Music General

May I recommend another Wakeman masterpiece?:

UjjYT90yFxE

My oh my! So many good music has emerged in this thread recently! I might make a playlist dedicated to all your pieces someday. If I can pick some favourites, it'll have to be Jeb's Finale andThe Pastures' One by One

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Welp, now what?

With all those instruments? Eh... give me a week. :P

kWoGSoE.jpg

Ah, that's how you make your mutitrack music! Now I know. Where's the trumpet though? :P

Regards

Uhh... With all these horror games I've been watching, there's probably some trumpet player that belongs with the string quartet and the sousaphone man playing behind my back. XD Ehyy, referencesss...

@AP_Pastor: Sounds cool. :3 I like him.

For fun, decided to record some piano playing. X3

Excuse the vertical-ness... I'm a retard. XD I'm kinda proud that I nailed that half scale though. X3 @1:42. Usually my speed is off, or I hit a wrong note, or it's not loud enough, or I use the wrong fingers - but that's literally my most perfect scale I've ever played. XD

EQoSpMCvAEw

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

If I can pick some favourites, it'll have to be the Finale and One by One
Cheers man! :D
With all those instruments? Eh... give me a week. :P

kWoGSoE.jpg

Haha! What I'm thinking is, if you have the parts notated on your laptop, you could send them to people. Like, you could send the bass parts to me, GrooveWindow or AP_Pastor, we could record it, and then send it back to you. You could get a number of us to work on it, and hopefully the final product will sound awesome!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Haha! What I'm thinking is, if you have the parts notated on your laptop, you could send them to people. Like, you could send the bass parts to me, GrooveWindow or AP_Pastor, we could record it, and then send it back to you. You could get a number of us to work on it, and hopefully the final product will sound awesome!

I'd love to contribute on bass, though my recording technique may be a bit primitive (an amp facing the microphone), but i'll see what I can do with it. With the three of us being bassist, I can't help but think of the bassists from the Funk Brothers.

Welp, now what?

I think Binky's idea is great! But we'll also need a woodwind player and a drummer - at the very least, I think.

@Jeb - your hands are so nicely set and so dextrous (and so graceful). I love watching you play... Not to mention that this is one of my favourite pieces of your music... Thank you for sharing this with us!

@AP - Oh, yesss. The Six Wives... what really made Wakeman as an individual name, apart from being part of groups... I love all of his early stuff - including No Earthly Connection (which is actually one of my favourites) and 1984. And of course the "Myths And Legends of King Arthur" - which he wrote thinking he was dying, by the way, so he put his everything in it...

rXlkBo0ZcFQ

Regards

@You Bass players:

Oh. So three of you playing the bass line(s) and just single me playing the keyboard? :P Sounds fun though... I must say! :D We're gonna need some metronomes or something. XD The timing will be a bitch more than anything else. As for the stuff we can't play like drums or whatever, we can get the computer to play it! :D

And Vappy will be our audience. XP

Meanwhile...

SgVKT9011kI

Have more piano playing! :D Not a composition of mine for once. XP Few minutes, and it's different to the sheet music/video I based it off, but that's okay - I like it this way. :3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I mean I have absolutely no talent and an awful voice, but that never stopped Tim Armstrong.

Or Ozzy Osbourne... (who I consider to have epic songs) A bad voice, and no talent can still work if you put it to the right music.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

And Vappy will be our audience. XP

Oh, I hope I won't be the only audience! Ah... that brings me to a request... Can I be the Executive Audience? :D

But, yes, thank you for the video - a nice idea to post it. Your hands are so well set on the keyboard - it's always nice to watch you play. As so well too.

@AP and BTG - well in my opinion poor vocals is what ruins a lot of modern, otherwise, interesting music. Very very rarely I now find bands with singers I really like... Male singers (the ones I mostly listen to) just normally can't match the emotional colour of the music or are trying to put theatrics a la Peter Gabriel or Peter Hammill but fail abjectly and female singers are all trying to sound like Whitney Houston (I blame X-Factor for that).

Jeb would make an excellent rock band singer if she wanted to, by the way. I've listened to those videos she posted here - she has a very nice voice and range... Jeb, I mean that!

Regards

I hope uploading covers like this will get my channel some attention though... I don't plan on making my YouTube stuff a big thing at all. X3 But if I'm successful in that place, I won't mind! :D Nice to have something running like that on the side.

@MrKittyCat: I don't make a lot of songs with lyrics in them... I only have like... two. XP And they're tucked away somewhere in this thread. But if you want to sing to one of them, go ahead! :D I have a bunch of midi files and lyric sheets, so ask and you shall receive!

@Vappy: Executive Audience? Eh, if it makes you feel any better. :P

Also... Funny that... when I was 7 years old, I actually dreamed of becoming a rock band singer! XD But then I realized - I'm a lazy piece of snot. :D So, instead of standing up on a stage and singing to an audience, I'm sitting down and making music on my computer instead. XP Living the life.

Random request to anyone and everyone: Give me a key/chord! From A-G, sharps or flats. XP I want to make a song. ♪ ♪ :D

-------

I think Binky's idea is great! But we'll also need a woodwind player and a drummer - at the very least, I think.
I can also play drums, clarinet, and saxophone, but not as fluently as Bass. :P
Give me a key/chord! From A-G' date=' sharps or flats. XP I want to make a song. ♪ ♪ :D[/quote']Gb Major :twisted:

@Vapy: I'll agree. Vocalists are like actors in my opinion. They have to deliver the lines (or lyrics, rather) with emotional colour and conviction that makes the song engaging to listen. A poor vocalist could ruin a song, no matter how well-written it is.

@Jeb: I'd like a depressing D Minor, my favourite chord for some reasons.

Welp, now what?

Gb Major :twisted:
I'd like a depressing D Minor, my favourite chord for some reasons.
E7

*attempts to put it all together*

...I hate you all. XD You can sometimes pull off a weird major and minor change, but not when it's freaking Gb major and E7. Get out. XP I want permission to change them into minor keys, dammit. Or at least change the D minor to a major or something. XD I mean, I CAN make a song out of the chords. But I can't promise that it'd sound pretty. :P And I want to actually make a song that isn't going to make people want to walk out of the room when they hear it. XP

-------

I can't promise that it'd sound pretty. :P And I want to actually make a song that isn't going to make people want to walk out of the room when they hear it. XP

Don't worry, I've listened to 'December 1952' by Earle Brown. I guarantee your piece will sound prettier!

I can also play drums, clarinet, and saxophone, but not as fluently as Bass.

Oh, man, you just the right find for Jeb, then! Wow.

hansolo_salute.gifm6Oo6.gif

@Jeb - ah, seeing how I was late to the party you can drop mine! Maybe next time :D

Regards

I'm here to leave another shameless plug. My band, Luke and the Somethings (Soundcloud in sig), has recently released our debut album entitled "Kentucky Gentlemen"! You can get it on iTunes, Amazon Music, or on CDBaby (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lukeandthesomethings)

If anyone takes the time to listen to some of our stuff, feedback is appreciated! And if you decide to buy even one song, then I'm incredibly grateful!

Okay, enough shameless plugs. Lol.

If you're feeling gracious, check out my band on SoundCloud. ----> http://www.Soundcloud.com/Luke-and-the-somethings

@Vappy... Nooo! You are just as important as everyone else, so that means I use your chord. XP Мой Русский! :D

@Binky, at least give me permission to change the GbMajor to a G#Major, and then I'll make something good. XP

@GrooveWindow: Will check out your stuff when I'm home later! :D

-------

Sorry Jeb, no can do :P

If you're stuck, I worked out a chord progession for you:

Dm

A

Bm

E7

C#m

F# (Gb enharmonic)

Bm

E7

F#m

Bm

G

A

A7

and back to Dm.

I reckon you could work out some interesting melodies/harmonies to that. Give you brain a good sweat :P

@Binky: *grumbles* I'll give YOU a good sweat. ...*coughs* Okay, anyway... XD

Fine. I'll make the bloody song. :P Goodness me. Thank you.

Before doing so though, I just finished this recording up. You won't believe me when I tell you this only took one take... One... take... XD That's freaking amazing, seeing as it usually takes me 5 or 6 tries. And other than my fingers getting twisted and tied at some points, there's only really one major mistake. XP And I fix it in like, less than a second anyway. I'm kind of amazed at how confident I was on this recording though... usually my legs shake and I hit all the wrong notes. But like, I went into this first recording KNOWING full well that I was going to stuff up at some point. And that it'd be okay, I'd re-record and try again. But... I was wrong! XD I barely stuffed up at all. In fact, I improved over the course of that recording! Before it, I wasn't able to get the last bit straight up down pat, and other parts of the song I'd either stutter or do something completely wrong. But not in the recording! What is happening to me? XD

Also, Rarity - this is either a way of me proving to people that I can learn a piano song by ear. :P Or... that I can easily beat you on the 'keys' gamemode in PhaseShift if we 'took it outside'. XD But heaven forbid me trying to play it on a guitar or bass. XP You can do that. I'll give you that one.

Y51QegWrWX0

-------