Ever wonder what death is like?

Sign in to follow this  

It's just something that comes to mind very often. It's so mysterious and we can't possibly know what it's like. I've contemplated suicide over this thought alone. My curiosity gets a lot of leverage on me sometimes, though I plan on dying from external factors.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I've wondered, but I'm not going to get to find out.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

i think you either go to "heaven" or everything goes dark, you can't feel, smell, taste, hear or see anything anymore. just darkness. now i wonder, if there's a "heaven" would it be like it's depicted in cartoons and the bible or each man and woman has his/her own "heaven"?

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

heaven and hell are mere concepts. Maybe if you've sinned, or done badly you'll be trapped reliving your worst moments, and if you've lived a good life you can relive your best moments, without remembering that they had happened.

Thus the term, heaven :)

I had a dream years ago that these horrible monsters not dissimilar from the things in pitch black (The movie hadn't existed at this point) were killing me over and over...it was like I was trapped in an FPS...with no guns and infinite lives. And they kept tearing me to pieces. What I remember most vividly about the dream is the feeling on their claws running me through...and feeling a combination of searing pain, numbness and a weird cold as everything faded to black. I think I died like a dozen times that night.

When I was around the same age I was at a swimming pool and this kid who always bullied me finally made through with his treats that he was going to kill me. He was about twice my size...

Anyways he held my head under water trying to drown me. I remember fighting him with all the strength I had. Think of that feeling when you're holding your breath for as long as you can and how towards the end the pain in unbearable. As I finally ran out of air and energy I remember giving in for a brief moment being at total peace with my impending doom. I took a full breath of water into my lungs as I blacked out. That feeling of accepting the water into me was one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. I came too on the side of the pool...my older brother had saved me and I was coughing up water.

When I was in a darker time in my life I did contemplate suicide....the only thing holding me back at one point was the knowledge of how much my death would hurt the people I cared about. I realize that to get to that point in your life where you just want to end it really sucks and it seems like the best option....but suicide is also one of the most selfish things a person can do as far as I'm concerned.

What I imagine as death... It depends really. My question is, if you commit suicide, how would that work? Would you just wander the earth as a spirit? Or would you go to hell/heaven depending on the choices you've made? I agree for SURE, that suicide is selfish.

Simply put, I think of death as, if you're good, you go to Heaven, bad, Hell. Quite childish I know. But that's my take on things. I'd also like to guess what the 5 senses would be like(Hearing, touching, smelling, etc...) on the sinful side and on the good side.

I imagine death being an eternal dream. Either that or just nothing.

What would be in the dream, though?

Also, what is nothing? I don't see how you can conceive absolute nothingness.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

The processes in your brain all shut down and you simply cease to exist, it isn't "like" anything since there won't be anything there to experience it. Pretty much just like before you were born.

Yeah, I wonder about death. Don't know what to expect of it though. I hope for a break, then a rebirth.

Hi Friend.

The process of dying itself is like getting giga-high on your brain juices. Death is being gone forever, so it's nothing but at least you have something to think about (or not). It's nice to imagine that people at least get to go where they think they'll go, but that's as far I'll stray toward any belief in something after death.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

The processes in your brain all shut down and you simply cease to exist, it isn't "like" anything since there won't be anything there to experience it. Pretty much just like before you were born.

This is exactly how I imagine it... As your brain shuts down all that you were goes away with your counsciousness, the *you* part.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

something like what?

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I try not to think about it, because whatever it's like will be impossible to conceive of. Heaven/Hell? Who knows what it will be like, could be anything. Nothingness? Good luck trying to imagine what that's like. I think it's better to not focus on it because you'll never really get anywhere. I just hope its as awesome as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQnzs8wl6E

I hope the afterlife has content that is unavailable to me as well.

That's probably more accurate than the link I posted...

(It was "Fade to Black" by Metallica)

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.