Help Make Freeman's Mind HD!

Ha, well you could always mail it, though that depends on trust with the Postal service. I could also take a check and have my parents deposit it in the USA actually.

May as well flush the money and hope it shoots across the ocean to where you are as reliable as the postal service is. Check may be a more viable option.

EDIT: Over $8000 already, holy crap! Looks like we may get all of Half Life done this year at this rate!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

To be honest thought I would love to see individual lines being given to us separate from the videos maybe we can make a forum post about which lines we'd like the most to see

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

Well, I'm in financial trouble these days so I won't be giving any money this time (I did donate previously though) but it's nice to see Ross getting some recognition through all this. $8000+ is a really nice sum and no one can say it's not deserved. Well done everyone!

While I have no problem whatsoever with you getting a lot of money Ross, a 1 Terabyte SSD costs about 100$ in the states. Why couldn't you just ask for donations for THAT and then transfer the money to someone in the States to buy it for you?

... Apart from the trust issues.

Another thing- I think I know a Valve game that can have motion blur always-on. Team Fortress 2 seems to always do it if you set that setting.

PS: I love the Shao Khan sprite in that image.

Ross, I went ahead and did a test in After Effects using a 60 fps capture in HL2 and high density vector tracking motion blur. I think the only issue is the processing time. As AE renders out the video it spends a while on each frame figuring out the motion vectors.

Oi2xG1kpicQ

While I have no problem whatsoever with you getting a lot of money Ross, a 1 Terabyte SSD costs about 100$ in the states.

Where on earth did you find a deal like that? The cheapest I can find doing a cursory look around is around 500.

Only $4000 to go until he's obligated to finish Half-life 1 by the end of the year! I bet he never expected it to get this high. That'll teach you to underestimate your fans and their willingness to throw money at problems until it goes away.

Ross, I went ahead and did a test in After Effects using a 60 fps capture in HL2 and high density vector tracking motion blur. I think the only issue is the processing time. As AE renders out the video it spends a while on each frame figuring out the motion vectors.

Oi2xG1kpicQ

While I have no problem whatsoever with you getting a lot of money Ross, a 1 Terabyte SSD costs about 100$ in the states.

Where on earth did you find a deal like that? The cheapest I can find doing a cursory look around is around 500.

Errr, my bad. That's what an EXTERNAL SSD costs. Yeah...

Quite frankly, even if he didn't need the SSD, I still would've donated. Being the selfish consumer I am, I'd prefer him spending all his time making more content for me to watch and less time on things like a 'job' or 'begging for food'.

Well, this is going extremely well for Mr. Scott. I already was surprised when I saw the gauge at $900 yesterday, but now it's at $8427 :shock: . Seriously, it's only been a day. A single day. I know that fundraisers tend to be quick at the beginning if the person is well-known, but this is incredibly fast. OK, so apparently Notch posted this on Twitter (probably a pretty great honor), but it's still very fast. And the video is only at 18,000 views (well, at least following official YouTube numbers, which may or may not be completely wrong), which averages to $.45 per official YouTube view.

Well, I certainly wish you two all the best after this! And consider eating something else than beans for a change. At least once or twice.

Also, you need to pay off a mob boss? Is there some kind of YouTube mafia, or what?

Concerning the DotA 2 stuff: You should probably send the same e-mail every day to the same address(es), that might work at some point. And if they keep ignoring you, you could just send Gabe Newell a mail ;). After all, something doesn't seem to work in his company. And he's the highest instance. And I think I heard he's one of those guys who read every e-mail (just like you).

P.S.: While I wrote this post, that gauge actually rose to $8800.

Ross Scott! What does Shao Khan say about your donate level?

It's over NINE THOUSSAAAAAND!

*ba-dum-tsh*

I've been expecting this joke.

... Not quite. Very close though.

Ross Scott! What does Shao Khan say about your donate level?

It's over NINE THOUSSAAAAAND!

*ba-dum-tsh*

I've been expecting this joke.

... Not quite. Very close though.

Damnit, it's the fun police!

Hang on, Notch is a Ross Scott fan? Puns aside, Notch has just gone up a notch in my book.

I thought someone from TGWTG like Doug Walker would tweet this or facebook it, hell I bet Nash would have if he found this out, alot of the TGWTG fanboys who watch Ross's videos would tweet the fuck out of it

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Ross should submit this video to TGWTG. :)

Maybe, but I get the feeling that a lot of the people introduced to the series through TGWTG might take it slightly the wrong way, being an appeal for money so relatively soon from being introduced to the site and all.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

This "Feed the Ross" fundraiser should be an annual event so he can keep his system up to date and not have to worry about anything but FM, CP, RGD and new projects (not necessarily in that order).
It's hard for my brain to get around this concept, I was really on the fence about doing this video, the resolution was a bit of a smokescreen to see if I could get more income (though I meant everything I said in it). The reason I have reservations about this is the way I see it, people watch videos are FANS, they can always just go elsewhere and stop watching. Asking them for money feels like it cheapens the whole experience, when good will from people is the main thing I Want to preserve. Besides, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I plan to get a LOT of mileage out of this money. I think if I'm smart about it, I can get myself to a position where I never need money again.

To be honest thought I would love to see individual lines being given to us separate from the videos maybe we can make a forum post about which lines we'd like the most to see
Hey, if you're a donator, just email me and I'll record it. I can at LEAST do that much

Ross, I went ahead and did a test in After Effects using a 60 fps capture in HL2 and high density vector tracking motion blur.
looks pretty subdued to me. Tests of a rocket flying near someone or a rapid moving object can be some of the best (I almost had the "slicer" from HL1 for fundraiser video).

Ross should submit this video to TGWTG.
No, that's against their policies. Plus even if it wasn't, I would feel more conflicted about that as I would be crowding out smaller people on their network. At least with this video, it's people coming straight to my channel.

This "Feed the Ross" fundraiser should be an annual event so he can keep his system up to date and not have to worry about anything but FM, CP, RGD and new projects (not necessarily in that order).
It's hard for my brain to get around this concept, I was really on the fence about doing this video, the resolution was a bit of a smokescreen to see if I could get more income (though I meant everything I said in it). The reason I have reservations about this is the way I see it, people watch videos are FANS, they can always just go elsewhere and stop watching. Asking them for money feels like it cheapens the whole experience, when good will from people is the main thing I Want to preserve. Besides, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I plan to get a LOT of mileage out of this money. I think if I'm smart about it, I can get myself to a position where I never need money again.

Mr. Scott (to make amends after that silly mistake in my very first post) I'm in no position to lecture you, but you do realize that even renaissance painters had to eat, not to mention that living on their own was probably nice too.

Here's how a currently unemployed, self-pitying and disillusioned blue collar coming from a lower class family sees things: I'll rather give you equivalent of my whole work day income once in a while (I'm assuming this way more of that cash goes to you, than it would in case of more often but less generous donations), than wait because -surprise surprise- you have to earn money to sustain yourself and that hobby of yours, thus burning yourself out, doing some shit you hate to do because "that's how it has to be", "that's how the world's running" or some similar (not so)bs.

You are creating a great ongoing comedy since I do not even remember when (I think I discovered you with "train surfing" CP) and lately RGD which turned out to be just as awesome but on a different level. If anything, I would gladly pay a monthly fee just to see even more things you're imagining or thinking about. I'm already paying for so many things I don't want (like retirement plan) or am unhappy with (alcohol). Why not doing it right for once?

Seriously I've followed just too many "content creators" who grew more and more tired dividing their time between their job and yt, twitch you name it to not see how would that eventually end. Even giving all the justice to that strength of yours (Machinima misadventures, unemployment etc).

So please, do not feel any reservations about FANS giving you what you rightfully deserve. If anything that's our damn job as a consumer of high quality goods (in this case service) you provide.

And as I said already (either here or on YT) I don't give a flying eF about resolution (my pathetic bandwidth allows me to watch only 360 comfortably) nor do I care about blur effect. What do I care however is how you feel about those things, and it was pretty clear to me you find them important (crucial even) after I watched the video and listened how passionately you speak. All this being funny? Great bonus.

Thus - the video in question was a great incentive, reason if you wish, to get up off my ass and finally send you some money! And from the amount of $ you've gathered it seems I'm not alone in my reasoning.

Damn, that sounds way too patronizing and bitter than I intended... but screw that. At worst I'll make a terrible fool of myself, at best I'll make some small part of your brain scream "f*** yeah I deserve that". In such case - it was worth it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for that enigmatic mileage plan of yours.

Cheers!

Honestly, this was the push I needed to get off my butt about donating. I've been meaning to, but on top of a lot of other things going on, it just didn't happen. I'm at a fairly comfortable financial point, and I don't have TV or Netflix, so really all of my entertainment consists of video games and free crap off the internet. I have zero qualms about someone who makes something I enjoy immensely asking for a bit of cash to help out, especially if food and rent is involved. And having put hard work online for free myself, I understand the position you're coming from. Asking for help is hard to do, even when you need it.

I'd buy a set of .mp3 Freeman's Mind ringtones, btw. That would seriously improve my quality of life.