• Babylon 5
    • Stargate
    • Farscape
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Starship Troopers
    • Dr. Who
    • Star Wars (episodes 1, 2, & 3)

Giving my opinion.

Does that mean you like both without a preference, or none of them?

None of them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the topic title could probably do with a change to reflect the new poll options.

Edited. And made it be a maximum of 3 votes. (choose your top 3) I'm going to add a couple other movie series' as well later on, after I decide there is or was a following big enough to warrant it.

I'm not putting a "none of the above" option in the poll... Unless you want it at the top where it mean zilch...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So... uhm... why is Firefly on 3rd?

Statistical anomaly. Firefly was a very good show and the movie was awesome.

Mal:"Remember, if anything happens to me or you don't hear from me within the hour, you take this ship, you come and you rescue me."

Zoe:"What? Risk my ship?"

Mal:"I mean it!"

Priceless.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

1.Firefly

2.Firefly

3.Firefly

So... uhm... why is Firefly on 3rd?

Oh yeah, That's cheating! again...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I've never seen Babylon 5 before, is it any good? Also the topic title could probably do with a change to reflect the new poll options.

Let's put it this way. I had refused to watch the show, because a friend LIED to me and told me it was a rip-off of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Another friend made me watch a single episode, and I was hooked after wards (It was "Mind War," and it was G'Kar's brilliant speech concerning ants, that did it.)

A couple years later, I was dating a girl, a very staunch trekkie. She reluctantly agreed to watch a VHS-taped hour of B5 with me. SIX hours later she said "This isn't like Star Trek. It's..." and she furtively looked around as if committing treason, "...it's BETTER."

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I've never seen Babylon 5 before, is it any good? Also the topic title could probably do with a change to reflect the new poll options.

Let's put it this way. I had refused to watch the show, because a friend LIED to me and told me it was a rip-off of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Another friend made me watch a single episode, and I was hooked after wards (It was "Mind War," and it was G'Kar's brilliant speech concerning ants, that did it.)

A couple years later, I was dating a girl, a very staunch trekkie. She reluctantly agreed to watch a VHS-taped hour of B5 with me. SIX hours later she said "This isn't like Star Trek. It's..." and she furtively looked around as if committing treason, "...it's BETTER."

I would agree with her on that. It's definitely not anything like Star Trek.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm a Star Trek fan myself, I love The Next Generation and TOS. Hopefully after the next Star Trek movie (coming 2012 I believe.) we'll have another series on TV.

As for the other choices. Most of them I haven't really watched actively except Star Wars and Stargate.

I just haven't really connected well with Stargate, and I'm pretty satisfied with the movies of Star Wars, but I kinda want it just to end (no more TV shows or Movies)

I will give Star Wars this, their games are much better then Star Trek games. (atleast of ones I've played)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I liked the Star Trek Elite Force games quite a bit, Elite Force 2 even got a second runthrough. But all the timed sequences really got on my nerves.

By the way, did any one here besides me like the Enterprise TV series? I particularly liked seasons two and three, the Borg episode in particular (season two) was very memorable for me.

Yeah, it was good. Liked the fact that they didn't have all the super advanced technology just yet and had to do a lot of things the old fashioned way.

And they cancelled it just when it was getting interesting, with the birth of the Federation.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Yeah. I wonder why people in general didn't like the series, I thought the episodes were well constructed and well acted.

I thought it was an alright, I'm goin back and watchin some of the episodes. I think the series was canceled too early, but they way they went out left no possible way for a revival of the show. I think they should've put alittle more excitement into first episodes, and saved the more calm episodes for later. I don't mind calmness, but I can see how that'd be a turn off when its in the first few episodes.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Yeah. I wonder why people in general didn't like the series, I thought the episodes were well constructed and well acted.

Because it didn't fit with the established Star Trek timeline, and when the fans of the classic shows offered an olive branch by saying it took place in a parallel universe, thy were told it wasn't an alternate. It pissed of the real fans into boycotting the show for it's entire air time, which caused it to be canceled. (if the fans don't watch, who will?)

The new movie however is awesome, and is a perfect way to resurrect the Star Trek franchise. (alternate timeline, no planet Vulcan)

Ok, I'm adding The Twilight Zone, and Starship Troopers to the poll...

Ok, I'm adding The Twilight Zone, and Starship Troopers to the poll...

But not 2001? I mean, I did request it.

But not 2001? I mean, I did request it.

2001 doesn't have a large enough following... Look for a fan site, if you can find one that has more than 100 members, then I'll add it to the poll. (that's my criteria)