Help Make Freeman's Mind HD!

You wanna know how it feels? Like frekin CHRISTMAS!!!!! :):shock::)

WSUFzC6_fp8

This is Ross's favourite Christmas carol, except he likes no-vocal version. But I love Pentatonix since I love great vocals so I give you this one. Mine and Ross's taste combined ;p

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Shit, $12k.

On the one hand, TWELVE THOUSAND! On the other hand, you have 9 months to do the impossible.

Hi Ross (and everybody else),

I've just made a small donation to the cause, but I wanted echo a couple of other posts in saying I'm not hugely fussed about HD. I'd much rather you took the money and used it to set your finances on an even keel and avoid money-related terror sweats...

I think it's a real shame that talented and dedicated people like yourself can find themselves in a position where they're struggling for money to make ends meet. I mean, I'm a researcher in a UK university and I'm currently writing this 'at work' sat on the sofa in my flat, so I understand that 'doing what you love' for a job can have its perks, but I also understand that it can come with a lot of financial and other uncertainties. For that reason your ongoing saga with The-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named makes me so angry I feel like I'm going to start throw-up crying every time I think about it. If my donation helps make your life easier that's good enough for me, HD or no HD.

Anyway it looks like I'm not the only one here that thinks this, I hope the donations make your (and MAGDA's) life a little easier, and remind you of just how many appreciative fans you have.

Keep up the good work, and get started on those Robot Attack Dogs!

I would like to see more apples to apples comparisons if you find any.

Try this one: http://augmentedtrader.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/10-things-raid/

It's a bit older, but still good reading. Bear in mind that regular HDD speeds are increasing significantly, (upwards of 150MB/s is getting to be pretty average for 2TB drives nowadays) and all prices are going down, while storage space is going up.

I will admit, I still have the perception of SSDs being less stable than hard drives, even in RAID 0. While one bad disk can compromise the array, your odds of grabbing data off it on the way down are much higher compared to a SSD where it's good one day, dead the next.

Well, as an option you could do a RAID5, RAID6, RAID10, or RAID50/60... (I can explain the different RAIDs if you need it) I wouldn't recommend a RAID15/16 though... (A bit more drives required than you probly want to deal with) RAID5 gives good performance boosting, (if you use enough drives, and a decent controller) and maintains data recovery, but it requires a minimum of at least 3 disks. RAID6 requires 4 drives, but has better error recovery capabilities. (it can lose ANY 2 drives, and not lose ANY data)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/176962-32-raid-gaming [read the third reply to this question, except that RAID0 and RAID5/6 are theoretically the same speed if running with the minimum number of drives required]

RAID10 might be the best for you, since it has both redundancy, and speed, but I personally would do a RAID5/6 if I had the drives/hardware for it. (all about the same price) And if you could manage it, a RAID1 on a pair of SSDs will usually do quite well for not a lot of price.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Wow, I donated on day 1 not thinking Ross would make, I just wanted to support him. But, dang he made it. I glad there are so many people that want to support him. This Awesome!

I've been enjoying all Ross' works since day one for free. Fuck yeah I'm donating. I don't care if it's in HD Ross, you deserve it man.

I'm really sorry that I can't donate anything but I just want to say that I'm really glad to see this happening. It really seems like the good karma has caught up with Ross after all those trials of hardship I've read about during the years. Best of luck to you, man!

Well Ross, congratulations on reaching your goal. Looks like you'd need to start working soon, you have a promise to keep ;) (Also, what's actually up with those dogs?).

On another note, you wrote that you might be able to not need money anymore. If you do achieve that, would you mind to explain the process? It would surely be an interesting read. And perhaps you could even help someone else with it.

Either way, good luck with everything! A new era begins today! (Well, at least it seems like that. Correct me if i'm wrong)

Man, im happy for you! Just sent in 20$ for yah! Hope this money goes towards your well being!

Those Freemans mind can wait.

Don't take this as pressure to get content out take this as a breather.

YOU DESERVE IT!

BTW Can I send money that insn't supposed to go towards video making? Like money to your stomach or to a personal servant for you?

Wow, Ross! 12k! At this rate this can became the most successful crowdrise project ever! Than we can shove this in OUYA stupid face! Screw them and their million dollars! Plus with this much dough, Ross could overthrow power and became the mob boss. Think about, who didn't ever want to be friends with a mob boss? Golden opportunity here, folks.

Hi congrats on reaching 12k

I never recoded 180FPS but if you need speed go for a PCIe SSD for the recording or take the one Artlav offers, this things are a hell of a lot faster then plane old SATA SSD's. OK they cost more than Poland Budget Deficit but they are worth it.

Hell if Artlav's 480GB RevoDrive3 X2 is not enough I throw in my old OCZ RevoDrive3 X2 240GB to.

BTW I send 50$ so you’re soul belongs to me now BWUUUAHHAHA … at least i think that’s how it works... right

Over $13k... Not bad for someone only asking for $500...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

With this money can we get the t-shirt shop up and running again?

agree'd I want to ask my parents to get me one for my birthday next month since I can't think of much else I really want.