Things that you hate to see in games.

Ah... I don't see why someone would bother buying something like that in the first place without a serious mental deficiency.

Other than the RealID stuff, I'd say "go for it Blizzard!". If they can make money off the idiots, maybe it'll reduce the monthly price for the rest of us.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Eh, Hell with it. Blizzard is starting to kill WoW with all of the crap they're adding. Sure Vanilla was fun but bad in general, BC was a little better, and WOTLK was a big mesh of lazy armorwise when it first came out. But all the stuff they started adding a few weeks before Cata kinda killed WoW... And I feel like even though they still have loads of subscribers, they're still getting a little desperate.

In a Violent video game, When boss battles don't look as fudged up as this

regenerator.jpg

Resident evil 4's bosses are incredible. also Res4 had the SEXIEST graphics of it's time

Also, i finally found an iron maiden while browsing photobucket

largeAnimePaperscans_Resident-Ev-44.jpg

Also known as "Username"

Horror games like Dead Space, Dead Space is a testament to what not to do in a horror game.

Flickery lights?

nope.

Blood everywhere?

haha, nope.

OOOH MONSTERS POPPING OUT O' NOWHERE.

nope nope nope.

Without blood everywhere and monsters attacking you the background story wouldn't make any sense. Does every single detail in a horror game have to contribute to the horror element? No, it doesn't. Dead Space doesn't seem to be even trying to be scary or creepy in the first place, to me at least it has more shock value. The creatures are particularly gross, even more so in the sequel.

What I like in scary games are segments where nothing happens for a while. Like the first Delta Labs level in Doom 3 or the Cradle in Thief 3. After a while I get so tense that every little sound creeps the hell out of me, and when something does finally jump at me out of nowhere there is only a 50/50 chance my keyboard survives.

I know a game is scary when I'm too scared to play it, which is the case with Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, every single game Frictional has made, and Doom 3 on the hardest difficulty. I think the greatest credit you can give to a horror game is being to afraid to play it, but playing it to see what the game does next.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I know a game is scary when I'm too scared to play it

I completely agree. That happened to me with Undying.

Also, something I truly hate in games are dialogues and videos that cannot be skipped. Specially if they come before a hard part, where you're likely to die a few times. That annoys the crap out of me.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I really want to play undying, how is it? i've only played a demo and was very impressed but can't seem to find the real deal.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

It's one of the best horror games I've played, if not THE best. Incredibly atmospheric and lovecraftian, scared the hell out of me. You can get it from amazon, 15 USD.

It's one of the best horror games I've played, if not THE best. Incredibly atmospheric and lovecraftian, scared the hell out of me. You can get it from amazon, 15 USD.

Played the demo, now all i want to do is play it.

Got a copy, so I documented my experience with the game.

"Walking down a hall."

"Some ghost goes ABOOGABOOGABOOG"

>Uh-huh.

"See some ghost who looks like Ronald McDonald flying in the air."

>Hmm-hmm

"He flies into a doorway."

>okay I bet-

"In a long hallway."

"see a mirror."

"Ronald McDonald is being all OOGA BOOGA I'M SCARY in the mirror."

"Go into a do-

LOADING LOADING LOADING

"Run into some enemies."

"I'll try out this magic shit."

>Magic just blows them back and does nothing.

"I'll shoot them then."

>Pistol has to be dead on to hit a shot and the little lizards run like demon leopards.

"OH PATRICK HELP ME!"

"Cool paranormal story going on, let down by terrible animations."

"Get a new power."

>Sweet!

>Try it on enemy.

>IT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE LAST ONE.

>Apprantley I have a journal but the game doesn't tell me how to open it so I guess I'll never know what's in it.

>Back to shootan.

"Need to go find Groundskeeper Willie."

"someone dies.

>Quit.

That game sounds great. :D

the game is intriguing, if you're able to handle LOADING EVERY FUCKING 5 SECONDS.

well, I'm intrigued enough with the story to dread on with LOADING LOADING LOADING and Ronald McDonald's Kreepy Klub, so if you like games centered on story (Planescape Torment and Grim Fandango) you should like Undying.

well, I'm intrigued enough with the story to dread on with LOADING LOADING LOADING and Ronald McDonald's Kreepy Klub, so if you like games centered on story (Planescape Torment and Grim Fandango) you should like Undying.

If you can handle the LOADING in half-life. You can handle the LOADING in any other game.

Except maybe half-life 2, if your PC is like mine.

loading takes FOREVER.

Also known as "Username"

Loading takes literally 1 second on Half Life 1. 8-15 seconds for Half Life 2, at least on my computer.

That game sounds great. :D

the game is intriguing, if you're able to handle LOADING EVERY * 5 SECONDS.

It was sarcasm.

But wait, J.C. likes it?

Hell yeah I like it. I always played it in a dark room with headphones on. Extreme tension. :twisted:

And loading screens don't bother me. In that game they actually helped you catch a break from al the running backwards and screaming.

Also, keep in mind this is a 10 year old game. You kids with your nintendogs and interwebs and pentiumses don't understand what it was like to have to wait a few second for every transition. :ugeek:

Now somebody get me my tea and cookies!

Hell yeah I like it. I always played it in a dark room with headphones on. Extreme tension. :twisted:

And loading screens don't bother me. In that game they actually helped you catch a break from al the running backwards and screaming.

Also, keep in mind this is a 10 year old game. You kids with your nintendogs and interwebs and pentiumses don't understand what it was like to have to wait a few second for every transition. :ugeek:

Now somebody get me my tea and cookies!

But i love old games. I play System Shock 2 religiously and it still scares the pants off of me. I play it so much I'm not sure I own pants anymore!

I'm gonna keep playing it and see what happens because this is a really good story.