Battle of the Minds

I'm acually plannng on making a mind sieries, and I'm shooting for AT LEAST Declan's mind quality. Does anyone have tips or pointers that can help me?

Don't do the cynical guy role, it's way overused.

Use fraps to record.

Use a proper microphone.

Practice your lines.

That's all I can think of ATM

There lots of them wanted to see if anyone else watches the others like parkers mind shepherds mind and barneys mind

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

Parker's Mind I could never really get into. Maybe his accent distracted me too much I don't know.

Even though Simon is a good friend of mine, I also had a bit of trouble staying with it. I watched the entire season, but there weren't too many moments that stuck with me, tell you the truth.

I think Simon is a good actor, maybe it's the game itself. While watching it, I would always note how... Unremarkable the game itself looked.

I guess that's where I differ from the rest of you, I absolutely loved Parker's Mind, it's my favorite (with Felix's Mind and Freeman's mind in 2nd place) His accent and inflection are hilarious and the way he did his series was brilliant. But I'm not going to argue with your opinions.

Yeah, well I mean he's not a bad actor by any means, I just couldn't get into his show. There must've been something I didn't like I just couldn't really point it out, it just didn't feel 'right' to me. Not that that should stop anyone else from watching it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Shephard's Mind is my second favorite (After Freeman's Mind, shocking I know). The reason Shephard's Mind stands out to me is because Shephard is an original individual. He actually has his own personality, and never felt like he was just a Freeman clone. As a big plus, I feel like I can relate to him as a character. To explain, he seems like he's an average everyday guy, as opposed to Freeman, who's an eccentric, alcoholic, drug-abusing physicist. Don't get me wrong, Freeman is hilarious, but he lacks the familiarity of Shepard's Mind. SM takes many of the thoughts that I had while playing the game, and presents them in a way that I can appreciate and laugh at. FM does more or less the same thing of course, but Gordon's unique personality is its own type of funny. I can appreciate both for their slightly different comedic value.

Shepard's Mind is great, but Freeman's Mind edges ahead because it is consistently funny. When watching SM, you can expect a lot of time being amused, but not much that actually gets you to burst out laughing. With FM, you can almost always expect a few good laughs during each episode. And Freeman's Mind has a huge advantage in the voice acting. Ross' voice is, undoubtedly, perfect for the role. It's charismatic in a way that absolutely keeps you listening. It's just different enough from the norm to hold your interest, and so that even during dull moments it will have your attention. That's part of the reason why I wasn't ever able to get into the other ones. I gave Felix's Mind a try, but it just wasn't able to hold my interest because the voice was uninteresting. Shephard's Mind succeeded because I was always waiting for that moment that would be absolutely hilarious, so I kept listening in anticipation for it.

Chell's Mind is a solid third. It doesn't manage to hold my interest like the other two, but I think it's pretty funny regardless. I appreciate some of the running gags (Like the creepy voice, naming the portal gun, ect.) and, like SM, I found myself waiting eagerly for that golden moment that would really make me laugh.

Barney's Mind, I was never able to get into. I watched the first few episodes (I tried on two separate occasions to watch the series) but I never really liked it. Barney just isn't as funny as Shephard or Freeman, and it seems to me that a lot of the humor involved is really just him bitching (He declares that he hates his job 4-5 times in Episode 1, for example). I'm not going to say that it sucks, just that I personally didn't think it was funny.

Felix's Mind, I didn't really like either. Felix's voice isn't anywhere near as compelling as Ross', and as a result I had little interest from the start. Also, the fact that it started at HL2: Episode One, really irked me. Why Episode One? Why not just start at HL2? No one has tried that successfully yet. When I watch Felix's Mind, it's like I'm watching the sequel to a great movie without watching the original first. No matter how great it is, I just can't really get into it because I feel like I don't know the main character like I should. That might be a little unfair, but again, why Episode One? I'd rather he started at HL2, so we would have plenty of time to get familiar with Felix.

Freeman's Mind is, and always will be, my favorite. Gordon's voice and his unique personality will always raise him above the rest. Shephard's Mind is a solid second because Shephard is an original character that is done by an able voice actor who is consistently funny. Chell's Mind is worth watching, but the creator won't find herself on my subscription list. Barney's Mind, I never even watched fully because I didn't think it was funny and because it always seemed like I was watching a rip-off, as opposed to SM where it felt more like a homage. There are some great mind series' out there, but the original and a few others are the only ones that really stand out to me.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Shephard's Mind is my second favorite (After Freeman's Mind, shocking I know). The reason Shephard's Mind stands out to me is because Shephard is an original individual. He actually has his own personality, and never felt like he was just a Freeman clone. As a big plus, I feel like I can relate to him as a character. To explain, he seems like he's an average everyday guy, as opposed to Freeman, who's an eccentric, alcoholic, drug-abusing physicist. Don't get me wrong, Freeman is hilarious, but he lacks the familiarity of Shepard's Mind. SM takes many of the thoughts that I had while playing the game, and presents them in a way that I can appreciate and laugh at. FM does more or less the same thing of course, but Gordon's unique personality is its own type of funny. I can appreciate both for their slightly different comedic value.

Shepard's Mind is great, but Freeman's Mind edges ahead because it is consistently funny. When watching SM, you can expect a lot of time being amused, but not much that actually gets you to burst out laughing. With FM, you can almost always expect a few good laughs during each episode. And Freeman's Mind has a huge advantage in the voice acting. Ross' voice is, undoubtedly, perfect for the role. It's charismatic in a way that absolutely keeps you listening. It's just different enough from the norm to hold your interest, and so that even during dull moments it will have your attention. That's part of the reason why I wasn't ever able to get into the other ones. I gave Felix's Mind a try, but it just wasn't able to hold my interest because the voice was uninteresting. Shephard's Mind succeeded because I was always waiting for that moment that would be absolutely hilarious, so I kept listening in anticipation for it.

Chell's Mind is a solid third. It doesn't manage to hold my interest like the other two, but I think it's pretty funny regardless. I appreciate some of the running gags (Like the creepy voice, naming the portal gun, ect.) and, like SM, I found myself waiting eagerly for that golden moment that would really make me laugh.

Barney's Mind, I was never able to get into. I watched the first few episodes (I tried on two separate occasions to watch the series) but I never really liked it. Barney just isn't as funny as Shephard or Freeman, and it seems to me that a lot of the humor involved is really just him bitching (He declares that he hates his job 4-5 times in Episode 1, for example). I'm not going to say that it sucks, just that I personally didn't think it was funny.

Felix's Mind, I didn't really like either. Felix's voice isn't anywhere near as compelling as Ross', and as a result I had little interest from the start. Also, the fact that it started at HL2: Episode One, really irked me. Why Episode One? Why not just start at HL2? No one has tried that successfully yet. When I watch Felix's Mind, it's like I'm watching the sequel to a great movie without watching the original first. No matter how great it is, I just can't really get into it because I feel like I don't know the main character like I should. That might be a little unfair, but again, why Episode One? I'd rather he started at HL2, so we would have plenty of time to get familiar with Felix.

Freeman's Mind is, and always will be, my favorite. Gordon's voice and his unique personality will always raise him above the rest. Shephard's Mind is a solid second because Shephard is an original character that is done by an able voice actor who is consistently funny. Chell's Mind is worth watching, but the creator won't find herself on my subscription list. Barney's Mind, I never even watched fully because I didn't think it was funny and because it always seemed like I was watching a rip-off, as opposed to SM where it felt more like a homage. There are some great mind series' out there, but the original and a few others are the only ones that really stand out to me.

I die a little inside when it's the ones who can type properly and put some actual THOUGHT into their posts that hate my series, yet it's the illiterate kids who shower me with praise.

I would give ANYTHING to have that switched around, even though I'm sure it's already part-way there.

Oh Corky, You really dislike your fans.

Just the annoying, obnoxious ones.

Ah, so you're normal then...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh Corky, You really dislike your fans.

Just the annoying, obnoxious ones.

Ah, so you're normal then...

Well, I make sure my posts are properly spellchecked and have some actual substance to them, so... Sure, I guess...

i haven't watched your series yet cork, ill tell you what i think afterwords. besides i like getting inspiration for my mind series.

edit: watched two episodes so far, too early to give a really good synopsis but so far i like it.

unrelated can i call you Trudeau-Brown?

i haven't watched your series yet cork, ill tell you what i think afterwords. besides i like getting inspiration for my mind series.

edit: watched two episodes so far, too early to give a really good synopsis but so far i like it.

unrelated can i call you Trudeau-Brown?

I'm certain that I won't be the only one to tell you that the series, ESPECIALLY the first few episodes, are nothing to write home about. The writing was weak, the voice acting was sub-par, and the character development never made it to where I wanted. I'm hoping that my second try will yield results I can actually take pride in. The main reason I do what I do, is because of my desire to get into acting, and because I wanted to create a fiction that I could shape into anything I wanted to channel any sort of creative outlet. Obviously I'm young and inexperienced, so my work is pretty rough-around-the-edges and unrefined.

You can call me whatever you please. There's nothing I can do to stop you.

alright man im looking forward to it, and good luck down the road with that voice acting thing. me, im still working on my mind series despite getting a few negative comments, im hoping ill get better by at least episode 5, but idk. I probably made a bad move doing the same game as Ross and you know how passionate his fans are...