FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 34

I did Freeman's-ish Mind because my IRL friends convinced me to, and I decided that, since it was fun and that I like HL2 Episode 2 A LOT, I'd continue it. Some of us try to be more casual about this instead of going all out. I also like acting and was looking for a way to get my foot in the door with machinimating, and this was literally the easiest method, pretty much, I do the series because I find it fun, it's obviously not canon whatsoever, and a lot of people seem to over-analyze something that started off as something I only intended to show my friends.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Awesome, I love that these new FM episodes are coming out so quick! They are coming out faster than crack out of a Compton neighborhood!

I did like Shepard's "Hey, is that a mirror in your pocket? Because- YOU JUST SHOT ME IN THE KNEE!"

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Damn, if these guys ever visit Ukraine, I would love to go to a bar or a club with them.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Damn, if these guys ever visit Ukraine, I would love to go to a bar or a club with them.

If we're ever in Kiev :P (I actually might be visiting Pripyat soon, but I can't get the others to shell out 2,000 dollars to come with me :\)

If you are visiting Ukraine through an international airport, trust me, you will visit Kiev ;).

And Pripyat is about 70 Km from Kiev!

I have to warn you about one thing.... the airport is still from Soviet times so you might find it and the atmosphere bit... small and primitive... There is only one exit lane, so at the exit people surround it like the red carpet....

Also don't be scared of statues of Lenin. lol...

And open communists with red flags.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Hey speaking of "Mind" series, this may be the new mystery episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55tGNW3yZh8

I am convinced that it's not the mystery episode, this is not an episode and watching the progress bar, this wold be done in one take and wouldn't need any sound editing, filming, and all the things on the progress bar.

Hey speaking of "Mind" series, this may be the new mystery episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55tGNW3yZh8

I am convinced that it's not the mystery episode, this is not an episode and watching the progress bar, this wold be done in one take and wouldn't need any sound editing, filming, and all the things on the progress bar.

Yea, my mistake

I did Freeman's-ish Mind because my IRL friends convinced me to, and I decided that, since it was fun and that I like HL2 Episode 2 A LOT, I'd continue it. Some of us try to be more casual about this instead of going all out. I also like acting and was looking for a way to get my foot in the door with machinimating, and this was literally the easiest method, pretty much, I do the series because I find it fun, it's obviously not canon whatsoever, and a lot of people seem to over-analyze something that started off as something I only intended to show my friends.

I'm not saying you should stop your series or anything, you've gotten yourself fans and everything by all means continue it. I'm just saying it's not really my cup of tea or anything. I've tried watching it I just can't really get into it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Okay so...BEST ENDING EVER?! Ross's 'getting beat up' acting was phenominal. I still don't know why he laughed with them at the end but...whatever.

I thought that was hilarious. :lol: He's so out of it from getting kicked in the head that he just laughs because other people are laughing.

Great find Ross. :)

Yeah, that would be because all the mind knockoffs aren't funny.

In your opinion maybe. But Shephard's, Chell's, even Barney's Mind can actually be pretty funny.

To be fair, I stopped watching Shephard and Barney's Mind because Barney's Mind was just him running around saying 'Daaaamn!' at everything, and Shephard's Mind felt like he would run through once and call it 'good enough', with the entire thing feeling like I was watching an idiot play a game while some thirteen year old kid provided commentary. In the case of the latter, it'd have been funnier if the creator actually knew a damn thing about the military - rather ruined the whole 'mind' premise when the mind doesn't fit.

Both of them promise they 'get better' after six, eight episodes, like that's some sort of excuse... there were so awful I never bothered beyond a couple episodes. Maybe they really do get better - or maybe the creators of them should've actually stopped to look at what they made instead of recording one run-through, breathing into their mic and recording some words to go with it, and uploading it straight to YouTube.

Then again, I'm also one of those few people who sees Will Ferrel for the untalented irritating douchebag he is so maybe I should be finding it funny but don't.

Yeah, that would be because all the mind knockoffs aren't funny.

In your opinion maybe. But Shephard's, Chell's, even Barney's Mind can actually be pretty funny.

To be fair, I stopped watching Shephard and Barney's Mind because Barney's Mind was just him running around saying 'Daaaamn!' at everything, and Shephard's Mind felt like he would run through once and call it 'good enough', with the entire thing feeling like I was watching an idiot play a game while some thirteen year old kid provided commentary. In the case of the latter, it'd have been funnier if the creator actually knew a damn thing about the military - rather ruined the whole 'mind' premise when the mind doesn't fit.

Both of them promise they 'get better' after six, eight episodes, like that's some sort of excuse... there were so awful I never bothered beyond a couple episodes. Maybe they really do get better - or maybe the creators of them should've actually stopped to look at what they made instead of recording one run-through, breathing into their mic and recording some words to go with it, and uploading it straight to YouTube.

Then again, I'm also one of those few people who sees Will Ferrel for the untalented irritating douchebag he is so maybe I should be finding it funny but don't.

Like I said, it's your opinion. I can't change it and I'm not going to try to. I personally didn't mind Shephard's Mind through the whole series. Barney's Mind got on my nerves a little through the whole series but the guy who made it is retconning and improving the earlier episodes. (if he would ever get off his ass and stop playing with his kick ass new graphics card >>)

As for Will Ferrel, I like him. He may be a douchebag I wouldn't know but I think he's pretty funny. Like I've told people before though, I must have a pretty high tolerance for crap. Hell I even enjoy the prequel Star Wars films in all their stupidity. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

It was a fine episode, but I'm wondering why Gordon wasn't a bit more surprised about the presence of snipers. Sure, he already knows that the army is trying to kill him, but when the guard got shot by a sniper, wouldn't that take it to a new level that he should be more surprised about, and also more scared? After all, if they had put just a tiny bit more thought into it they could have sniped Gordon as well, so he should at least be expecting to come under fire very soon... I always loved how the series tries to explore how a real person would respond to the unfolding events (as opposed to a speedrunning FPS player), so Gordon's reaction to the revelation of a) aliens, b) teleportation, and c) a violent government cover-up make for great cornerstones of this exploration. Otherwise great stuff, as always!

It wasn't a sniper, though.

It was one of the ninjas.

The sound of the gun when the guard got hit was the same as the ninja weapons.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Maybe it's just me but everytime I hear the word Ninja now, I think of the first Civil Protection episode. XD

Both of them promise they 'get better' after six, eight episodes, like that's some sort of excuse... there were so awful I never bothered beyond a couple episodes.

Even Freeman's Mind itself takes a few episodes to really get into the spirit of the comedy. If it weren't for pieces of sheer comedic gold like the "As I expected" bit in the second episode I might not have bothered beyond the first few, since the first few are fairly boring compared to the rest of the series.

Granted this is because the game itself takes awhile to really get going, but still...

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Both of them promise they 'get better' after six, eight episodes, like that's some sort of excuse... there were so awful I never bothered beyond a couple episodes.

Even Freeman's Mind itself takes a few episodes to really get into the spirit of the comedy. If it weren't for pieces of sheer comedic gold like the "As I expected" bit in the second episode I might not have bothered beyond the first few, since the first few are fairly boring compared to the rest of the series.

Granted this is because the game itself takes awhile to really get going, but still...

I feel exactly the opposite, to me, the first chapters are the best. Things like the 'Techno hell', the scientist writing the formula for gravitation or the G-Man talking about dinosaurs are priceless

So, I've typed up the subtitles for Episode 34 but there's just one part of the episode where I couldn't understand what Freeman was 'saying'.

When he's fighting the "ninjas", right before he kills the last one, he says something like:

"I trace a white dwarf's orbits, you think I can't find you?"

But that doesn't make too much sense to me. I'm thinking it's something scientific but, as I don't know everything about science, I'm not sure what he's saying. What's he saying there?