What Game Got you Started???

For me it was Rayman (the original), Sly Cooper, and Mario 64. Basically all 90s platformers, Sly Cooper having a little more stealth orientation.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I think he meant what got you really playing video games, and for me that would be COD4. While I had been playing games off and on for a while, this got me hooked on them. Of course, I stopped playing for a while so what brought me back would be Fallout: New Vegas. I'd been video game free for 5 months, the biggest break I'd ever had. I also didn't have much an interest to start playing again.

Hi Friend.

What really got me started playing games? Zelda Ocarina of Time, Capcom vs Snk2, and Medal of Honor Rising Sun.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Hmmm, what game got me really started gaming is kind of hard to say. However probably the first game I really spend quite some time on was WolfenStein 3D.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For me it was the original Age of Empires and Dungeon Siege, the only other stuff I'd played before that was my Dad's games.

I'm pretty sure you were a colt Kirk ;)

Twisted Metal 3 got me started in shoot 'em ups, and I never really liked FPS games (hated the feeling of not seeing behind me) until recently, when my parents let me get TF2 and my friend made me play Half-Life. I played Modern Warfare 1 before those, but I hated it.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I can't remember exactly what got me started. I was far to young when I did. If you meant the first game I ever played, it'd have to be Marble Madness on gameboy. If you meant what turned me into a gamer, that I cannot answer.

Retired Forum Moderator

Super Mario Brothers followed by Spyro: Year of the Dragon and Ratchet & Clank 2.

I didn't stand a chance.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Ratchet 2's boss fight was certainly the hardest of the series. I was around 10 at the time, and I spent around 3 weeks upgrading all of my weapons to finally beat the game.

Games were so much harder when I was young because I had to look at the controller to seee which button to press X_X