Game Dungeon Wish List

How about the first Sacred and it's expansion Underworld?

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Man, so many games I would suggest seem to be Mac-only. Unless I'm not looking in the right places.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Check Wikipedia to see if they're Mac only... Unless they were unbelievably obscure, (and likely not very fun) they usually had a Linux version. Many also had a Windows version.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Check Wikipedia to see if they're Mac only... Unless they were unbelievably obscure, (and likely not very fun) they usually had a Linux version. Many also had a Windows version.

would you include Zany Golf in that BTG? since it may not have a Linux version it had a DOS Shrill music Edition which sounds like some 80s Techno Rock LOL!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Zany Golf was back before Apple went down the tubes. ;)

Zany Golf was back before Apple went down the tubes. ;)

when was that?

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

Early 90's, when Apple decided to run themselves into the ground by sticking to RISC processors when CISC was superior.

hmm...how early in the 90s BTG since it may have been before i was born (was born in late 92)

Just look it up... Intel tried to convince Apple to move to CISC architecture, but Apple refused. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh#1990.E2.80.9398:_Decline_and_transition_to_PowerPC

FYI, CISC is the standard Intel and AMD processor architecture, and RISC is used for modern ARM-based processors. CISC is MUCH better and faster at complex equations and processing than RISC. (RISC doesn't even have a function for 'divide' in most implementations!)

There is this really weird and bad pc game called Spuds that even managed to get a sequel. It's a point and click adventure, the first one follows a kid who has to go rescue his grandfather, who happens to be Santa Claus, and the second one is more halloween themed.

The games are filled with bad movie references, bad jokes and moments that are creepy, it's mostly just a game series centered around weird things.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

A game that's known by many, played by few. Has a lot of weird little things in it behind the big survival part of it.

^Oh man. That was one fuckin' ugly game! Would love to see Ross's take on that, even if it's a Super Famicon game.

As for my request, I'd like to see Ross do Queen: The eYe. The game's made by EA, gameplay's similar to the early Resident Evil, and each of the 5 discs featured remixed music by Queen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen:_The_eYe

Welp, now what?

I'm thinking about some kind of best-of/worst-of list for Game Dungeon, like for smaller things. For example, a "best-of/worst of Half-Life mods". I don't know if this is something Ross is even interested in doing, but I'd like to see like that top 25 most-anticipated games list but for things like, say, Nightmare House 2 and Black Mesa.

hmm this is an old dos game... dont know if itas up ross's ally or not but i suggest torin's passage.

There are 2 games id love to see get reviewed but emulator would be necessary....Vigliante 8 and Vigilante 8 2nd offense

Cave Story

Iji

OFF

I have to re-recommend these, especially OFF. All of these are freeware and cost no money to play. They are quite the experience, and I encourage people to play them on their own time as well.

Iji:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Iji

Cave Story:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/CaveStory

OFF:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Off

"Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" seems like something Ross would like. I'm surprised he's never mentioned it before, but I would love to see a Game Dungeon episode on it. It's a relatively low budget first person survival horror game based on the Cthulhu Mythos, released in 2005. It's got some uncommon mechanics and ideas (e.g. you do have weapons but spend half the game without them, you don't have conventional regeneration or health packs, you have a sanity meter, there are investigation sections), as well as a surprisingly realistic FPS experience (no HUD, only a handful of weapons, low health, slow movement, iron sights, emphasis on stealth, etc.). Plus a Lovecraftian story, of course (mostly based on "The Shadow Over Innsmouth").

It's definitely a mixed bag as far as quality goes. The graphics are bad, some of the levels are poorly designed with luck based segments, it's buggy as hell, and the puzzles are usually terrible, but I think the good outweighs the bad. Slightly. On top of all of that, it's not that well known. It seems like the perfect game for the show... well, besides Eternam, but it's not really fair to count Eternam.

Limbo of the Lost.

The literal worst game in history, and with a history of corruption to boot.

Limbo of the Lost is a freaking train wreck. Let's just get that out of the way. But, to answer the question it is a point-and-click adventure game developed by Majestic Studios for Windows PC. Production of the game began in 1993 for the Amiga ST and finally concluded in what we know as July of 2007. Yes, Duke Nukem Forever has jack on this game. It was published in 2007 to...unfortunate results not long after... But that is all a story for another day...

So what is it about?

Limbo of the Lost chronicles the adventures of Benjamin Briggs, the lost captain of the legendary ghost ship the Mary Celeste in Limbo. Some say he got lost there... There is still much speculation.

Do I need to elaborate more that we're getting into some mental territory?

What's this about plagiarism?

Limbo of the Lost's claim to fame is that despite its supposed 14 year development cycle; the game borrowed a "few" things. This resulted in it being pulled from shelves less than a year later. And by "a few things" I mean the developers wholesale stole assets from a colorful and diverse variety of games in order to flesh out its abysmal experience. Diablo 2, Oblivion, Thief 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Painkiller, Vampire: Masquerades...the list goes on and on...

It's like Where's Waldo, only with a civil lawsuit when you find him.

This game has pretty abysmal spell checking and like I said is totally mental. It is beatable, but is in general just insane. Like adventure puzzle just isn't even close to this. In one part of the game he says he's terrified of bugs only earlier he had a pocket full of them. It can't even keep it's own protagonist traits straight. It's a glorious train wreck.

It's fairly obscure, or really obscure I couldn't tell you. I know no one I know has heard of it, and the fact that it was pulled from shelves so quickly didn't help it so it has that going for it. If you're amazed other games got made then this will blow your mind. 14 years remember.

I will admit there's some mild maze wandering that is made slightly worse by having no indication of what you're to do. It's not really truly all that bad in comparison to Rev's that you did, and I imagine the sheer "I can't believe this" factor might make up for it.

The corruption behind the scenes is one of the developers talking about how great it is, and even going on message boards on various new accounts to talk about how great the story, and game are. He even has his fake people talk about how unique the character models are (the main character is one of the default characters from Poser), and he gets caught on almost every message board, and makes up a story about someone else using the computer post stuff. This is after he attacks anyone who criticizes the game at all in as nasty a manner as possible.

It's def one of the weirdest games out there. I mean throwing bear traps on helpless peoples eyeballs level weird (this is a thing that happens)

Ross should do either Floor 13 or Shadow President, mainly because they're overlooked DOS games that don't really get that much attention.