Call of Duty

Okay, I'm proud of myself. XD I just pulled a 20 kill 1 death in Team deathmatch. The 1 death was me being stupid at the start and standing too close to a burning car. After I respawned though, I got in 2 heli's from my kill streak. XD

Those guys were baaaaaad.

I was probably one of those guys.

Did a one Bl1ghtmare happen to kill you with your own gun?

Also the reason I stated they were bad, is I'm a noob myself. idk half of what I'm doing and it usually gets me killed. Part of the reason I was so hyped about that. XD So if a noob who's never played CoD online more than a totaling 1 hour manages to pull that off, really doesn't bode well for the opposing team.

This is PS3 btw.

Anywho, it seems that was a one time deal. I'm back to having my ass handed to me in a neatly wrapped box.

Retired Forum Moderator

Cod 1 = Great game.

Cod 2 = Epic, the best cod to date.

Cod 3 = Meh, could have been better, could have been worse, an ok game.

Cod 4 = Really fun game, awesome campaign!

Cod 5 = Good game, singleplayer was kinda boring when you were playing as americans but the russians were alot more fun. The multiplayer was really fun, but a little too unbalanced. Nazi zombies was probably the best thing about this game just an awesome addition.

Cod 6 = What happened ? I mean, the singleplayer was cool (the first 2 playthroughs atleast.) Spec-ops was fun, not as good as nazi zombies though. The multiplayer, wow, what a mess. Unbalanced weapons, unbalanced killstreaks unbalanced everything. I mean, Im all for rewarding better players, but this doesnt reward any good/skilled players, the game is all about who has the best weapon.

Cod 7 = Good game. And yay! Zombies! Singleplayer was good untill the last mission, cheesy as hell. Multiplayer was more balanced and had better gamemodes than the last game, not perfect, but well done.

Cod 8 = Oh I must've put the wrong disc in, this is CLEARLY mw2. *takes out disc* wtf ?

Ok so not only does the multiplayer suck not, but the singleplayer is HORRIBLE! I was expecting something epic to finish off the Modern warfare series, but no. Survival mode (or what its called) was the only fun thing about this, but NO-ONE plays it online. (atleast not ps3). Multiplayer has THE most boring maps EVER in an online fps. And balanced ? More balanced than mw2 sure, but I hardly think its balanced.

Call of duty is easily the most overrated game series in history, I see no reason to buy anyone after cod 5. They cant even do something new for sequels, its the same game as before with a different layout.

"Life sucks sober!"

Look, you dont mind the Cod developers updating the same game every year and charging it for the same price as a real brand new game, Fine. But the idea of comparing their work with the work of other developers like you did just makes me sick.

This frustrates me. It is not the same game. They alter setpieces and plotpoints with the Call of Duty gameplay mechanics. "Same game" means everything is functionally the same - same plot (granted, much of the plot is), same locations (I think you can already guess this is wrong, unless you played one CoD and assume that its the same for all because gameplay alone makes a game). Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3 are a LOT closer to being the same game than Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3. Hell, "Every other year" would be more accurate because of the content of the games.

So, let's make a deal. I'll stop comparing CoD to games you like, you stop saying it's the exact same game, and everybody just moves to a new damn game.

The thing is that it is the same game in the sense that it is basically a big reskin. Other than that virtually nothing changed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then don't buy it and don't play it. You don't have to make a big deal out of it.

I dont mind overrated games as long as people doesnt talk about them everywhere and compare them to everything, and this is where cod starts to annoy me.

Try going on to a youtube video of any other game (even if it isnt a FPS) and you will see: Cod, cod and more cod. Its just annoying. Just play the game and keep it to other people who play it.

"Life sucks sober!"

Then don't buy it and don't play it. You don't have to make a big deal out of it.

Well first of all this is a discussion thread, right? So I can really make a big deal out of anything I want :)

Second, I have said before that and how it affects gaming at large.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly don't see how it affects gaming at large. Franchises have been milked before and will probably be milked in the future. As long as the product is inherently good and gives you what you pay for, which MW3 actually does, then I don't see what's bad about that.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

As long as the product is inherently good and gives you what you pay for, which MW3 actually does, then I don't see what's bad about that.

Wait, you pay $60 for reskins of games and don't consider it a ripoff?!?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I really wonder how many people actually play the games extensively before they open their mouths to criticize it. No shit it's gonna be similar in look, it's part of a series. But deliberately ignoring what's new and/or changed in order to hate on it is just stupid.

I'm not saying it isn't close to the previous games, a lot has stayed the same, but that's because it WORKS. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Retired Forum Moderator

I really wonder how many people actually play the games extensively before they open their mouths to criticize it. No shit it's gonna be similar in look, it's part of a series. But deliberately ignoring what's new and/or changed in order to hate on it is just stupid.

I'm not saying it isn't close to the previous games, a lot has stayed the same, but that's because it WORKS. Don't fix what isn't broken.

+rep

I agree completely. What they did add in MW3 was very good as well.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I have played most of them fairly extensively, and the problem with it is that they haven't fixed anything that is broken. MP is still unbalanced, story is still shit, SP is so meagre as to not even warrant being there.

The differences have only ever appear in the Treyarch CODs and they're all thrown out for the IW CODs anyway.

MP is still unbalanced

I tried playing MW1 a few days ago for the hell of it. What was the big difference I noticed? MW1 is a clusterfuck. if you have more than 24 people on you may as well just chuck a grenade at re-spawn because you aren't lasting long. Every map is a whoring of campers and it was just severely stressful. in MW3, the player limit (at least on console, can't say for pc) has been chopped down to a healthy size, maps were designed with reduced camping (you can still camp but for the most it's designed to allow other methods to reach the campers.) You can actually PLAY at an enjoyable level instead of spawn, chuck grenade, die, rinse/repeat for 10 hours.

It may have some imbalances still but it's a fuckload more user friendly than it was before.

story is still shit

Aaaand there's where opinions take hold.

SP is so meagre as to not even warrant being there.

Opinions. Opinions, everywhere.

Retired Forum Moderator