Team Fortress 2

I'd reply but it'd turn into a CoD discussion which = thread derail. :|

I digress... has anyone here ever played competitive or TF2Lobby?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Competitive TF2 is just TF2 with specific maps, lower populations, usually mods like nocrits, etc., specific classes, and generally a higher skill ceiling. TF2Lobby is a website dedicated to organized 6v6 matches.

Scrims (scrimmages), pugs (pickup games), etc. are all considered competitive. I believe matches in TF2Lobby are scrims.

About specific classes: I mean 6v6 teams usually have certain numbers of certain classes. The default 6v6 team is:

2 Scouts

2 Soldiers

1 Medic

1 Demoman

Any class other than the ones listed above is referred to as a utility. The Sniper and Heavy are the most commonly used utilities, but the Heavy usually only appears on the European circuit.

This guide can probably explain it better: http://www.ubercharged.net/how-to-play-tf2/the-competitive-tf2-guide/

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Ha, I really don't get how limiting gameplay to four classes is more advanced, but whatever.
Those four, and occasionally a very good sniper, would likely be the most effective against other high skilled players especially with such small populations. Pyro's have too short a range and good ones typically rely on surprise and compression blast which isn't very effective against an experienced scout, Heavies are sitting ducks for the kind of snipers that play competitive TF2 and aren't as effective with such a small team, Engineers are only really helpful with holding objectives not seeking out enemies and Spies usually rely on a lack of communication within the enemy team and slipping in among a great deal of confusion which I doubt you'd find on a competitive team. It's not completely limited to 4 classes but those 4 are the most reliable.

No wonder I suck so badly at competitive play, Heavy and Engie are my majors.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Is there way to reset my performance report? I joined an achievement lobby not knowing what it actually is(at first i thought it was just stupid map design and that by coincidence half of the players were afk), so now i have those ugly long sticks on my engie which i am so not proud of.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is there way to reset my performance report? I joined an achievement lobby not knowing what it actually is(at first i thought it was just stupid map design and that by coincidence half of the players were afk), so now i have those ugly long sticks on my engie which i am so not proud of.
On the menu go to Items, Stats, Reset.

3.png

Speaking of which...

I HAVE 80 HOURS AS SNIPER SINCE I RESET MY STATS A LONG TIME AGO.

AAAAAAAAAHHHH.

No wonder I suck so badly at competitive play, Heavy and Engie are my majors.

You could probably play Medic; I think you'd have enough game sense and map knowledge from playing Engie, and positioning from playing Heavy.

You also have a mic which would make giving info to your team easy, which is critical in competitive.

I've been restricted entirely to Xbox TF2 lately. The only GOOD maps are Gravel Pit, Granary, and Dustbowl (only if teams are well-matched.) I CAN'T FUCKING STAND 2FORT, and that's what half the servers are. But I have played some competitive before but at the time, I got demolished. This was when I first got into TF2. But now, I've worked on my Soldier and Scout (not sure how that'll convert over to PC from Xbox,) but I'm confident I could do well in ESEA's open tourneys.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I have never tried competitive tf2, mostly due to the high ping i usually get and how it screws my skills, no matter how high is my ping i think i wont lag on a excellent server with a small population, still, to help the odds a southeastern USA server would be the best american server for me, Europe is just on the other side of the world :(

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I've been restricted entirely to Xbox TF2 lately. The only GOOD maps are Gravel Pit, Granary, and Dustbowl (only if teams are well-matched.) I CAN'T FUCKING STAND 2FORT, and that's what half the servers are. But I have played some competitive before but at the time, I got demolished. This was when I first got into TF2. But now, I've worked on my Soldier and Scout (not sure how that'll convert over to PC from Xbox,) but I'm confident I could do well in ESEA's open tourneys.
One word, exploits. The console versions never got patched so the old gravelpit and 2fort under the map glitches still work.

One word, exploits. The console versions never got patched so the old gravelpit and 2fort under the map glitches still work.

building teleporters out of the map, sky sentries, setup gate kills glitch. the good'ol days

On the menu go to Items, Stats, Reset.

http://cdn.benosullivan.co.uk/images/posts/2010/july/12/3.png

Thanks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I had not reset my stats a while back, I'd probably have something crazy like 300-400 hours as a Spy. Currently it's showing 177.1 hours.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I reset my stats some time in 2009 because it bore the scars of an Achievement server. I've been clean since, although my record Spy damage is because of a mod server.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I have about 80 hours as Sniper since I reset my stats. :/

Valve just updated tf2 and patched stuff...

YOU WILL BE MISSED FLYING DEMOMAN

AgX3h0ivUkw

Valve just updated tf2 and patched stuff...

YOU WILL BE MISSED FLYING DEMOMAN

pk92a_dvRSc

That was like the best part of that!!! I loved doing that. <:(

Retired Forum Moderator

Even if it looks insanely fun, it made the map too biased in favor of Demoknights.