FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 32

Download 672x384 WMV (95MB)

Here's the next Freeman's Mind episode after a delay of me moving, doing April Fool's Day videos, trying to get the website/forums fixed, and getting a good recording setup. You can expect them to come out at a faster pace now, especially since the series has been neglected for a while. I can't record at all hours of the day at my new location however, but I should have regular blocks of time when I can get recording done for it. I think this episode came out pretty well and contains a line I thought of before I started doing the first episode. I'll keep updating the progress on future episodes so you can see how far along things are.

EDIT:

For some reason the video was darkened by Machinima.com on Youtube. I don't know why this is, but the downloadable copy should have the correct lighting values, it's as it appears in the game.

What's with the I'm WET line, am I the only one thinking that sounded weird.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not one of the more memorable episodes for me but it wasn't bad at all.

I was a little disappointed Freeman didn't criticize the level design this time around.

Not one of the more memorable episodes for me but it wasn't bad at all.

I was a little disappointed Freeman didn't criticize the level design this time around.

I think at this point Freeman is tired and more than a little hunger-crazed, given how long he's been going around without food or water. (One bag of chips in a whole day does not a meal count.)

Here's hoping he finds an MRE on one of the dead Marines. Poor guy could use some food.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Yeah, I think it was one of the best episode. Keep going, Ross! make some more of them!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

From the looks of things every new episode becomes even better than the older "best" episode.

Which means that the next one will probably be even better.

What was so good in this episode that it beats some of the priceless moments in the past? Like the club part of ep 2, or the monkey part of ep 18.

(Humour is subjective of course, but this just makes me raise an eyebrow, people calling this the best thing ever and not giving any examples of why.)

The level design is screaming for criticism, no security rails around the pool, a tranq weapon sitting in a cage hanging above a pool for god knows what reason. Ross got close to starting a rant with the whole James Bond chatter though.

What was so good in this episode that it beats some of the priceless moments in the past?

Yes, yes, we've had a lot of memorable episodes, but you have to understand it's been a loooong time since the last episode, people are just exited. Also, Freeman is in a high stress situation, navigating his way around flooded corridors ("Don't panic, don't panic, don't panic, I'm sure there's minutes worth of air in this pocket... PANIC!"), and when he gets out, he say "I'm WET", like nothing happened You can see the guy is loosing it.

And when the scientist tells him about the tranquilizer gun, all he really cares about is to try and see if he can get high with it

And the final sequence, is just epic.

FreemansMind32.gif

Another classic quote for the pantheon.

http://www.freemanindustriesinc.com/

Thought this was interesting. Given that, you know, Freeman was trying not to drowning when mentioning it.

Otto! Always nice to hear from you

Just another example of reality imitating art I suppose

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I am curious what you did for the sound echo problems you were having Ross.

wonderful and well done. Once again Ross you have made a remarkable achievement. Thank you for creating this stuff.

Great great great. And I must say that I nearly laughed myself out of my chair when he comes up for air only to get strangled by the Barnacle. And what icthulu said. What did you use?

EDIT: and perfect timing. Refresh the Main Website and the Download link is up.