Vent

Not scared, just spread out everywhere. The Daleks attacked the TIME LORDS. Basically, the gods of the Doctor Who series. They don't really have notions of fear unless you change their genetic code.

The Dalek shield barely protects them from regular bullets, and not at all from their own weapon IIRC... Borg adaptation would be through it in a heartbeat, and be completely immune to their energy weapons. Assimilation on the cellular level, through virtually any material... Daleks wouldn't stand a chance.

If they aren't scared, then why didn't they finish the job after winning the war? THEY WERE SCARED THEY WOULD ALL DIE!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If they aren't scared, then why didn't they finish the job after winning the war? THEY WERE SCARED THEY WOULD ALL DIE!!!

This thread isn't even about Doctor Who. :lol: Let's let some angry person in now.

Why does everyone like beer so much? Why is it the only thing available? It tastes DISGUSTING. I am sick to death of it. There is no alcohol I would not rather have.

I know this complaint is petty and pointless, I don't care. Beer tastes disgusting.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I feel like repeatedly bashing myself into a wall. That's not a good thing and it's pointless to do it as it won't make feel any better.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Why does everyone like beer so much? Why is it the only thing available? It tastes DISGUSTING. I am sick to death of it. There is no alcohol I would not rather have.

I know this complaint is petty and pointless, I don't care. Beer tastes disgusting.

I said this myself until I actually tasted a few good beers.

Try a few different brands of light beer and you'll probably find a few that you'll like.

"Life sucks sober!"

I said this myself until I actually tasted a few good beers.

Try a few different brands of light beer and you'll probably find a few that you'll like.

I've tried more than a few. And not just lager, porter and ale as well. I hate the taste of hops. The closest thing I found to a beer I liked I'm not sure even qualifies because it's not made with hops, it's an apple ale. (Redd's apple ale, which I'm pretty sure is a cider, and it was pretty good.)

Seriously though i let my own computer graphic drive DIE FROM OVERHEATING BECAUSE I DIDNT KOW IT HAD A SEPARATE FAN. I thought i was good at this stuff. dammittheres no point is there im just an idiot i cant do anything right

dammittheres no point is there im just an idiot i cant do anything right

Aren't you the same guy who said he saved his mom from electrocuting herself in another thread?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Hey, anyone want a laptop that managed to get Windows 7 installed on it without removing XP properly, causing it to occasionally start in XP, become highly unstable and burn its core components? One that also can't shut down properly due to the same conflict, and thus can't restart, and can't install new software if it requires restarting? One that has a touchpad that can't be disabled and makes typing a monumentally difficult challenge but can't actually be used effectively as a touchpad? A computer that burns 40-60% of its RAM doing absolutely nothing because it's running two operating systems? A computer that is so weak it can't even run DOOM effectively, can't use modern microsoft office files and has issues with the internet and especially Youtube, where it flat-out doesn't work?

Yeah, didn't think so. On the plus side, when closed it makes a great mousepad.

Hey, anyone want a laptop that managed to get Windows 7 installed on it without removing XP properly, causing it to occasionally start in XP, become highly unstable and burn its core components? One that also can't shut down properly due to the same conflict, and thus can't restart, and can't install new software if it requires restarting? One that has a touchpad that can't be disabled and makes typing a monumentally difficult challenge but can't actually be used effectively as a touchpad? A computer that burns 40-60% of its RAM doing absolutely nothing because it's running two operating systems? A computer that is so weak it can't even run DOOM effectively, can't use modern microsoft office files and has issues with the internet and especially Youtube, where it flat-out doesn't work?

Yeah, didn't think so. On the plus side, when closed it makes a great mousepad.

IMG_1911_zps393aaec8.jpg

I'll take it. It'll look great along with all my other functionally stunted laptops that are so far gone to any combination of heat damage, transport damage, and just general well use that they can't even run word documents correctly anymore. One of the ASUS doesn't even have the ability to create new folders. at all. The startup process is an amazing 20+ minutes before programs start working, the screen has lost a wide range of it's color, and it's disk drive gives the click of doom. The other ones level of heat damage from blocked vents is so bad that every single game has graphical artifacting, and closing any application at all runs a good 50%+ chance to cause a bluescreen. Even when not closing programs it still has an uncomfortably high chance to bluescreen with a new error report every time. There's also an old old dead Alienware somewhere around here too but it tends to be a bit camera shy.

This isn't my rant though. I actually take an odd pride in my collection of dysfunctional laptops. My real rant involves the newest addition to the laptop collection, the one bought to replace the clicking disk drive ASUS so I can actually have a PC to graduate with. All I need to get 90% of my rant across is these 2 words:

Windows 8.1

I'm convinced a Mac would make a better game development platform that this thing. I had to delete registry keys just so I could get CryENGINE to run without windows thinking it was using all it's RAM and force closing the program to prevent data loss when I still had 9 gigs of ram left. To add to that, I had to download a 3rd party addon just to get my stupid start menu back. And as a programmer, having a calculator tool on the old computer that could be set up to assist with calc and trig functions was god send. Then 8.1 comes along and fucks THAT up by making calculator a god damned full screen program which is just stupid when you have to keep opening and closing the calculator window just to make sure your mathf functions are working.

Retired Forum Moderator

My friend has a Mac. He says it runs games pretty well. Finding compatible games, on the other hand....

I use Windows Vista, 32-bit. (Since there's no room for more memory, no point going to 64-bit.) Aside from this recent dammit-my-video-card's-fried incident, I've never really had trouble running games on it. Occasionally when I'm using Garry's Mod and I'm not careful and have my browser and email client going at the same time it runs out of memory.

I don't understand all of the complaints about Vista sucking and Windows 7 being sent from heaven. If anything, 7 is a glorified service pack. I guess Vista got blamed for the lack of updated drivers and crappy hardware.

Well, at least my desktop is good. Pretty damned good, too. And I didn't really mean giving it away, no money to mail it anywhere.

I didn't really mean giving it away, no money to mail it anywhere.

I know you didn't mean it. I meant that part as a joke. :P

As for vista sucking, my reasoning came from my first vista which didn't run anything properly. The thing even managed to get a virus without an internet connection and I never plugged in any external drives.

Retired Forum Moderator

The thing even managed to get a virus without an internet connection and I never plugged in any external drives.

The only way I can see that happening is if there was stuff on the drive before Vista was installed...

Vent: Judgemental people.

My friend has a Mac. He says it runs games pretty well.

Any Linux/Unix OS will run ANYTHING easier than Windows on identical hardware provided the program/game was built for the OS.

Finding compatible games, on the other hand....

And that's why almost nobody uses a Mac for gaming, and no professional gamer will even look at one.

I use Windows Vista, 32-bit. (Since there's no room for more memory, no point going to 64-bit.)

There are performance benefits on a large scale for using a 64 bit OS regardless of the amount of RAM. (64-bit was meant to break the RAM limit, but it actually improves a lot more)

Aside from this recent dammit-my-video-card's-fried incident, I've never really had trouble running games on it. Occasionally when I'm using Garry's Mod and I'm not careful and have my browser and email client going at the same time it runs out of memory.

It is a very decent OS.

I don't understand all of the complaints about Vista sucking and Windows 7 being sent from heaven. If anything, 7 is a glorified service pack. I guess Vista got blamed for the lack of updated drivers and crappy hardware.

Vista got a very bad rep because short of SP1, and 4GB RAM, it had a major memory leak in the kernel. After SP1, that was fixed. Very few people had faith that the problem was fixed though, and considered it a horrible OS. The reason it is so similar to W7 is that they both have the same UI, and the platform update for Vista included a lot of the features that came with W7. (I have taken to describing Vista as old/lite 7)

There are performance benefits on a large scale for using a 64 bit OS regardless of the amount of RAM. (64-bit was meant to break the RAM limit, but it actually improves a lot more)

Eh, from what I've been told, theres no point going to 64-bit if you don't need more memory.

edit: damn its not like im qualified to actually i mean i let m,y own graphics card fried dammit

I've been a hardware guy for 20 years... 64-bit is the way to go if you can do it.

Hardware that is capable of running 64-bit is more efficient at running a 64-bit OS than it is a 32-bit OS. Anyone that says otherwise is either uninformed, ignorant, stupid, or intentionally misleading you. (I'm naturally extremely blunt, and it puts many people off until they realize it's never meant as an insult)