FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 34

I feel exactly the opposite, to me, the first chapters are the best. Things like the 'Techno hell', the scientist writing the formula for gravitation or the G-Man talking about dinosaurs are priceless

True, they are. But they're all in the second episode. The first--and the third--didn't really have that much humor to them at all. It was only my feeling of "What the hell I'll give this a chance" that I went on to the second episode at all.

And I'm glad I did. I think I'd feel pretty stupid right now if I'd written off Freeman's Mind and only later came back to it and found it as it stands now.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

So, I've typed up the subtitles for Episode 34 but there's just one part of the episode where I couldn't understand what Freeman was 'saying'.

When he's fighting the "ninjas", right before he kills the last one, he says something like:

"I trace a white dwarf's orbits, you think I can't find you?"

But that doesn't make too much sense to me. I'm thinking it's something scientific but, as I don't know everything about science, I'm not sure what he's saying. What's he saying there?

I think he says "I chase white dwarf's orbits, you think I can't find you?"

I suppose that he means the stars :/

Wow. I watched it a bunch of times and I didn't even notice that line.

Edit: I think he says "I chase electron orbits"? It does make a bit more sense than the astronomy thing.

Wow. I watched it a bunch of times and I didn't even notice that line.

Edit: I think he says "I chase electron orbits"? It does make a bit more sense than the astronomy thing.

This is indeed what he's saying.

It's a reference to the difficulty caused by the uncertainty principle in quantum mechanics in figuring out the locations of electrons around atoms by using the 3-dimensional Schroedinger equations and extrapolating for higher numbers of electrons. The best you get is basically a narrowing down of where the electrons can be around the atom.

Physics is fun! ^_^

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Hello, this is my first post here.

Just to say that I love the series, and this episode was awesome, even if it couldve been a little longer.

Awesome episode. I can't wait for 35. His reaction to the trash compactor is going to be phenomenal :) I'm wondering what the mystery EP will be... I'm figuring it's something like 10.5 was, but... :?:

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

i enjoyed it.. i was hoping for a more comical ending.. but i guess getting sucker punched by the marines kinda caught freeman off guard.. also.. how did they even know he was gonna be there..

Listen to us Live @ - http://www.spreaker.com/user/thebeatbox

------

DJ Highlander (Me) - The Collaboration Project

DJ Dexrith - The Metal Minute

DJ Fusion - The Broader Perspective Show

------

we take requests:

email us @ - [email protected]

i enjoyed it.. i was hoping for a more comical ending.. but i guess getting sucker punched by the marines kinda caught freeman off guard.. also.. how did they even know he was gonna be there..

Well, Freeman learned just the episode before that his suit has tracking devices.

Yes, I can confirm that this is what he said, because it was suppose to be more audible.

*stares at unsuspecting someone*

I think he says "I chase electron orbits"? It does make a bit more sense than the astronomy thing.

Agreed. I listened to it again and, indeed, that's what he said, and that makes much more sense. THANKS!

You didn't understand him the first time you watched it? Am I the only one who speaks Ross? Maybe I should start doing subtitles... ._.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Awesome episode. I can't wait for 35. His reaction to the trash compactor is going to be phenomenal

Black Mesa administration will not hear the end of it.

Hey, Matt the Master makes joke about Freeman's Mind at start of yesterday's IG Daily episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_rhD2LzM3k

It was funny...

>.>

God, there's so little to talk about right now.

Ha ha haa...that was funny.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Talking about trash compactors...What do you expect? That Freeman will climb up the boxes to safety or will he panic and run frantically, letting the boxes be crushed until the compactor stops? I only played the not-so-pretty graphics Half Life and I remember that even though it still killed you, the walls stopped before closing completely.

Since he uses God-mode and noclip, maybe he'll just clim up the walls, ranting about suffocation or boasting about his "super-strong body that is able to stop crusher walls". Anyway he does it(even if he just climbs the boxes), I'm sure it will be awesome.

I...doubt that. Knowing Ross's Freeman, he's going to panic and try climbing out the instant he sees what's going on. The guy is too genre-savvy to let himself be crushed. (And remember, he's speculated on crusher walls in the past...way back in like the fifth episode or something, the one that featured the all-important-for-funding box smashing room.)

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

I think he will surprise us all. I mean he got hit pretty hard, who knows what will be happening in his head when he wakes up....

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^