Vent

It's in my location so....

Well, I'm sorry, but I didn't look. We'd spent the whole page discussing US politics, so I'd thought it a safe assumption.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

On a new note:

I am bored out of my fucking mind. I have over a hundred weapon entries to rewrite for a tabletop. I'm maybe twenty through, and I want to beat my head through a wall.

EDIT:

Oh, and there come three new words to make my mood even worse. "Baby bitch slap." Can't I just sit here and pretend babies are sweet and innocent and don't hit eachother? No? Well, fuck. Now I need to go help my girlfriend babysit a trio of three-year olds that have gotten violent. Normally I like babies, but... Yeah, this is going to suck.

The entire group was founded with the money of billionaire oil tycoons, goes to great lengths to hide it and claims to be a "grassroots" movement. That's three red flags in a row.

Then they go to great lengths to further the political and ideological beliefs of the Koch brothers, they're heavily supported by Fox News, all the Tea Party candidates are bought and paid for by the Koch brothers, and their bullshit agenda fits the business interests of the Koch brothers. That's four more red flags.

Then the police don't intervene with Tea Party "protests" no matter what they do, even when they come armed to the teeth, when the police have proven time and time again that any REAL protest is violently shut down even if nothing happens. The Tea party isn't just "protesting", they're bringing WBC-grade hate speech and guns, (for the record, I don't mind guns, but the cops ALWAYS do) but the police just sit back and go "Well, we certainly don't have any problem with that. Even if that lady up front did just attack Obama by comparing his entire race to wild animals, nope, hands tied. They've got freedom of speech, even though we've NEVER, EVER, ON A SINGLE INSTANCE given a FLYING FUCK about that before." That's a red flag so huge I can't even decide how many it's worth.

You should ALWAYS research a group before you call yourself a member of it. Political party, religion, it doesn't matter. And when it comes to political parties and religions, if you did the research, NONE of them would be worth joining. (At the very least, none of the ones I have ever looked into. But that's a pretty big sample size.)

My God. You exposed everything wrong with the Republicans. You're my hero! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I can't decide if politicians that hide or flaunt their corruption are better than one or the other, but when you've got enough issues like the Tea Party, you almost vote on the other side all the time, just in case they ever get any power.

The entire group was founded with the money of billionaire oil tycoons, goes to great lengths to hide it and claims to be a "grassroots" movement. That's three red flags in a row.

Then they go to great lengths to further the political and ideological beliefs of the Koch brothers, they're heavily supported by Fox News, all the Tea Party candidates are bought and paid for by the Koch brothers, and their bullshit agenda fits the business interests of the Koch brothers. That's four more red flags.

Then the police don't intervene with Tea Party "protests" no matter what they do, even when they come armed to the teeth, when the police have proven time and time again that any REAL protest is violently shut down even if nothing happens. The Tea party isn't just "protesting", they're bringing WBC-grade hate speech and guns, (for the record, I don't mind guns, but the cops ALWAYS do) but the police just sit back and go "Well, we certainly don't have any problem with that. Even if that lady up front did just attack Obama by comparing his entire race to wild animals, nope, hands tied. They've got freedom of speech, even though we've NEVER, EVER, ON A SINGLE INSTANCE given a FLYING FUCK about that before." That's a red flag so huge I can't even decide how many it's worth.

You should ALWAYS research a group before you call yourself a member of it. Political party, religion, it doesn't matter. And when it comes to political parties and religions, if you did the research, NONE of them would be worth joining. (At the very least, none of the ones I have ever looked into. But that's a pretty big sample size.)

My God. You exposed everything wrong with the Republicans. You're my hero! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I can't decide if politicians that hide or flaunt their corruption are better than one or the other, but when you've got enough issues like the Tea Party, you almost vote on the other side all the time, just in case they ever get any power.

Oh, it doesn't matter if you vote democrat. Not the slightest goddamn bit. They're all bought and paid for, both parties are composed of NOTHING but corporate shills at the federal level. Except maybe Elizabeth Warren. Ignore the federal level, focus on the state level, and try to get your state councils to call for a convention to amend the constitution and get money out of politics. (If 34 of them do, it's enough to overrule the federal government, and in fact the federal government can't do a damned thing to stop it. Not legally, at least.) Two states already have. If you want to fix anything, there's where you go.

EDIT:

On a different note, I would like to retract my earlier complaint about babysitting violent toddlers. They've calmed down and are being pleasant.

EDIT 2:

On a different different note, fuck cops. I'm 21. I'm a young man, fairly large and in decent shape. Every week or so I get harassed by the police for one thing or another, and I KNOW it's because I'm a young man. It doesn't matter if I'm buying drinks, crossing the street, or just walking down the road minding my own business, I WILL get harassed. They WILL stop me, they WILL demand to see my ID, they WILL insist my ID is fake, and they WILL waste anywhere from a couple minutes to several hours of my precious time for no fucking reason other than me being in my early twenties and having a penis. At least today it was only about ten minutes of bullshit before they found something different to do. I can't say "better", they just went from harassing me to harassing a black kid. If anything, that means they only stopped to go do something even worse. (Racists.) Now I'm going to go play Doom or something until I feel better.

Ah, state elections, gotya.

OT: What the fuck happened to CNN? They used to report on solid news stories, but then they use screen time to cover sex offenders and internet memes. Really guys? Why aren't they talking about famine in Africa or the dictatorial policies of ISIS, or fucking SOMETHING worth my time and concentration?!

"My opinion of humanity is so low right now."

-Dr. Gordon Freeman

And speaking of which, it's depressing when a drugged up sociopath who's probably done more shady shit than a Mexican drug cartel is more competent and knowledgeable than a large amout of world leaders. Fucking Fuckery.

Ah, state elections, gotya.

OT: What the fuck happened to CNN? They used to report on solid news stories, but then they use screen time to cover sex offenders and internet memes. Really guys? Why aren't they talking about famine in Africa or the dictatorial policies of ISIS, or fucking SOMETHING worth my time and concentration?!

"My opinion of humanity is so low right now."

-Dr. Gordon Freeman

And speaking of which, it's depressing when a drugged up sociopath who's probably done more shady shit than a Mexican drug cartel is more competent and knowledgeable than a large amout of world leaders. Fucking Fuckery.

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

God, you got that right.

Damn straight. Now do you know where I can buy an electronic thumb? I need to flag down a passing spaceship.

I'll settle for becoming a robot.

I fail to see how that makes any of this better.

Well when I get tired of humans I can go up into space without dying and go explore around there.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Borg can do that... Why not be one of them instead? They meet interesting people, and assimilate them...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Borg vs Cybermen, Borg win.

Borg vs Dalek, Borg win.

Resistance IS futile.

Borg vs Cybermen, Borg win.

Borg vs Dalek, Borg win.

Resistance IS futile.

Borg v. Dalek, Dalek win. Daleks haven't even been destroyed no matter how hard the Doctor tries. I doubt Borg would be able to do it.

Who needs to destroy them? ASSIMILATE!!!

its hot and very humid here. the humidex makes things so much worse and makes my arthritis bad too. i hate living in an awful damp place.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Who needs to destroy them? ASSIMILATE!!!

You need to find them first! :)

Anything that is too scared to leave a hidden location is not capable of doing any significant damage. :P