Vent

I believe you, but I doubt it could be worse than Texas.

Or most of the Deep South for that matter. And on a somewhat related point, fuck the Tea Party.

Why?

Large group of racists only looking out for their own wallet, or too stupid too understand that they're being brainwashed and used.

fuck the Tea Party.

this.

Why?

The whole party was funded by the Koch brothers and actually doesn't represent a damned thing but corporate greed. Seriously, if you want to know what any party is about, just follow the money. And here, the money leads back to Charles and David Koch.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Well I guess everyone already covered everything.

the name's riley

I hate bullshit DLC, like weapon skins for $5, Disk Locked Content/Day 1 DLC, exclusive DLC, Season Pass, and pre-order DLC bonuses. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind DLC, when it's done right. For example, story/mission based DLC that adds an extra 2 hours, is $5-10 (or free), came out a year after release, and is very obviously not content that was cut out, and later repackaged for money, is perfectly fine and acceptable. An example of good DLC: The Big Bank DLC for Payday 2. For $7, you get a new heist (obviously), with a lot of replayabilty to it, new masks, with modifications, you can play on the heist if someone, who owns it, hosts it, and a new weapon. This is an amazing deal. Best part? It's obvious that Overkill actually put thought into this DLC and not just make it Disk Locked Content, or some other bullshit DLC.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The whole party was funded by the Koch brothers and actually doesn't represent a damned thing but corporate greed. Seriously, if you want to know what any party is about, just follow the money. And here, the money leads back to Charles and David Koch.

And what does that have to do with the beliefs of the organization? If I donate to a group, or start one with my own money, does that mean that the group has no other focus than my belief that every piece of software, music, or video should be available to pirate?

I'm sick of people looking at the few people backing an organization, and thinking the beliefs of the organization are a sham to cover their real intentions, even when the actions of said organization contradicts it.

Oh, and fuck day-1 DLC, and pay to win free to play games.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

And what does that have to do with the beliefs of the organization? If I donate to a group, or start one with my own money, does that mean that the group has no other focus than my belief that every piece of software, music, or video should be available to pirate?

The entire group was founded with the money of billionaire oil tycoons, goes to great lengths to hide it and claims to be a "grassroots" movement. That's three red flags in a row.

Then they go to great lengths to further the political and ideological beliefs of the Koch brothers, they're heavily supported by Fox News, all the Tea Party candidates are bought and paid for by the Koch brothers, and their bullshit agenda fits the business interests of the Koch brothers. That's four more red flags.

Then the police don't intervene with Tea Party "protests" no matter what they do, even when they come armed to the teeth, when the police have proven time and time again that any REAL protest is violently shut down even if nothing happens. The Tea party isn't just "protesting", they're bringing WBC-grade hate speech and guns, (for the record, I don't mind guns, but the cops ALWAYS do) but the police just sit back and go "Well, we certainly don't have any problem with that. Even if that lady up front did just attack Obama by comparing his entire race to wild animals, nope, hands tied. They've got freedom of speech, even though we've NEVER, EVER, ON A SINGLE INSTANCE given a FLYING FUCK about that before." That's a red flag so huge I can't even decide how many it's worth.

You should ALWAYS research a group before you call yourself a member of it. Political party, religion, it doesn't matter. And when it comes to political parties and religions, if you did the research, NONE of them would be worth joining. (At the very least, none of the ones I have ever looked into. But that's a pretty big sample size.)

Gonna refer to this post I made a page back.

I smell a potential shitstorm.

the name's riley

Gonna refer to this post I made a page back.
I smell a potential shitstorm.

Think we should stop talking about this, before it gets out of control and the mods get involved?

Speaking of politics I dont understand why alot of people vote for a certain party indiscriminately. Like Ive voted in three elections (one municipal, one provincial, and one federal) and before each I always go out and read the candidates platforms and important stuff and then I vote for who i feel is the best choice, not whoever is in a certain party.

Though honestly i don't really think it makes any difference, and the last time i voted some old person yelled at me for voting apparently. i don't understand why.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Speaking of politics I dont understand why alot of people vote for a certain party indiscriminately. Like Ive voted in three elections (one municipal, one provincial, and one federal) and before each I always go out and read the candidates platforms and important stuff and then I vote for who i feel is the best choice, not whoever is in a certain party.

It's all a waste of time at the federal level. Save your research and strategic voting for the state level and below, where they aren't all bought and paid for.

In Canada our voting works a lot differently than in the U.S. though. Like Canadians vote for their MP (member of Par- can't spell it) for their area and they take one seat in the big building and whichever political party has the most seats, the leader of that party becomes the Prime Minister. Because we have a bunch of different parties there can happen a minority government where the leader has less than half the seats, but still since they have more than any other party they still lead. I think there's a few major parties now, the Progressive-Conservatives, the Liberals, the NDP, one that's only in Quebec and I can't spell, and the Green Party (though I don't think they've ever got a seat, they keep trying though and they're sometimes included in debates).

The provincial level is about the same, except it's called a legislative assembly instead of a Par- so the politics people are called MLAs instead of MPs.

In school they once covered the U.S. voting system. It confused me a lot.

Sorry i made this post too long

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

In Canada our voting works a lot differently than in the U.S. though. Like Canadians vote for their MP (member of Par- can't spell it) for their area and they take one seat in the big building and whichever political party has the most seats, the leader of that party becomes the Prime Minister. Because we have a bunch of different parties there can happen a minority government where the leader has less than half the seats, but still since they have more than any other party they still lead. I think there's a few major parties now, the Progressive-Conservatives, the Liberals, the NDP, one that's only in Quebec and I can't spell, and the Green Party (though I don't think they've ever got a seat, they keep trying though and they're sometimes included in debates).

The provincial level is about the same, except it's called a legislative assembly instead of a Par- so the politics people are called MLAs instead of MPs.

In school they once covered the U.S. voting system. It confused me a lot.

Sorry i made this post too long

No idea about Canada, actually. I didn't notice that you were Canadian.