Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I'm Björn, 32 years old scatterbrain from Sweden. I have been a fan of Freeman's Mind for years and I think that most of the content Ross puts up on youtube is generally more thoughtful than most other videogame videos I see there.

My main interest is learning about what makes people so weird and driven. This usualy has me reading up on history, religion, mythology and people just describing their passions. I also tend to go through many different periods of specific interest that I later discard like old socks, or I pick them up months later when I realise that I'm not wearing socks. So I also end up drawing a lot of horror stuff in bursts of periods when inspiration has elbowed it's way to the forefront of my attention.

My preference of music differs from period to period. It usualy consits of metal, rock, pop, synth, new age and video game tunes.

My prefered fictional genres are fantasy, horror and sci-fi. I currently like reading some of the older stuff because I think it's interesting to get a hundred year old perception on the world and the people who lived then. At the moment I'm enjoying the work of H.P. Lovecraft.

I also may or may not have a bad sense of humor.

Life is funny. Except when it's unfunny.

Welcome to the forum, Bjorn! :D Hope you have a nice time here.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Welcome aboard to The Farm, Bjorn! Almost called you Ursa Duke thanks to ol' Duke Nukem there

Welp, now what?

Here we go.

So hey/hi/hello/good day/good morning/good evening/goodnight/greetings,

I am not that new actually. I already introduced myself about 5 years, 4 months and 30 days ago. After doing that I enjoyed this forum for about 2 years after which....I don't really know. Life happened, I guess. Looking back on that time, this forum provided comfort, fun, and a platform to express my (sometimes cringe worthy)thoughts. Since then a lot has changed and I never really had any platform like this. I have a sprawling social life, but that is different. I haven't been part of a "bigger" community like this. I still youtube and reddit heavily, but I never post. I stay passive, lurking and absorbing content without producing any of my own.

Luckily for me, one thing that hasn't changed is that I am still a massive digital hoarder. So I came across this bookmark and figured: let's try this again. So here I am. Trying this again.

But enough of my motivations, this is getting way to serious. In order to write a new and improved introduction I decided to take a look at my old introduction and see what has changed:

Hi, my name is Mathias Kirkeng. You can call me whatever you want ^^

I am 14 years old, i really enjoy Freemans mind and Civil Protection(can't wait for the tunnel). And i appreciate all the work you do for us, ross. I am a PC gamer and i do GFX, VideoFX and photo manipulation for fun(i like doing it, doesn't mean I'm good at it :P). I am half Norwegian, half German and i live in The Netherlands

....very elaborate. Anyway, I am a bit older now, 20 to be exact. My nationalities and living place still apply. So does my love for Ross' work(although I have to admit that I'm not quite up to date). I don't really do "gfx, vfx or photo manipulation" anymore, my hobbies are quite different now. I mostly enjoy fitness and I have been doing(and really enjoying) Ballroom dance for two years now. Back then, I believe, I wanted to study something computer related as well. But come September I am going to start my first year of Human Movement Sciences. PC gaming is still something I do and enjoy....sortof. While I definitely still like doing it, I can not bring myself to spend many hours at a time on a multiplayer game(though a good story driven game can still hook me). Besides that I have less time than I used to(between school, 2 jobs and 2 sports). Only games I play really regularly at the moment are Hearthstone and Overwatch(because I can play them in short bursts), the VERY occasional game of TF2 and sometimes I dabble in OSRS. I do, however, still love doing multi-day lan parties with friends whenever I can.

Well enough talking about myself. Let's hope I pull this off instead of going silent in a weeks time :mrgreen:

Goodbye, take care, later, cya, until the next one, so long, I'm out(or in),

Kirkreng(I regret making this my name, stupid 14 year old me :problem: )

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here we go.

So hey/hi/hello/good day/good morning/good evening/goodnight/greetings,

I am not that new actually. I already introduced myself about 5 years, 4 months and 30 days ago. After doing that I enjoyed this forum for about 2 years after which....I don't really know. Life happened, I guess. Looking back on that time, this forum provided comfort, fun, and a platform to express my (sometimes cringe worthy)thoughts. Since then a lot has changed and I never really had any platform like this. I have a sprawling social life, but that is different. I haven't been part of a "bigger" community like this. I still youtube and reddit heavily, but I never post. I stay passive, lurking and absorbing content without producing any of my own.

Luckily for me, one thing that hasn't changed is that I am still a massive digital hoarder. So I came across this bookmark and figured: let's try this again. So here I am. Trying this again.

But enough of my motivations, this is getting way to serious. In order to write a new and improved introduction I decided to take a look at my old introduction and see what has changed:

Hi, my name is Mathias Kirkeng. You can call me whatever you want ^^

I am 14 years old, i really enjoy Freemans mind and Civil Protection(can't wait for the tunnel). And i appreciate all the work you do for us, ross. I am a PC gamer and i do GFX, VideoFX and photo manipulation for fun(i like doing it, doesn't mean I'm good at it :P). I am half Norwegian, half German and i live in The Netherlands

....very elaborate. Anyway, I am a bit older now, 20 to be exact. My nationalities and living place still apply. So does my love for Ross' work(although I have to admit that I'm not quite up to date). I don't really do "gfx, vfx or photo manipulation" anymore, my hobbies are quite different now. I mostly enjoy fitness and I have been doing(and really enjoying) Ballroom dance for two years now. Back then, I believe, I wanted to study something computer related as well. But come September I am going to start my first year of Human Movement Sciences. PC gaming is still something I do and enjoy....sortof. While I definitely still like doing it, I can not bring myself to spend many hours at a time on a multiplayer game(though a good story driven game can still hook me). Besides that I have less time than I used to(between school, 2 jobs and 2 sports). Only games I play really regularly at the moment are Hearthstone and Overwatch(because I can play them in short bursts), the VERY occasional game of TF2 and sometimes I dabble in OSRS. I do, however, still love doing multi-day lan parties with friends whenever I can.

Well enough talking about myself. Let's hope I pull this off instead of going silent in a weeks time :mrgreen:

Goodbye, take care, later, cya, until the next one, so long, I'm out(or in),

Kirkreng(I regret making this my name, stupid 14 year old me :problem: )

holy shitttttttt

dude welcome back jesus

the name's riley

Thanks ^^

holy shitttttttt

dude welcome back jesus

I'm flattered, but you don't have to call me jesus :roll:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome back, Kirkreng. It's a pleasure to have an old member return to the forum. Hope we convince you to stay a little longer this time, yes?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Herzlich wilkommen!

Well I am reading your posts in the right order then, as I've read other threads before reading this one as well ^^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the forum, MrSchnieke. Nice to have some activity in this thread.

-------

Howdy doody MrSchnieke! Most of my favourite things in the world are German... :3

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

@ Amanda (Miss Stonesinger OOS)

Welcome! Reading is nice. I like reading.

@ Bjorn (Ursa Doom)

Hello! (and welcome)

I chuckled at your sig. Also, if you wanna hear passionate describing and we happen to be in a teamspeak/vent thing talking about games in the near future, ask me about zealot hockey. I can get pretty hype for that. Plus I know some religion stuff, so talking about that is cool too.

@ Kirkreng

Hello AND welcome!

You know, I'm glad the stuff I posted on some forums years back isn't around anymore. Mann, I play hearthstone too. I love/hate it most the time. It's the worst. "sports)" Nice. Sports are cool. I'm a swimmer myself, and I enjoy soccer but I'm not on a team for it, looking into boxing because it's fun from what I've experienced.

Mann, I play hearthstone too. I love/hate it most the time.

I feel ya. We should play some time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯