Freeman's Mind gun sounds

So, since I don't have earphones, I decided to play this video relatively quietly.... in an airport. Then the loud, loud gun shots came....

Old gunshots pl0x. Or just quieter ones, really.

Lol. Everyone who doesen't care puts a picture of their dog and/or cat in the forum. It at least shows what they voted for.

Herp de friggin' Derp.

If it's a tie, the decision should go to the greater amount of posted pets. More cats, keep the sounds. More dogs, keep it classic. ;)

I chose no, because I don't have a cat or dog, forcing me to make a decision. Cats induce allergies in the family, and dogs freak me the hell out.

They're worse than spiders, maaaan.

I would be game for changing up other sounds such as explosions (because it gets a tad repetitive) and maybe ambient noises like electricity or energy fields humming, for example. Anything that adds immersion without taking out too much of the original game.

Tbh, I only recognized the revolver having a different sound. I'm also thinking everyone is starting to keep the yes/no results even just for the lulz. Without further ado, here is my cat in a Christmas outfit.

image.jpg.55503d6c499782f34bdcf6cacb4b43fb.jpg

So (not counting the cats and dogs) the poll is currently at a dead draw. I know Ross was expecting the new gun sounds to be divisive, but I bet he never expected it to be this close. Bit of a can of worms that got opened, I think (either that or, as the above poster said, there is a massive vote stacking operation underway).

So, let's come up with a compromise that everyone will surely love and replace the gun sounds with quotes from MLP. :P

One cat I know doesn't care

o97a.jpg

Oh, wait, he does!

es0v.jpg

The old sounds FTW.

Regards

I wanted at first to vote no, cause i've a HL-nostalgy (year 1998 -feeling) like others here.

But why to do that? I have my own copy of HL to play with, so for me it's not a big deal if someone masters a video with other game-sounds, isn't affect my computer files.

I voted yes, cause i have no problem to accept new ideas like that and i want to give the sound-artist a change to express him self, i liked what i've heard.

(and it feels good to give others a change).

I do care that why i voted - anyway those photos of dogs & cats is a nice idea!

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

I liked the new sounds, however they were too loud. I think if you're going to start changing stuff, switch to Black Mesa mod. I know you covered this last September but you said you didn't want to change stuff in the middle of the series. I think if you change, just switch to Black Mesa and go all out. You'll already have new updated audio to the weapons.

Also, I know this is the wrong place to post this, but when are the downloadable copies of episodes 44+ going to be added? I love watching Freeman's mind on my TV. You rock Ross! Thanks for more consistent updates and more videos. We know you work really hard. Hold a conference in the Midwest soon!

I would've voted yes, but there were some errors with the final sound edit (original gunfire sounds playing, only to switch to new edit midway). Sure, that probably can be fixed, but it's just too jarring. Otherwise, they weren't too intrusive, but I must admit that they were extremely noticeable and- to an extent- jarring at first.

I'm not too bothered about the sounds. I don't mind the new sounds and I don't mind the old sounds. :P

I'd show you some pictures of my cats instead...but the thing is...I don't have any. :(

Well this is going nowhere fast i would post a picture of my dog but he is currently wearing the cone of shame.

Back by popular demand!

I'm currently out of pets at the moment... My last fly died a couple days back... This forced me to vote yes.

I like the sounds, if they can be normalized a bit more, and if they can be better synched. I have no issues with the change, I just figure that Freeman finally popped his ears after getting out from underground...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I got nothing against the new sounds but the only one I really noticed is the magnum that scared the s*** out of me!

And i finally got an avatar and I'm damn glad about that!

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!