Random thread

Reading on Hurricane Matthew reminded me of a Minecraft story (it's a short one, so don't go grab popcorn, expecting a 10 page Epic). So, back in 2012, me and a few friends were playing Minecraft in a Hunger Games server. It even had voice chat, which was cool. (Kinda sad that we took what's supposed to be a dramatic, horrific, fictional event and went "You know what would be cool? If we turned that into a custom game mode.") We were still relatively new to the Hunger Games Minecraft edition, so one of us getting to the finals was a big deal, and winning was an even bigger deal. Anywho, the admin/host of the server happened to be on one of the days. At first, everything was normal, and I didn't even know he was admin. He did inform us it was raining, hard where he was, and that there was a chance the power could go out. Now he was talking to someone else about hurricane sandy. Now at first I thought they were just talking about it nonchalantly. All of a sudden the host was telling us that the server was shutting down because it was getting too dangerous with Hurricane Sandy. It was interesting hearing the tone of voice shift from "oh it's raining, hard" to "Oh shit!"

"It's alright... It's alright... It's al-HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS AS BIG AS JUPITER GET IN THE CAR!"

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

So tell me James, how much blood did I spill today?

Not enough...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Gorka_zpstgdwyahj.png

Gorka Mohamed, Maria Spirulina del Instagram (2016)

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I like how in programming I can convert a variable into a line of text with .ToString. Including a string. And I can do it forever.

Why write something as useless as "strText.ToString" when you can write "strText.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString.ToString"?

Retired Forum Moderator

Lol Rarity. XD Sounds fun. It's like stacking hats.

Relatedly, I finished my Major Assignment for Computer Science. I made a Battleships game. XD Cause... why not.

pPt3N0U.png

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Xenoverse 2 open beta launches, downloads/installs, launchs, "cannot connect to the server, down for maintenance."

tenor.gif

FF8 is a great game, that is/was ahead of its time, with a few missteps.

"The Secret, if there is one, must be far more profound. People plant bombs on buses because they're looking for God." - John Duncan, The Error

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The Xbox consoles are the "bro" consoles, including their exclusives.

On a unrelated note, last night, all of a sudden, I remembered Shining Time Station. More specifically "puppets in a jukebox".

latest?cb=20130729222542

Leon: I knew it.

Sora: Knew what?

Leon: A while back, everyone suddenly remembered you guys, all at the same time.

Sora: You...remembered? Wait! Does that mean you forgot about us!?

Donald (annoyed): Thanks!

(Took me a while to find this scene, I actually had to find the script to KH2.)

Sara-Barker_Minerva-made-a-dream-to-order-patterns-she-saw-as-signs-600x773.jpg

Sara Barker, Minerva made a dream to order Patterns she saw as signs (2015)

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I do not get why people are so keen on doing (and liking) stunts that are high up. I mean it doesnt add degree of difficulty (unless you are scared of heights in which case i very much doubt you'd be even doing it), at least in most cases (as person really would have to be really high up for weather to be significantly different). All it does is adding degree of stupidity & danger (which i think isnt interesting factor at all when it comes to stunt. But hey, i dont want people to die, so maybe thats why. Or maybe im actually judging stunt itself, i dont really know).

I mean, nobody bats an eye when someone jumps from stone to stone few meters high, but everyone suddenly act like its coolest stuff when its high up. Yeah, one misstep and you are effectively a paste, but again, unless you are very high up, it isnt harder than doing it on the ground. Heck, i'd actually even argue percision jumping is harder on ground as you want to run on on instinct.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Pirates have One Piece as their anime mascot, us ninjas have Naruto as our mascot.

Pirates have One Piece as their anime mascot, us ninjas have Naruto as our mascot.

can we at least assign GOOD anime as mascots?

the name's riley

can we at least assign GOOD anime as mascots?

Just because you find them to be too mainstream, doesn't mean they suck.