Battle of the Minds

I think your voice is sexy as hell, Corky ;)

Oh please. Your opinion means shit to me, Jared.

You two sound like an old married couple :lol:

Anyway, I like all the Mind series' to a greater or lesser extent. But yeah, I don't think anyone can deny that FM tops the cake.

TALK DIRTY TO ME CURTIS.

I like Curtis's voice for Felix, it really fits the character type.

And Jared sounds so much like Ross it's scary.

Robin has the perfect voice for Shepard.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

TALK DIRTY TO ME CURTIS.

I like Curtis's voice for Felix, it really fits the character type.

And Jared sounds so much like Ross it's scary.

Robin has the perfect voice for Shepard.

Can't talk dirty. Not in the mood.

Don't think my voice is too fitting though. As Jack Noir said, my voice is pretty bad. I'm just not fit to be playing a 22-year old character at my age.

Don't think my voice is too fitting though. As Jack Noir said, my voice is pretty bad. I'm just not fit to be playing a 22-year old character at my age.

Even if you think your voice is bad, trust me,

It Could Be A lot worse.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Let's see now. In addition to Freeman's Mind listened to Barney's, Shepard's and Chell's mind. I think I liked Shepard's mind the least because it seemed most out of character. It tries to be Freeman's mind a little bit too much, physics jokes included. But kudos for sticking to that many episodes. Barney's Mind is a little better since it does have try to be Barney a lot more. I think both minds are a little meek on the comedy, sometimes pushing the Freeman's Mind angle a little too hard. But they're good entertainment nonetheless. I watched them both while waiting at airports.

Chell's mind is different, first and foremost because Chell has no depth of character, period. That means that literally *any* take would have been plausible. CyhAnide's choice to make her just as mentally unstable as GLADOS was a good one. The only reason why I like it a little bit less than Freeman's Mind is the pacing of the dialogue. It almost turns to stream of conciousness narration at times and gets a little difficult to pay attention to. Yet it's also that same pacing that makes it sounds so lovingly deranged.

It can't really be compared to any of the Black Mesa Minds, so I vote it a close second to the original Freeman's Mind.

Oh, that's not cool.

When did Jack Noir say that?

I don't remember that happening in the comic...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I began enjoying Shephard's mind when he stopped trying to be Ross. Haven't begun watching any of the others yet.

I began enjoying Shephard's mind when he stopped trying to be Ross. Haven't begun watching any of the others yet.

You know, I really should have mentioned in my first post it does get better after he figures out his routine. If only it could stand a little more on its own.

You know, I really should have mentioned in my first post it does get better after he figures out his routine. If only it could stand a little more on its own.

yea, but it's fine how it is. The problem he has is that he didn't really give Shephard a character as Ross gave Gordon, which means most of the jokes and things in the first few episodes weren't entirely 'Shephard', but as the series goes on the personality grows organically and you begin to get a sense of who he is (even though now and then he goes back to Gordon).

Let's see now. In addition to Freeman's Mind listened to Barney's, Shepard's and Chell's mind. I think I liked Shepard's mind the least because it seemed most out of character. It tries to be Freeman's mind a little bit too much, physics jokes included. But kudos for sticking to that many episodes. Barney's Mind is a little better since it does have try to be Barney a lot more. I think both minds are a little meek on the comedy, sometimes pushing the Freeman's Mind angle a little too hard. But they're good entertainment nonetheless. I watched them both while waiting at airports.

Chell's mind is different, first and foremost because Chell has no depth of character, period. That means that literally *any* take would have been plausible. CyhAnide's choice to make her just as mentally unstable as GLADOS was a good one. The only reason why I like it a little bit less than Freeman's Mind is the pacing of the dialogue. It almost turns to stream of conciousness narration at times and gets a little difficult to pay attention to. Yet it's also that same pacing that makes it sounds so lovingly deranged.

It can't really be compared to any of the Black Mesa Minds, so I vote it a close second to the original Freeman's Mind.

Out of character? Shephard HAD no character before Shephard's Mind, besides those few journal entries that Valve released when building up to the release of Opposing Force. Personally his seems pretty IN-character if you ask me. I also do not remember any physics jokes so I don't know what you're talking about. It seems too hard anyway, and unnecessary if you're playing as a soldier. Ross Scott took the hard route. X3

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Out of character? Shephard HAD no character before Shephard's Mind, besides those few journal entries that Valve released when building up to the release of Opposing Force.

Of course he does. Well, then by the inclusion of journal entries Shepard should already have more character than Freeman. ;)

The point is that as long as there is something or someone that reacts to your presence, even without dialogue there will be some sense of character instilled to the player. The extreme would be Chell, since she has almost nothing of the sort reflecting on her actions aside from GLADOS. And even GLADOS doesn't really start to pay attention to her until she starts trying to escape (and react situationally rather than informatively). It's also why I like Chells Mind so much more than the others. The woman who made it did the most with the least available material.

When did Jack Noir say that?

I don't remember that happening in the comic...

A guy named Jack Noir made a post a page back criticizing my voice acting.

When Shephard got high or something, I felt that was probably taking it too much into Freeman's Mind territory. But other than that I think the series has picked up a bit.

Well techniquely it really wasn't going into that much of Freeman's territory because he really didn't know that he was going to get high. I might be wrong, but I think that it's a pretty series as it picks up. I can't wait for the last episode.

....I don't really comment that much cause I kinda too afraid to speak my own opinion. I'm afraid it'll cause something :oops:

When Shephard got high or something, I felt that was probably taking it too much into Freeman's Mind territory. But other than that I think the series has picked up a bit.

Well techniquely it really wasn't going into that much of Freeman's territory because he really didn't know that he was going to get high. I might be wrong, but I think that it's a pretty series as it picks up. I can't wait for the last episode.

....I don't really comment that much cause I kinda too afraid to speak my own opinion. I'm afraid it'll cause something :oops:

Your opinion is respected here so don't be afraid to express it. ;)

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

It's safe here. If this were the Black mesa forums you would get shredded to pieces for anything you said, it's like no man's land there. :/

Though to be fair, if forums were real-life events that took place with people talking to each other face to face, I'd probably stand in the corner as well. Hitting the booze...hard.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."