General Chat

Hey guys. I'm hoping anyone of importance or care sees this. I want to let you all know that it's been quite a run with all of you here at the Farms. I've had some really good times with you all. But lately, that hasn't been happening anymore. I used to get on Steam and have people from this place on me all the time, asking me to play this game or that game. Well, that feeling of such a close-knit community is gone. And I really miss those days. I miss having ABG and Username around to brighten things up a bit, but shit happens and people change and leave. And with the community heading in the direction I've seen, I don't think I can stick around to watch it die, or turn into something I can't even love. To all of you I've made friends with over these couple years, I love you. To list a few of you:

Alyxx (The greatest mod who ever lived)

Rarity (One of the greatest people I know)

Chuck (My semi-twin brother)

Jek Jek (You gender changing wanker :D )

ShinyObject (The friend I always wanted to help, but only seemed to receive help from)

Bill (The now inactive coolguy mod)

Psychotic (The hater we turned into a great guy :D )

Humin (The new guy I came to like a lot)

Epsilon (TF2 pro and the starter of the legendary war)

Kaweebo (The ultimate wackjob who will certainly hold a place in my heart)

I'm sorry I have to go like this, but I'm tired of getting mad at people because they want to change this place and its people. I thought it was great the way it was. The whole forum was perfect, and I never wanted it to change from what it was. But with my closest friends here packing up and leaving, I'm afraid I'm going to have to head out with them. Again, I'll really miss you guys. Be sure to keep in touch over Steam. Thanks to Alyxx and a couple other awesome friends, my library is quite large and I'm sure we can have a good time together.

I may come back, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about it, and if I do, it won't be for quite some time. I might come back and check up on the place every now and again, but I won't make a true return unless I think it's getting back to its old nature, the way I liked it.

Once again, goodbye. This is Fluttershy signing off.

This is amazing, and true. I have pretty the same feelings. Well, that's kinda sad you gtg, but hey, you can allways come back at any time. :)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Hey guys. I'm hoping anyone of importance or care sees this. I want to let you all know that it's been quite a run with all of you here at the Farms. I've had some really good times with you all. But lately, that hasn't been happening anymore. I used to get on Steam and have people from this place on me all the time, asking me to play this game or that game. Well, that feeling of such a close-knit community is gone. And I really miss those days. I miss having ABG and Username around to brighten things up a bit, but shit happens and people change and leave. And with the community heading in the direction I've seen, I don't think I can stick around to watch it die, or turn into something I can't even love. To all of you I've made friends with over these couple years, I love you. To list a few of you:

Alyxx (The greatest mod who ever lived)

Rarity (One of the greatest people I know)

Chuck (My semi-twin brother)

Jek Jek (You gender changing wanker :D )

ShinyObject (The friend I always wanted to help, but only seemed to receive help from)

Bill (The now inactive coolguy mod)

Psychotic (The hater we turned into a great guy :D )

Humin (The new guy I came to like a lot)

Epsilon (TF2 pro and the starter of the legendary war)

Kaweebo (The ultimate wackjob who will certainly hold a place in my heart)

I'm sorry I have to go like this, but I'm tired of getting mad at people because they want to change this place and its people. I thought it was great the way it was. The whole forum was perfect, and I never wanted it to change from what it was. But with my closest friends here packing up and leaving, I'm afraid I'm going to have to head out with them. Again, I'll really miss you guys. Be sure to keep in touch over Steam. Thanks to Alyxx and a couple other awesome friends, my library is quite large and I'm sure we can have a good time together.

I may come back, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about it, and if I do, it won't be for quite some time. I might come back and check up on the place every now and again, but I won't make a true return unless I think it's getting back to its old nature, the way I liked it.

Once again, goodbye. This is Fluttershy signing off.

I'll miss you, Zack. You've been a great active member. Really hope you'll come back some time. *hugs*

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Only flaw I see is they, predictably, turned a stylized game into a realistic Modern Warfare clone as far as the art style goes. As for gameplay, well, that first trailer was all CGI so for all we know it was gonna end up exactly the same, anyway. Just looking a bit more like TF2 in the process instead of BattlefieldCallofdeathdutymodernwarfareshootemupterroristsblamblowbloo 3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

My two biggest problems are:

1. The second id completely lacking anything humorous, which was central in the first. They even replaced some of the more gimmicky weapons (like metal balls and a zappy arrows) with violent stuff (giant black spikes and immolating fire). The whole reason I loved Insomniac during PS1 & 2 was because they would do crazy thing like have a big bald guy turn into a giant robot.

2. The characters have lost, well, character. They used to each have their own identities, but now they all have nearly identical body shapes (In the first one the leader was pretty much as big as the rest combined), the women are both using generic guns (In the other they barely used them), they are all expressionless, no dialogue (I assume it would be in the trailer, they are wearing nearly identical dark colorless pouch-filled clothes, and they're all just killing people by shooting at them a lot. I'm not expecting TF2 amounts of differentiation of character, but maybe keep it at borderlands level, where they are pretty much the same but look and talk different and have different skills. Currently they're going with the Halo Reach "All the same but they have different guns."

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

BattlefieldCallofdeathdutymodernwarfareshootemupterroristsblamblowbloo

modern_videogame_box_art_by_rushfreak2-d56azmj.jpg