FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 33

How did Gordon learn so many languages? I thought his Ph.D was in Physics. Did he quadruple-major in Spanish, Creole, German, and Hindi while he was in college?

It would be understandable if Freeman could speak Spanish since Black Mesa is located somewhere in New Mexico which has a significant hispanic population and speakers.

Why can't i download videos anymore? I have mad a compilation of them up to episode 30 the whole thong on my ipod but i can't download the videos anymore.

How did Gordon learn so many languages? I thought his Ph.D was in Physics. Did he quadruple-major in Spanish, Creole, German, and Hindi while he was in college?

It would be understandable if Freeman could speak Spanish since Black Mesa is located somewhere in New Mexico which has a significant hispanic population and speakers.

To get a doctor's degree in USA, as far as I know, you need to know two other languages. So it's possible Frreman knows at least twice as many languages anyway....

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I think Freeman just a really jerky and lazy genius. In high school he was probably one of those kids who completely understands everything but then writes his essays on why he should be rich and not being in school instead of writing about the actual subject. He spends his time setting things on fire and stealing car parts instead of doing his homework. And then he gets 100% on the SAT's.

Yes! Thank you! You just put my entire impression of Ross' Gordon Freeman into perfect words.

Am I the only one who thinks Gordon should just kill the scientists? I always do; trying to make conversation on the way to the test chamber, only to be snapped at, or bluntly send off.

But after the accident suddenly very needy of his awesome destruction abilities. HMMM...

Also, but this might have been answered before, sorry in that case: why does ross use hl source? Normal HL is way gorier (and funnier for it).

Freeman's Mind is meant to be as realistic as possible while also being funny. Half-Life has no physics engine, meaning no ragdolls, so then enemies can die while stuck through a wall or lying flat in the air with only their feet on the edge of a cliff or on the stairs. Also the Source version has much better water effects.

Freeman's Mind is meant to be as realistic as possible while also being funny. Half-Life has no physics engine, meaning no ragdolls, so then enemies can die while stuck through a wall or lying flat in the air with only their feet on the edge of a cliff or on the stairs. Also the Source version has much better water effects.

Does make sense indeed. Ty!

Am I the only one who thinks Gordon should just kill the scientists? I always do; trying to make conversation on the way to the test chamber, only to be snapped at, or bluntly send off.

But after the accident suddenly very needy of his awesome destruction abilities. HMMM...

You may be the only one. Frankly, that would send Gordon careening over the Moral Event Horizon. He's a jerkass protagonist, yeah, but he's not a total psychopath. He doesn't kill people for fun, not even the soldiers. He's gone out of his way to avoid soldiers before, and has mentioned that killing them is one of those things that he'd put off if he had any other option.

And it would make him unlikable for a lot of people. Or it would for me, at least. At the moment, Gordon just wants to survive. He's more than a bit crazy, and he's not a "hero" in any sense of the word beyond the fact that he's the protagonist, but he's not deliberately going out to kill people, either.

Let's put it this way: The military is actively trying to kill him, but the scientists and security guards are just innocent bystanders. Shooting the soldiers who are already shooting at him, or who are obviously plotting to kill him the second he shows his face, is self-defence. Slaughtering the scientists and security guards who mean him no harm, and who want to help him (regardless of how crappy they are at it), would be flat-out murder.

I get that he's threatened people before, but he's never gone through with it, and he's usually gone through hell right before his freak-outs. I'd be more than a bit pissed off, too, and probably willing to yell at people, threaten them and wave a gun at them -- especially if they were the reason I'd just gone through an extra obstacle course of death. I mean, if I'm getting assaulted by aliens who zap me, shoot me with bile, and try to attach themselves to my face, and suddenly the military shows up and also starts trying to kill me, I wouldn't be at my most rational or patient either.

Gordon just wants to get the hell out of Black Mesa and go home. Or to India. Whichever. He doesn't seem particularly interested in or approving of the wholesale slaughter of unarmed civilians.

I just want him to seek help from the others more (i.e. using E). The only time he's ever done that was in the first episode after the Cascade, but that's it I think.

What about the pirate episode? I'm pretty sure he got a Barney to come with him (only for him to get killed shortly after).

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I just want him to seek help from the others more (i.e. using E). The only time he's ever done that was in the first episode after the Cascade, but that's it I think.

He got A security officer to follow him, and I think that experience told him to never make that mistake again, seeing as how said security officer walked into the firing zone of some sort of large gun emplacement and didn't move at all till he died.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

I think that he did so, because when you enter that area the MG will break the box he was covering behind, so he brought the barney so the mg didn't point to him.

Also, but this might have been answered before, sorry in that case: why does ross use hl source? Normal HL is way gorier (and funnier for it).

It may come to that. I mean in the newest episode, he just now realized they put tracking devices on his suit, which is how everyone is finding him, and the scientist said that everyone is in on it. Freeman then said that he was going to let that scientist live because he told him. As for others...we'll just have to wait and see.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Freeman should be/is growing more and more insane as his adventure goes on, so I am sure we will see him do crazy stuff, even killing scientists.

I see what you are talking about, that sounds like a possibility. Killing scientists and blowing up everything he sees!

i think u don't know that freeman's mind is in half-life source..... i think u didn't see the ragdolls.