1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Dear Princess Luna,

I kindly request that the next letter sent by student Blue, be intercepted and burned. He is making us other ponies look bad with SCIENCE!

-Ranger Cloud Cover

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

So I tried my hand at drawing Celestia.

132016678203.png

That didn't turn out bad actually. although, not sure if it's intentional, but she's got more of a trollestia face going.

Yeah it was more or less supposed to be a troll face of sorts.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

And nobody even reads my post...

So what are your opinions on Rainbow Factory? I know it was written a while ago, but I just read it yesterday. If you haven't read it, you should, and here's the link:

(You'll need a Google account [i.e. YouTube/ Gmail] to access it])

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1td5r9BGGA7l2-rnlFTnVrJN2NdZclcVWUMoCqaSujnM/edit?hl=en_GB&pli=1

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I'll get to that in a bit. I'm awfully backlogged in my anime and my friend just keeps shoving recommendations in my face even though he knows my situation. I think he's trying to distract me from the show after he found out I was a brony. :lol:

Retired Forum Moderator

I don't really like sadfics in MLP. :/ It's not that I don't think they're good, I just don't like feeling sad.

Retired Forum Moderator

Though one thing, and I talked with Fluttershy about it is, the cussing in it. I just find it REALLY discomforting to find cussing in MY LITTLE PONY. I mean...IT'S MY LITTLE PONY. Even the villians are supposd to have boundaries when it comes to that kind of stuff. Discord says 'Oh for goodness sake', which considering he's a villian, sounds a little silly. lol But my point stands. I realize the TV show can't have cussing in it yet fanfics are completely different, it's just spooky to think that it's based off the same universe.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I know that feel bro.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Ruining ponies with science in 3...2...1...

0wzSjhPkLSM

The whole video will ruin Applejack for anypony who still likes her, but a friend I was trying to convert pointed out very something about the scene where Applejack saves Twilight from falling:

I'd really like to know what the coefficient of static friction is on Applejack's hooves--shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Given: a medium-sized pony like Twilight's mass~=300 kg. Acceleration due to gravity~=|9.8 m/s^2|.

We can see that Twilight's force is transferred to Applejack, since Applejack appears to be being pulled down by a force equal to the force acting on Twilight. Thus:

Force of friction on Applejack=The force of gravity on Twilight=|F|=|ma|=|2940 N|

Since the force of friction of Applejack's hooves is equal in magnitude to the force of gravity, we can say that:

|Force of friction|=u(Force of the normal)=|2940 N|

Now we must calculate the force of the normal i.e. the force exerted by Applejack's hooves. This is tricky; a LOT of assumptions are being made:

Twilight exerts a force upward relative to Applejack's hooves while Applejack's hooves exert a force down with the same amount of force:

|Force of the normal|=|2940 N| Ergo,

2040 N=u|2940 N|

u=1

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The coefficient of static friction on Applejack's hooves is one. That might not seem like a lot, but keep in mind that the coefficient of static friction of steel on concrete is about 0.45.

Surely, I made some error in the calculation and I invite everypony to make a better calculation.

Fans + likability= fuck logic. :D

although yea, you have a point. :lol:

i think i saw a demotivational that said something like

MLP

ponies can move clouds!

Fuck logic!

so i roughly got the equation from that. :P

So what are your opinions on Rainbow Factory? I know it was written a while ago, but I just read it yesterday. If you haven't read it, you should, and here's the link:

(You'll need a Google account [i.e. YouTube/ Gmail] to access it])

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1td5r9BGGA7l2-rnlFTnVrJN2NdZclcVWUMoCqaSujnM/edit?hl=en_GB&pli=1

Hah, made me feel a little Scootablue.