Things that you hate to see in games.

Yeah, even in Arkham Asylum you can jump fences. :lol:

Actually, in AA Batman can jump up and over things that I didn't even think was humanly possible to reach without the grapple.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Games where you can shrug off up to a whole assault rifle magazine, and then just stand back up. (No, I'm not a complete realism nut, but I mean come on! You're going to be dead on your feet if you can stand up after surviving this much!)

Iron sights that are cluttered. They're there to be used, don't make it a freakin' puzzle where my bullets are going to go!

Games where the guns are imbalanced, where my 9mm pistol is more accurate and powerful than my .308 sniper rifle. (I am a gun nut, I know what's going to happen when if I fire a .308 into someones chest, versus a 9mm round.

Repeated dialogue, or voice lines from the same few characters (OBLIVION, FALLOUT: NV!)

Where jumping is too low, or a tiny girly jump.

Characters that can absorb a thousand bullets, and then having someone run into them kills them.

Complete messes of weapons and combat, where pumping 30 rounds of a gun into them only halves his health.

Where you have C4, or other explosives, but can't use the stuff to blow open doors and the like. Jeez...

More to come, but I'm too lazy to write them.

Games that stop you from exploring their large, interesting architecture. If you stop to look at the amazing level design, or, in the most extreme of cases, stop moving for a second, large, glowing arrows pop up as to say "Did you forget you had to go this way, dumbfuck?" I don't mind when games have an indication of where you need to go, but make it so that it pops up when the player desires. Not when they stop moving.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

Pet peeves, we all have them, here's a chance for everyone to discuss their biggest ones in gaming.

One of my biggest pet peeves in gaming is Artificial Difficulty.

Artificial difficulty for those who don’t know is when a game becomes "harder" through unfair ways basically, a recent example is that in Mario Kart 7 some of the stage obstacles attack only the player in grand prix mode, meaning the CPU characters can drive without any hassle but you get chomped up by piranha plants, I'm not sure if this was because my game glitched or because it was designed like that, I literally stood and watched the CPU's drive past without getting hit, but glitch or not, it pissed me off.

When the character I'm playing can only jump about 10cm in the air and grunts like he's having sex when he does it.

When a game isn't released on PC. Since most games today are developed on computers, I don't see why they shouldn't release a PC version as well.

The developers optimize the engine for the targeted platform, just because it was made on a PC doesn't mean it'll actually work on a retail PC. The hardware used to "create" the game is not related to whether a game will come out on PC or not.

Not to sure about the CoD one. From what I've heard they have been going backwards on the PC version again. I don't know why they just go back to how Cod4 was. It had everything PC gamers have been complaining about. To be fair, from what I've heard Rage didn't have such a good start either.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Progression" systems in multiplayer games that are snooker-loopy insane. Basically, when there are way, way, WAY too many unlocks that unlock too slowly, and keeps you from playing properly until you grind the fun out of the experience and you can actually do shit. Games like Battlefield 3 seem like the best example of this, but I've only played the beta so I may be wrong with this example. In Battlefield 3, you don't get any useful things in jets like missiles or (I think) missile-confusing flares right off the bat. No, you have to actually grind for God knows how long in a jet, strafing over enemy troops hidden behind all the dust, bloom, and brown trying to shoot them with dumb-fire machine guns. Nothing else as far as I know. All while jets with actual abilities and options are blowing you out of the sky.

That alone would be ridiculous enough for me to condemn systems like this, but then there's the fact that you can almost never get into jets what with people camping their spawns all the time. I would hate those kinds of people as well, but they either:

A. Also need to try and grind out kills so they can actually be useful in a jet.

B. Are a person who already has unlocks and would be FAR more useful in a jet than someone who still needs to grind everything out.

And that's just the jet situation. Every other class and vehicle has the same issue where you are worthless with it until you've gotten enough kills to actually get new things and abilities. The Medic class doesn't get his defibrillator (One of the class's main selling points) until he also has ground out a few ranks and dealt with teammates going ""WTF DUde, revive me!" It just blows my mind how far some of these games go with forcing you to grind to get the actual fun unlocked. It's almost like the developers know the game's shit and dangle that constant carrot of unlocks to keep you going.

Duke Nukem Forever's multiplayer has a progression system, sure, but that's just to get novelties in the penthouse or for a new hat to put on Duke. Everything gameplay-wise, weapons and power-ups alike, is contained within the actual levels. Whoever wins the match or a fight is decided based off of pure skill and map knowledge rather than who's been playing the most so as to get all the cool stuff. The unlocks are a status symbol, not a symbol of power.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

"Progression" systems in multiplayer games that are snooker-loopy insane. Basically, when there are way, way, WAY too many unlocks that unlock too slowly, and keeps you from playing properly until you grind the fun out of the experience and you can actually do shit. Games like Battlefield 3 seem like the best example of this, but I've only played the beta so I may be wrong with this example. In Battlefield 3, you don't get any useful things in jets like missiles or (I think) missile-confusing flares right off the bat. No, you have to actually grind for God knows how long in a jet, strafing over enemy troops hidden behind all the dust, bloom, and brown trying to shoot them with dumb-fire machine guns. Nothing else as far as I know. All while jets with actual abilities and options are blowing you out of the sky.

That alone would be ridiculous enough for me to condemn systems like this, but then there's the fact that you can almost never get into jets what with people camping their spawns all the time. I would hate those kinds of people as well, but they either:

A. Also need to try and grind out kills so they can actually be useful in a jet.

B. Are a person who already has unlocks and would be FAR more useful in a jet than someone who still needs to grind everything out.

And that's just the jet situation. Every other class and vehicle has the same issue where you are worthless with it until you've gotten enough kills to actually get new things and abilities. The Medic class doesn't get his defibrillator (One of the class's main selling points) until he also has ground out a few ranks and dealt with teammates going ""WTF DUde, revive me!" It just blows my mind how far some of these games go with forcing you to grind to get the actual fun unlocked. It's almost like the developers know the game's shit and dangle that constant carrot of unlocks to keep you going.

Duke Nukem Forever's multiplayer has a progression system, sure, but that's just to get novelties in the penthouse or for a new hat to put on Duke. Everything gameplay-wise, weapons and power-ups alike, is contained within the actual levels. Whoever wins the match or a fight is decided based off of pure skill and map knowledge rather than who's been playing the most so as to get all the cool stuff. The unlocks are a status symbol, not a symbol of power.

Finally! Someone else gets it! Boy, do I miss bf1942! Some weapons and attachments can be fun to unlock, but the vehicles should have everything unlocked, and stuff like ammo boxes etc.

"Life sucks sober!"

This is mostly a console gripe, when games don't let you customize the controls. Would it really be so hard to let you assign your own buttons? a lot of games don't have what i would call bad control, but have one nagging feature which I could easily rectify if i could custom assign buttons. A lot of games offer a robust list of alternate control schemes, but not custom option, so that if there isn't a single one you like you're screwed. A few games use their control scheme as a marketing point, and it may look good in an ad, but its always best to just let the user set up what works best for them.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

This is mostly a console gripe, when games don't let you customize the controls. Would it really be so hard to let you assign your own buttons? a lot of games don't have what i would call bad control, but have one nagging feature which I could easily rectify if i could custom assign buttons. A lot of games offer a robust list of alternate control schemes, but not custom option, so that if there isn't a single one you like you're screwed. A few games use their control scheme as a marketing point, and it may look good in an ad, but its always best to just let the user set up what works best for them.

Yeah, I have never understood why so many console games don't allow you to change controls, I mean I can't think of any reason why it would be this way.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cutscenes and quicktime events. Just ruins the "game" for me.

I also hate it when a game is like a railway shooter.

And when games are too short. It. Sucks.

"Life sucks sober!"

I hate when a game has a cool singleplayer store where you can get weapons, skins, and cheats in the first two games in a series and then has that option removed in the third. Yes, I'm looking at you, Uncharted 3.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Real time cutscenes, and those damned long ass speeches made by characters that I dont give a F$%& about

...like in Final Fantasy

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.