening to my own music. X3 The music I compose usually relates to the plot of the stories I create, so it's great when I need to make some mental-visualization of the character and their surroundings.

XD Damn. I'm too darn creative. Writing stories, 3D modelling, digital drawing, music composing, WHERE DOES IT END!?

-------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAV8CDkuPvbeGVoZTFFNm9zdGM/view?usp=sharing

There we go. X3 Singing!

Please don't say how I could improve. XD I don't plan on making a big deal out of my singing, I'd rather stay casual with it all. :3 I just sing to show off lyrics. Most of the time...

Not to claim the proficiency to be able to critique you, but I quite enjoyed listening to this. I can't help but notice that in this song, your accent sounds vaguely like that of someone from the Southeastern United States. It somehow added to it, being from that region myself.

On the topic of singing, here's my (rather shaky and unprofessional) attempt at singing a contra B flat without growling or burping. I start on Bb2 and drop the note an octave. Most of my middle/upper range sounds "hollow" and I need to work on my breath control so the sound is a little more stable and clear. Feel free to criticize me:

dUqfYyb_C9c

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Unfortunately, there's no advice I can give, as I'm not a singer myself. But I can give you compliments! Good job! Love it! XP I always get so impressed by the ability to reach so high and so low. XD I have my friend who can sing reeaally high. Then you who can sing so loooww... X3 It makes you sound like my piano if I accidentally play an octave too far down. XD Not a bad thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAV8CDkuPvbd2dzcGJSSWJYUGc/view?usp=sharing

I made a new song! It's really nice. It's both oriental, and a slight hint of Russian. :P And not entirely my boring piano. I need to tweak the volumes a little, as the bass near the end of the song is basically unheard.

-------

I guess I could take a crack at sharing something here.

This is just a little guitar solo I did awhile ago. It was meant to be a test for my laptop's microphone, then later became a little experiment with Audacity. I added a harmonizer effect on this to give it a full sound, like 3 guitars playing in harmony, I was a tad influenced by Brian May when trying to get that sound, hence the title of my little fiddle around. Anyway, here it is:

Welp, now what?

Great stuff peeps!

I was meaning on doing more musical things now that Uni's finished, but Summer's been more hectic and disorganised than I anticipated. Still, will have something to show one day...!

@AP_Pastor: Well, the second part... sounds rather creepy. XD But also reeeaaally cool! That's so wicked. :D Good job!

@GrooveWindow: Really nice work! :D Personally not my type of music, but I really admire it! Seems like you guys have put a lot of work into it. Feedback, I'd say vocals volume vary too much at times. Sometimes it's too quiet, sometimes too loud. There's a sort of balance that is lacking... but it's not too much of an issue. :3 Everything else is amazing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tru72PSBM8

My newest creation, not piano sounding this time! :P I really love the electronic sounding instruments, so I couldn't help myself.

Sorry for terrible quality. I'm not really too fussed about quality until I make up an album of some sort. I was streaming on Twitch last night for a friend, and I ended up getting bored so I randomly made this song. X3 Took me 2 hours to compose, using MuseScore and Jazz.

-------

Man....went to the third mixing session for the EP. This stuff will blow out windows.

Can't remember if I've heard your tune, Jeb. Will edit in a response :3

4a0Oiab.png

My new composition has a moment where Synthesia makes it into a pretty rainbow. X3

Thought it looked pretty awesome.

Your imagination produces rainbows :D - it's your Imagination - Improvisation, isn't it?

I took the liberty to work on your Darkness - done it some time ago, only now got round to posting, sorry...

There is a rendered version on the Soundcloud too - here

And the midi...

Hope you guys like it...

Eh, so much stuff to go through, will take me ages, I guess :-)

Regards

P.S. Oh, I see there have been additions to the moderators team - congratulations!

Darkness_final.zip

Oh... It's gorgeous!! All the different instruments! The percussion! Both creepy and lively! :D Well, to me anyway... X3

Thank you so so much. Ah, I love it! :D You did such a good job on this, really!

I made a new song by the way... XP I've made a lot of songs since you've been gone. But this one is my latest one! :D

Oh, LOL! My file actually exceeds the size max. X3 Rubbish. Okay. Whatever.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAV8CDkuPvbWFpMYjBMbExzZ1U/view?usp=sharing

As you can see, without my MIDI buddy, I've resorted to... composing percussion. *shivers* XD Hopefully it's not too bad. This was a lot of fun to create though. :D Hope ya'll like it!

-------

Friday 9th October, this is dropping. Will be coming to Spotify et al a little later.

12096192_405990222929746_7069006885088468988_n.jpg?oh=9982b78ad7d131ea111a4ada06695f05&oe=56A00770

:D Hooray!

-------

Hey! :D Vappy, my Midi buddy! I got something for ya.

Made it this afternoon... there's some stuff I want to do to it, need to figure out how to fade things... as some instruments WILL go on forever if you leave 'em to it. XD And I don't want that. That guitar on the end should not sound for the rest of eternity. You wouldn't happen to know how to make a note fade, perhaps?

If you open it up with Jazz, you can see the violin having a skitz during the middle-quiet part of the song too... XP But it's just on really low volume - for now. I want to make that fade down too. But I dunno how! If you're going to edit it, could you perhaps fix some of the broken notes as well? - The ones that don't play cause they're too close to one another, i.e: the banes of my existence. XD Thanks! :D

Anyway, haven't made a song in a while so I thought I'd throw this up. X3 It sounds nice! In a minor key as usual. :P

Hope ya'll like it!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is one of my few songs that use a 3/4 time signature! :3 I usually work in common time, but I guess I decided to try something different... FOR ONCE. XD

Feathers.zip

-------

Nice song! You are doing more and more complex stuff... I like it so much. And in a waltz time this once? :D

Here is the MIDI with the notes fixed. Unfortunately, fading is not possible in MIDI as far as I know. It can be rendered into audio and faded there. I can do that...

Regards

Feathers-A.zip