Battle of the Minds

Felix's Mind I loved when I first saw it... and now it's just mediocre for me. Well, when I look at it now, sometimes it is very creative, but a lot of comments and jokes just throw it into the dumpster. I mean... quotes from videogame and i Mind series? Nothing against the taste of others, and that justs kills it for me.

It turned into a cheesy fan fiction fast and Corky takes it WAY too seriously.

Oh, and don't forget his love of shit-tacular memes.

Oh wow. Did I hurt you personally or something?

Seems like there's a lot of hate, hate and more hate around here. What a wonderful mentality. Personally, I think constructive criticism is great, but the overly-aggressive slander seems like a bit much.

But who am I to try to convince you? In your words, I'm just a big tosser. You're completely free to continue insulting my work and me as a person, because it's not like I can stop you or anything. Besides, it's actually a little refreshing to get some negative feedback. I don't really hear much about what people think of my series outside of YouTube comments, and I don't know if you've noticed, but there isn't a whole lot of negative comments on my Episode 1 video. It's kind of good to hear some negativity, that way I can adjust my writing/acting/presentation accordingly.

Also, I do plan on taking my cheesy little fan-fiction MUCH more seriously (But I will definitely try to cut back on the references, though! )

I haven't watched your films but if you like what you are doing and enjoying it, I don't think you should let negative feedback stop you. As you said, you can use it to improve your work.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I haven't watched your films but if you like what you are doing and enjoying it, I don't think you should let negative feedback stop you. As you said, you can use it to improve your work.

Oh, of course! I want nothing more than to improve what I do, particularly my writing, acting, and video editing skills. They are all really fun things to do. The negative feedback doesn't really get to me, because the amount of positive feedback I get heavily outweighs it. I can say I'm very satisfied with the reception my work has gotten. If a few people don't like it, it's no big deal. This kind of thing isn't for everyone, and I am by NO means up to professional level quality!

Woah, now there are 3 mind creators posting on here... Getting crazy in here.

Heh, it's not much, really. In the grand scope of things, we're just a few nobodies who make videos for the internet. Nothing special.

Felix's Mind I loved when I first saw it... and now it's just mediocre for me. Well, when I look at it now, sometimes it is very creative, but a lot of comments and jokes just throw it into the dumpster. I mean... quotes from videogame and i Mind series? Nothing against the taste of others, and that justs kills it for me.

It turned into a cheesy fan fiction fast and Corky takes it WAY too seriously.

Oh, and don't forget his love of shit-tacular memes.

Oh wow. Did I hurt you personally or something?

Seems like there's a lot of hate, hate and more hate around here. What a wonderful mentality. Personally, I think constructive criticism is great, but the overly-aggressive slander seems like a bit much.

But who am I to try to convince you? In your words, I'm just a big tosser. You're completely free to continue insulting my work and me as a person, because it's not like I can stop you or anything. Besides, it's actually a little refreshing to get some negative feedback. I don't really hear much about what people think of my series outside of YouTube comments, and I don't know if you've noticed, but there isn't a whole lot of negative comments on my Episode 1 video. It's kind of good to hear some negativity, that way I can adjust my writing/acting/presentation accordingly.

Also, I do plan on taking my cheesy little fan-fiction MUCH more seriously (But I will definitely try to cut back on the references, though! )

Ah Corky, so we get to speak with the man himself. I guess I can appreciate the cheesy fan fiction, Oh and for my other post, your series is really funny, but you rely a lot on Memes (especially in the Tactical Extraction episode.) I'm interested in what season 2 will bring (As yes, I will watch.) And I'm glad you joined the forums to respond accordingly, I'm actually glad you didn't just avoid me at all. And I appreciate how well you take criticism, it's clear you have something creative going on with Felix's Mind, but I recommend you keep out of Episode 2 and try something different with a new season, because I'm amazed at how much people will bitch about a mind series being in Episode 1. I respect your series and appreciate how you don't give two shits about what anyone says.

Nice to meet you Corky.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Oh, of course! I want nothing more than to improve what I do, particularly my writing, acting, and video editing skills. They are all really fun things to do. The negative feedback doesn't really get to me, because the amount of positive feedback I get heavily outweighs it. I can say I'm very satisfied with the reception my work has gotten. If a few people don't like it, it's no big deal. This kind of thing isn't for everyone, and I am by NO means up to professional level quality!

Oh, and I formally apologize for being harsh, try not to take my harsher words too seriously.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Ah Corky, so we get to speak with the man himself. I guess I can appreciate the cheesy fan fiction, Oh and for my other post, your series is really funny, but you rely a lot on Memes (especially in the Tactical Extraction episode.) I'm interested in what season 2 will bring (As yes, I will watch.) And I'm glad you joined the forums to respond accordingly, I'm actually glad you didn't just avoid me at all. And I appreciate how well you take criticism, it's clear you have something creative going on with Felix's Mind, but I recommend you keep out of Episode 2 and try something different with a new season, because I'm amazed at how much people will bitch about a mind series being in Episode 1. I respect your series and appreciate how you don't give two shits about what anyone says.

Nice to meet you Corky.

Oh, and I formally apologize for being harsh, try not to take my harsher words too seriously.

Funny how your tune changes when you're actually confronted by me, and it is no longer behind my back. No matter, I've responded as I saw fit, and can put it behind me. "The man himself" may be a little inaccurate as I will not be considered a "man" in the eyes of the Canadian government for another year and two months.

But every one of your complaints about my episodes are valid, and I agree with them completely. If there's one word I can use to describe Season 1, it would probably "Rushed". Almost every one of my episodes were hastily put together in my eagerness to upload them to YouTube, and because of that, quality suffered GREATLY. Writing was sub-par, voice acting was cut too closely, and character development was shot. And that's not even getting into my computer problems affecting the actual game/video quality! Episode 20 is a perfect example of how I cut too many corners. Yes, the material was SUPER weak and there were WAY too many game references to compensate. That was a very stupid move on my part, as I was in a rush to get Episode 21 completed in time for 1-year anniversary in which I started.

That's why when I go back to retcon episodes one through ten, I'm going to be very sure to take my time and be certain the writing and acting reflect the best of my abilities. As for Season 2, you can bet your ass it's gonna be VERY different (which may or may not be a good thing depending on how much you love/hate my fiction).

Anyways, it was very nice to hear the apology. It's about one of the nicest things anyone on the internet has ever said to me.

Nice to meet you Corky.

Funny how your tune changes when you're actually confronted by me, and it is no longer behind my back. No matter, I've responded as I saw fit, and can put it behind me. "The man himself" may be a little inaccurate as I will not be considered a "man" in the eyes of the Canadian government for another year and two months.

But every one of your complaints about my episodes are valid, and I agree with them completely. If there's one word I can use to describe Season 1, it would probably "Rushed". Almost every one of my episodes were hastily put together in my eagerness to upload them to YouTube, and because of that, quality suffered GREATLY. Writing was sub-par, voice acting was cut too closely, and character development was shot. And that's not even getting into my computer problems affecting the actual game/video quality! Episode 20 is a perfect example of how I cut too many corners. Yes, the material was SUPER weak and there were WAY too many game references to compensate. That was a very stupid move on my part, as I was in a rush to get Episode 21 completed in time for 1-year anniversary in which I started.

That's why when I go back to retcon episodes one through ten, I'm going to be very sure to take my time and be certain the writing and acting reflect the best of my abilities. As for Season 2, you can bet your ass it's gonna be VERY different (which may or may not be a good thing depending on how much you love/hate my fiction).

Anyways, it was very nice to hear the apology. It's about one of the nicest things anyone on the internet has ever said to me.

Eh, I kinda owed you one, being a huge dick and all. You've got a much lighter and friendlier tone, if you had come in all like "LOL YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE WHAT A FUCKING PRICK." I would've kept my same prick tone, but since you came off very, well, NICE, I kinda rubbed my head and watched my words.

It isn't really your acting that is making it seem cheesy, you're a good actor and in a mind series it's important to be able to yell FUCK as loud as you can, it's mainly the inappropriate motifs, like the Modern Warfare music taking place during the strider battle. and the season 2 trailer seems a bit too serious for the usual lighthearted tone of a mind series. Although I am looking forward on how you go about continuing this series.

Also, I can't remember what episode, but where it was flashback to the City 17 square and Black Mesa East, but I felt things like that gave the series a lot more depth than just "LOL HIS NAME IS FELIX AND SHE KEEPS CALLING HIM GORDON."

So while the overly-serious fan fiction doesn't seem very interesting to me, the lighthearted fan fiction with serious undertones is more appealing. I'm reminded of Arby 'N' The Chief, you remember those awful sequences with Claire and Arbiter? That was because they were trying to make comedy characters take themselves way too seriously. Try not to be too serious, I'm not saying Felix's Mind is terrible, because it most certainly isn't (But like I said, the memes are stupid.)

I'm glad you responded actually, much appreciated.

I like FM and SM almost equally, I have to admit.

Barney's Mind started meh, but then I noticed the remake eps were out so I ended up starting over with those instead, and it turned out pretty good.

Chell's Mind. Mm. Good enough for me to instantly watch if a new ep comes out.

Haven't seen much else, actually. Maybe I'll watch Felix's Mind soon.

Eh, I kinda owed you one, being a huge dick and all. You've got a much lighter and friendlier tone, if you had come in all like "LOL YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE WHAT A FUCKING PRICK." I would've kept my same prick tone, but since you came off very, well, NICE, I kinda rubbed my head and watched my words.

It isn't really your acting that is making it seem cheesy, you're a good actor and in a mind series it's important to be able to yell FUCK as loud as you can, it's mainly the inappropriate motifs, like the Modern Warfare music taking place during the strider battle. and the season 2 trailer seems a bit too serious for the usual lighthearted tone of a mind series. Although I am looking forward on how you go about continuing this series.

Also, I can't remember what episode, but where it was flashback to the City 17 square and Black Mesa East, but I felt things like that gave the series a lot more depth than just "LOL HIS NAME IS FELIX AND SHE KEEPS CALLING HIM GORDON."

So while the overly-serious fan fiction doesn't seem very interesting to me, the lighthearted fan fiction with serious undertones is more appealing. I'm reminded of Arby 'N' The Chief, you remember those awful sequences with Claire and Arbiter? That was because they were trying to make comedy characters take themselves way too seriously. Try not to be too serious, I'm not saying Felix's Mind is terrible, because it most certainly isn't (But like I said, the memes are stupid.)

I'm glad you responded actually, much appreciated.

I actually was about to give my standard asshole retort that I usually give to people who piss me off, but at the last second I decided to discard that and try a different approach. Frankly, I'm glad I did.

Hmm... I think I can see your point about the Modern Warfare 2 music seeming out of place, but I didn't use that music just to make a giant reference in the background, I used it because I thought it genuinely fit the atmosphere and tension (Roach running for his life across the favela roofs/Felix running through the train depot). It makes me feel a little nervous about using another fitting piece of music from Modern Warfare 2 for the helicopter chase in Episode Two that I have planned... With that being said, I was actually hoping to use music as a regular device a little more in the series, dependant on the scene to amplify the dramatic feel a little more.

You say the teaser makes the series seem too serious, but that's a actually kind of what I would like to lean toward. I know a Mind Series is supposed to be mainly the "comedy" genre, but I definitely want Season 2 to feel more Actiony/cinematic/dramatic through various writing and filming techniques in order to develop the character and fiction more. That's not to say I want to abandon the comedy element altogether, god no! I'd still like to be able to fit in quality jokes where they will instead of trying to force them for 7-12 minutes straight per episode. In way, I'd really like to try and take a new angle that no other Mind Series has really tried yet, and the train crash at the beginning of Episode Two and the main character getting his memory back gives me the perfect opportunity to bend and shape the tone of the series.

I think a serious Mind Series with humorous undertones, or a humorous Mind Series with serious undertones doesn't quite nail what I'm trying to go for. It's CLOSE, but I think I'm going for something that's a little more half-and-half. Of course, at this point most of my ideas for Season 2 are still just concepts, and I might play around with them more when I get to them. I can't really follow your example with Arby 'n' the Chief because I stopped watching that series when Jon stopped producing them, but I think I have a good idea of what you mean by those "Arby and Claire" scenes.

An example I'd like to give would probably be Red vs. Blue. Remember how that started out? Pretty much just jokes left right and centre, and it was great! Now it's evolved into a really deep storyline with those serious elements, but it's still a hilarious show. Perhaps that's a better example of what I'm trying to accomplish in terms of series tone.

The new angle thing, well, you're off to a good start. Making a brand new character for starters, you also have given Felix his own personality.

I've really covered every point and you responded maturely and frankly as such, so now I'm very excited for Season 2.

Also, don't let one guy on a forum keep you from using that music, especially if it's "The Enemy of my Enemy." I didn't really enjoy MW2, but that song was outstanding for its respective level.

I'm actually really glad you responded to my posts instead of just turning a blind eye and taking the Chris Bores method of "YOU DON'T EXIST LALALALA"

Once again, sorry for being an absolute prick, very unjust of me.

The new angle thing, well, you're off to a good start. Making a brand new character for starters, you also have given Felix his own personality.

I've really covered every point and you responded maturely and frankly as such, so now I'm very excited for Season 2.

Also, don't let one guy on a forum keep you from using that music, especially if it's "The Enemy of my Enemy." I didn't really enjoy MW2, but that song was outstanding for its respective level.

I'm actually really glad you responded to my posts instead of just turning a blind eye and taking the Chris Bores method of "YOU DON'T EXIST LALALALA"

Once again, sorry for being an absolute prick, very unjust of me.

Actually, thank YOU. Constantly reading positive comments, it's really easy to let it get to my head. It's good to have someone bring me back down to Earth, as strange as it might seem.

Sometimes I may think it's best to never mind the inane slander of those who can't be reasoned with, but I'll never pretend that negative feedback for my series doesn't exist. That's just ignorant. As I discovered here, taking a non-hostile approach to confrontation is a good way to find out who is mature enough to be reasoned with, and who isn't. God knows that maturity on the internet is damn near impossible to come by.