174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

All of the ponies have honesty issues. Either to others (Rarity, Applejack) or to themselves (Fluttershy, Twilight).

It's one of the morals which greatly irks me that the show consistently eludes. They covered being patient, tolerant, understanding and told us not to lie (Bird in the Hoof, Swarm of the Century, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Dressed for Success, Green isn't Your Color) but Honesty is something they all seem to struggle with and don't really alleviate.

Due to the limited nature of catering show stories to children and the fact that they need continual drama apart from monster-of-the-week (thus drama coming from communication failure) it's a flaw all the characters will probably have until the last episode or later. Sad really.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I noticed from the beginning of my bronyness that Applejack lies too much. It's freakin' stupid that she's tye element of Honesty. I think Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash needs a second element. Rainbow Dash always tells the truth, and she's awful annoying to others for it, and I don't think I can recall Fluttershy lying to anyone else (though Blue does make a point about her lying to herself)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Rainbow Dash telling the truth and begrudged for it is better described as 'brutally honest'. While better than dishonesty in practice, it is not a very courteous or polite mannerism.

Applejack being dead-set on applebucking by her self could be interpreted as blind-hearted dishonesty of the self, or stubborness. Although the episode chooses the latter, both are symptomatic of pride over rationality.

When the fan base starts tearing apart the small things, you know they aren't releasing episodes fast enough.

V5gvjHGJEe0

Calm yerselves!

Retired Forum Moderator

It's detailing of a nitpick is all.

WELL, of that gloomy note, I found this and had to show you guys!!!

1296951417469.png

I also LOVED THIS :lol:

59656%20-%20Discord%20artist%3AThe_Weaver%20celestia%20comic%20counter_troll%20earth_pony%20fluttershy%20sexy%20sluttershy%20stupid_sexy_Fluttershy.png

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I also LOVED THIS :lol:

59656%20-%20Discord%20artist%3AThe_Weaver%20celestia%20comic%20counter_troll%20earth_pony%20fluttershy%20sexy%20sluttershy%20stupid_sexy_Fluttershy.png

Nice to see the discussion has made a nearly full circle back to smut since I last visited.

WELL, of that gloomy note, I found this and had to show you guys!!!

1296951417469.png

How could we have that without this?

dammit__apple_bloom_by_lollipoppaintbrush-d35tu5z.png

3 cheers for Obsidian's comic.

HIP HIP HUZZAH!

HIP HIP HUZZAH!

HIP HIP HUZZAH!

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

3 cheers for Obsidian's comic.

HIP HIP HUZZAH!

HIP HIP HUZZAH!

HIP HIP HUZZAH!

That was actually Fluttershy's comic. I just quoted it :P

Nice to see the discussion has made a nearly full circle back to smut since I last visited.

If you want we can talk about gore again.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

If you want we can talk about gore again.

So the other day, I found this Spike and Gummy fanfic..................

Oh right, the box has all the special friendship crowns or necklaces or whatever in it.

So what are people thinking of the upcoming episode? Excited, ready to be disappointed? I'm somewhere in the middle. The wiki synopsis doesn't exactly make me think it's going to be worth the two week wait.

I reserve my opinions for after I've seen it.

Also, I stumbled on something interesting while reading the Letter to the Galatians:

Galatians 5:16-26 (NIV translation) 16So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.