Breaking News

Sign in to follow this  

Just a quick little tidbit...

If you vote for Obama, you aren't Catholic. The Democrats right now support things (diametrically opposite to the standings of the Republicans) that violate too many of the Catholic churches precepts. A true Catholic cannot vote Democrat.

well the government and the church should be separate right? or am I just a silly naive child wishing for archaic ideals that the US supposedly prides itself on. I say voting one way or another has no problem with your religion, if things go liberal then you can live your own conservative life and not worry about everyone else. I see gay marriage the same way, why is it wrong a let a gay couple marry? its an affront to god? well they burn in hell and you don't so whoop-de-fricken-doo.

What your not crazy too?

It's not just the gay marriage thing... Obama is forcing Catholic hospitals to perform abortions on the whim of the person showing up. (Obamacare) Yes, I said CATHOLIC hospitals. That's around half of the country's hospital system, which is CATHOLIC, and is entirely unfunded by the government. The government is forcing a violation of a religion, simply because they can and do provide medical care.

Separation of church and state was meant to protect the church from the government, not the other way around. (look it up if you don't believe me)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It's not just the gay marriage thing... Obama is forcing Catholic hospitals to perform abortions on the whim of the person showing up. (Obamacare) Yes, I said CATHOLIC hospitals. That's around half of the country's hospital system, which is CATHOLIC, and is entirely unfunded by the government. The government is forcing a violation of a religion, simply because they can and do provide medical care.

Wow, that's interesting. I didn't actually know about that.

Another thing that Obama recently did that pisses me off is that he lowered the minimum weekly hour rate for a job to be considered "full time" from 40 hours a week to 30 hours a week. That is fucking stupid, mainly because the number of people it will actually benefit is drastically smaller than the number of people it will cause problems for.

The reason Obama did it is because now with Obamacare or whatever, all full time employees are required to be given company-funded healthcare. If the hour requirement for being a full-time employee is lowered like this, a massive number of part-time employees will now be considered full-time, and the company they work for is now required by law to give them free healthcare.

The immediate problem is that many companies can't afford to give healthcare to so many extra employees; the result being them having to lay people off. Companies laying people off obviously causes the number of unemployed citizens to go up drastically, and therefore Obama has just ruined anything he might have possibly improved with the unemployment problem.

Another big issue will be for younger teenage employees. In many states, citizens under the age of 18 are not legally allowed to work full-time jobs, and are required to stick with part-time employment. The problem? Now that the number of hours required to be considered working "full-time" has been lowered, teenage employees who were trying to work the maximum number of hours they could work legally (like myself)...ARE ALL OUT OF A JOB IF THEY DON'T WORK LESS. It's just retarded to the point of infuriation.

[/rant]

Wow, that's interesting. I didn't actually know about that.

Another thing that Obama recently did that pisses me off is that he lowered the minimum weekly hour rate for a job to be considered "full time" from 40 hours a week to 30 hours a week. That is fucking stupid, mainly because the number of people it will actually benefit is drastically smaller than the number of people it will cause problems for.

The reason Obama did it is because now with Obamacare or whatever, all full time employees are required to be given company-funded healthcare. If the hour requirement for being a full-time employee is lowered like this, a massive number of part-time employees will now be considered full-time, and the company they work for is now required by law to give them free healthcare.

The immediate problem is that many companies can't afford to give healthcare to so many extra employees; the result being them having to lay people off. Companies laying people off obviously causes the number of unemployed citizens to go up drastically, and therefore Obama has just ruined anything he might have possibly improved with the unemployment problem.

Another big issue will be for younger teenage employees. In many states, citizens under the age of 18 are not legally allowed to work full-time jobs, and are required to stick with part-time employment. The problem? Now that the number of hours required to be considered working "full-time" has been lowered, teenage employees who were trying to work the maximum number of hours they could work legally (like myself)...ARE ALL OUT OF A JOB IF THEY DON'T WORK LESS. It's just retarded to the point of infuriation.

[/rant]

well I did not know about this. makes me sort of glad I cant vote yet (not really). as for the abortion subject, I did not know it was forcibly happening. its just as wrong to force an abortion procedure on an unwilling performer as to not allow one for those who need it. I understand that catholic hospital don't approve of abortion and forcing them to perform them is wrong, that's something we could use abortion clinics and similar facilities for. also Obama sort of screwed me as it goes for insurance, I have USAA and the policies now make me have to pay for my crazy pills (which are around 25$-50$ a pill depending on the time of year) so yeah I also lose insurance unless I find a college or join the military (which for someone who is 6ft3' and 90 lbs is not a real option).

What your not crazy too?

Just found this nice list of things that Obama and Romney support and oppose...

[attachment=0]Religious Freedom Scorecard.png[/attachment]

And that's just the short list for religion only... Obama is very against all forms of freedom if you take a close look.

Separation of church and state was meant to protect the church from the government, not the other way around. (look it up if you don't believe me)

but even if the separation was to protect religion from state whats to say it should not to work the other way around?

What your not crazy too?

Separation of church and state was meant to protect the church from the government

Whatever is the understanding of the original intent of that separation, it objectively remains an essential requirement of proper governance. Look at what happens in any country where such separation does not work.

Also, even the literal interpretation of Jefferson's statement requires that the government is isolated from the influence of any church, as otherwise the church which influences the government will be able to subvert that government to suppress any other rival religions. In that sense, having some kind of Mormonic front-man elected as the President of the US would hardly strengthen that principle.

Obama is very against all forms of freedom if you take a close look.

*Every* government is very against all forms of freedom, except the freedom of their own backers to benefit from their position of power. To say that Obama is "against freedom" is OK, I guess, as long as it does not imply that some other candidate is "for freedom", because that would be naive, to say the least.

Regards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238705/Familys-outrage-star-students-murdered-mans-basement-claims-robbed-home-Thanksgiving.html

I'm not pulling any punches here. If you're not gonna read the article, two dumbass teens broke into a guy's house (a guy who I should note has been broken into 8 times beforehand) and were killed by him.

"They didn't deserve to die." Maybe fucking not, mourning families of dumbass teenagers. But honestly, it's more their fault than the guy who shot them. I will remind you, this guy had been broken into EIGHT TIMES BEFORE. Can you imagine being broken into once? Or if you have before, MORE than once? And this guy got thousands of dollars of property stolen those eight times. So, it's not surprising that on this ninth attempt, he'd take special precautions, and get more than a little pissed when he saw the burglars, regardless of age.

I don't give a flying fuck if they were popular, outgoing, good students, or any other bullshit like that. They put all of that up for forfeit when they decided to steal from someone's house. Now, did he really have to KILL them? Not necessarily, he could have just as easily incapacitated them by shooting their legs or something, or hell, even just scaring them by waving the gun around...but it was eight fucking times. Maybe even by those same kids! I can understand the parent's grief, but they should be pointing more blame on their children than this man. Hell, he even turned himself into the police after he realized he went overboard with it, instead of blaming them for everything.

The biggest reason I'm pissed at this situation is, people steal on holidays all the damn time. But to see these two good-looking, popular, outgoing, good student, goddamn perfect fucking people that the media claims...and they decide to rob somebody's house. I'm in such a bad mood about this that I daresay they almost DID deserve to die, but that is more than a little harsh.

Suffice it to say, it's a horrible situation, but those two morons shouldn't have tried it in the first place. I blame them more than their own killer.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Spoilers because another long-winded rant about life.

I already made my feelings clear on the matter in the Vent thread but I'll say some more here. Something interesting is that everyone is getting their facts wrong yet not owning up to it. First I hear the killer is 24 Ryan Lanza and that his mother worked at that school, now it's saying it's his brother, Adam, and that he killed his mother at their home. Thy say that Adam may have used Ryan's ID and that's why they were mistaken. Well then, how do you account for where the mother was? Did you just assume she worked at the school? Really, the media needs to stop investigating and wait for a full report. All this looking around while police are investigating is just making things worse.

I feel like they blame his mother, mostly. His father divorced in 2009, maybe to get away from her, and people say she was 'very rigid'. What does that mean? She was a tough mom to live with? Child abuser? And here I was sitting in my own little world imagining that people would learn their lesson from past mistakes of abusing children to grow up into psychopathic murderers. Apparently, I'm a crazy person.

so this is another time where the media wants to blame everything else for this but wont even consider that this guy was just a nut-job. Im sorry but all sorts of people have stressful lives and trauma and they dont go out and do this crap. (im not saying that his mom has nothing to do with this but the act of mass shooting is irrational for anyone, no matter what)

also how long until a newsgroup decides to blame violent media for this?

What your not crazy too?

so this is another time where the media wants to blame everything else for this but wont even consider that this guy was just a nut-job. Im sorry but all sorts of people have stressful lives and trauma and they dont go out and do this crap. (im not saying that his mom has nothing to do with this but the act of mass shooting is irrational for anyone, no matter what)

True... Even most insane people with homicidal tendencies would find somewhere better to start shooting. ;)

also how long until a newsgroup decides to blame violent media for this?

I'll give it one more week.

It hasn't even been a full week and now some other idiot killed four people in Pennsylvania before dying himself. At least this time he was shot by police.

Just This.

537465_551511154876438_1526741155_n.png

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.