General Chat

I'm not much good at anything really.

You're good at keeping a conversation interesting, even if it changes subject every other line...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So what, it's still interesting conversations.

How hard is the test? What does it take to pass? And what did it include, MIG/MAG, TIG, acetylen/oxygen, or the "stick welder thingy-majigg"? :?:

The test was for stick... It's a bend test, and you have to get a perfect bend.

I personally find welding with gas to be the hardest, but only with thin metal. And ive never touched a TIG since theyre a bit expensive

I actually have the easiest time with MiG... (I have an innate ability to set the feed rate and voltage just right) TiG is more difficult for me to get right, but I did get a bit of experience with doing it on some titanium. ($5000 worth of free titanium welding lessons, just because I was so likable)

Ah, ok.

I mostly weld on heavy machinery/trucks/cranes but i enjoy fixing cars too.

One isnt a welder until one can weld with a stick upside down in rain! :lol:

And as a side note, you should never attempt welding in crocs, (those plastic shoes) i learnt that the hard way when I was going to weld some hooks on a boat trailer for a friend before going to the beach... :oops:

Yeah, that's considered an "open toe" shoe... Plus it's low-temp plastic...

I actually have a few people that are wanting welded sculptures from me for in their front yard. (my stuff tends to look awesome after it rusts to a nice orange)

This happened at the bank.

Old man: *goes in front of me in line*

Me: The back, sir.

Old man: *starts ranting about how my generation is a bunch of entitled brats*

Me: Who acts entitled here?

Old man: *goes to back*

Granted, it was more like "whoashe ennnn-tited 'ere" because that's how my speech is. And that's me trying to speak clearly.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

ha! open toe shoes.... I wouldnt have used enything othere than boots if i wasnt going swimming, the one thing crocs are good for since you dont have to cut your feet up at the razor sharp swedish granite.

I couldnt weld something to look nice in my yard even if i wanted too, my mind is of the practical sort.

So today I just met someone who worked on both Command and Conquer Red Alert, Renegade, and Half Life 2. Had the most delightful conversation with him too. That was pretty cool.

Retired Forum Moderator

I couldnt weld something to look nice in my yard even if i wanted too, my mind is of the practical sort.

It's easy to make something creative with welding... Take all your really small pieces of scrap, and weld them together in random patterns... See? You're now an abstract artist that can make thousands on each piece!

How in the hell could any display of the Ten Commandments be considered secular?

I went downstairs to get a drink and my mother had left something on a frying pan on the stove and there was fire coming from it. I said to my mother "I think it overcooked a bit because there's fire coming from it" and she came to the kitchen and then started yelling like "SHOULD I CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT WHATS THE PHONE NUMBER" and then I got a lid from another pot and put it over the fire and it went out. I would have used the fire extinguisher but I forgot where it was.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

How in the hell could any display of the Ten Commandments be considered secular?

sec·u·lar
ˈsekyələr/
adjective
adjective: secular

denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

It can't... But then again, secularity shouldn't rule the world... (like it's trying to do now)

I went downstairs to get a drink and my mother had left something on a frying pan on the stove and there was fire coming from it. I said to my mother "I think it overcooked a bit because there's fire coming from it" and she came to the kitchen and then started yelling like "SHOULD I CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT WHATS THE PHONE NUMBER" and then I got a lid from another pot and put it over the fire and it went out. I would have used the fire extinguisher but I forgot where it was.

Nice... At least you saved yourself from wasting an extinguisher on something that didn't need it. (don't throw water on a grease fire either, it becomes a napalm explosion then)

Still needs to be separation of church and state, I think.

Any action that favors a religion in any way other than to protect people's rights to their personal freedom of religion just should not happen. But that's just my own interpretation of the Establishment Clause.

Still needs to be separation of church and state, I think.

Any action that favors a religion in any way other than to protect people's rights to their personal freedom of religion just should not happen. But that's just my own interpretation of the Establishment Clause.

The reason that clause was put there in the first place was to protect religion from the state, not the state from the religion... Bear in mind that in England, the king was the head of the church, and anything he said, went. If he said that being Catholic was heretical, then it was. If he said that the priests of the church had to go fight in wars, they did. Government shouldn't have control over religion.

regardless of what the original intention was I still think separation of the 2 is necessary since any of each influencing the other will only lead to problems. Until the world learns to play nice I think it's for the better.

Anywho, apparently I'm working on another game project. A rather organized project too, considering it's made up of college students.

Retired Forum Moderator

regardless of what the original intention was I still think separation of the 2 is necessary since any of each influencing the other will only lead to problems. Until the world learns to play nice I think it's for the better.

Anywho, apparently I'm working on another game project. A rather organized project too, considering it's made up of college students.

Ooh, go on.

the name's riley

Well, not sure how much I'm allowed to say other than it's gonna be a diablo style dungeon crawler and I'm one of 2 programmers. We're currently trying to get enough made for a kickstarter video but it could be a while since all of us only have time to work on it between quarters.

Retired Forum Moderator

It's kind of funny how I mentioned Ross making over 15 grand over the internet and someone immediately thought he did something on Kickstarter.