General Chat

If you don't like TES IV you probably wont like Skyrim. I've almost got enough money for a limited edition pre-order because Oblivion is my favorite game of all time next to Half Life 2.

Have you seen them with the face-paint?

Dark-Elf-Faces-Skyrim.jpg

3rd one from the top left looks so badass, and those are just some presets :D

-edit- So does that last female.

Looks like they're taking a step back to the style of Morrowind, just with higher graphics. :o I approve of this move tenfold.

I think I know what my character is gonna be... I wonder if they're bringing back the old voice actor. Oblivion's was good and all for those models, but these deserve more... grainy voices.

Retired Forum Moderator

I can play a Velociraptor!!

:lol:

The character models in Skyrim do definitely seem to be much improved from Oblivion's. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I'm making a dual sword wielding Nord first time around, then a pure mage Breton then either a Khajit or an Argonian assasin. All of them will be thieves because I can't help but take cool stuff when I see it, which becomes a problem when I try to play Fallout as a good character.

Races are nothing like WoW BTW, there are certain things you start off better at but they don't really effect you in the long run, but there are race bonuses such as Khajit using their claws instead of punching when using hand-to-hand or Bosmer being able to befriend animals for a period of time to attack enemies. Also in Skyrim they're getting rid of "classes" and as you get skill points you'll be able to invest them into perks (ala FO3). Say you want to specialize in swords, as you fight people with any type of sword your Blade skill will go up, but then when you level up you could choose a perk that said you deal 10% if using dual blades which makes you specialize in dual blades. Then maybe the next time you level up you could get a perk that gives you a 20% higher chance of scoring a critical hit if you use a dagger and a sword while fighting, this perk will cause you to further specialize thus creating your "class".

Also can't wait to get a pet, FO3 became way better when I found Dogmeat and I expect the same will occur with Skyrim

I think they've gotten rid of 'levels' as well. This was a real pain in Oblivion where you could be some higher level person going around in ebony armour when suddenly you get murdered by something like a wild boar because the rest of the world levels up with you... :lol:

I'm broken between argonian and dark elf. They both look awesome. I may go DE if I can fuse melee with magic like I did in oblivion.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm broken between argonian and dark elf. They both look awesome. I may go DE if I can fuse melee with magic like I did in oblivion.

Oh there'll almost certainly be some awesome (and exploitable) enchanting system in Skyrim. I don't see why they wouldn't have one. :D

Well I meant like a fused class. Like what I did in Oblivion was I had a guy who wore heavy armor with a sword and shield, but his opening move was always a spell that dealt damage over time. So while I was swinging my sword I ALSO had a spell eating away at their health.

"Yo dawg, I herd you like damage. So we put some damage in yo damage so you can hurt while you hurt."

sorry, couldn't help it.

Retired Forum Moderator

I should maybe take advantage of the schools current 1.5 meg download speeds and fill in my Steam library a little. I sure hope no instructors are requiring their students to download anything super large at 9:30 AM since this isn't going to be the most bandwidth friendly thing I've ever done. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

I pull that at home and my work is slower than that. LOLs DOCSIS 3.0 FTW

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Skyrim is one of the few games I am legit PUMPED about. I've always been very picky with games. I did not like quite a few of PS2's "Greatest Hits" games, so I've always been very stuck-up on the VG's I play. TF2 was good enough that I'll be able to play that all the time when I'm not playing other games. I will be playing Skyrim a lot when I get my new PC, but I will prioritize the competitive TF2 league.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time