FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 32

Great episode, love the series. I forgot how long HL1 was, it's been 3.5 years or so and not quite half way through the game. Any chance of finishing by the end of 2012?

I could totally see the last episode being on that infamous last day. Freeman is talking to GMan, and instead of accepting his offer, he declines. Screen fades to army of enemies and then the world ends.

Mythbusters have proven that lower muzzle velocity firearms can still be lethal at short distances underwater.

(Conversely, supersonic muzzle velocity firearms are definitively, not.)

Therefore it was pretty clever of him to just stay on the walkway and shoot it instead of diving in after it with the crossbow.

Obviously he did the math in his head.

Yes but remember, as far as Freeman is concerned, it's 1998. Mythbusters doesn't exist yet.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Mythbusters have proven that lower muzzle velocity firearms can still be lethal at short distances underwater.

(Conversely, supersonic muzzle velocity firearms are definitively, not.)

Therefore it was pretty clever of him to just stay on the walkway and shoot it instead of diving in after it with the crossbow.

Obviously he did the math in his head.

Yes but remember, as far as Freeman is concerned, it's 1998. Mythbusters doesn't exist yet.

Giving how Freeman woke up 3.5 years ago, perhaps Mythbusters has started airing by this point? Cool ep by the way, Ross.

Actually, as far as Freeman is really concerned, it's 200X. Not a decade later, or earlier.

"Call Me Ishmael Bitch" .

Great line Ross! But my all time favorite was the one you made about speaking at the funneral of the soldiers. Speaking to the greiving widows," I am sorry for your loss, but your husband was a rat fuck meat head !"

Ross Scott for president !!

Definitely one of the best episodes yet, with some great quotes as everyone's said. I had one complaint, although he is under a lot of stress I think the whole "Freeman uses drugs" theme could be toned down a tad, he could have taken a second to at least notice he just picked up a crossbow with a sniper scope.

dude ross thanks for the best birthday present this year.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

He could mention the scope when he actually decides to use the weapon. I snickered at his aggravation that it was Xylazine and not something he could use. Especially after the cage fell into the water. And that damned barnacle.

Really? You think he's still fooling you with that?

I have a basis to believe he has relocated, but I can't really assure you. What I'm curious to know is why you think he might be tricking you all. Do you think it's a secret he's got planned?

The wait was well worth it. I lost it when he started whistling "Blow the Man Down".

Really? You think he's still fooling you with that?

I have a basis to believe he has relocated, but I can't really assure you. What I'm curious to know is why you think he might be tricking you all. Do you think it's a secret he's got planned?

He was mentioning before he's going to move... And then he chose a weird enough location for April Foll's day

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I agree. I don't doubt he has moved. But Poland? That's like saying New Zealand or something like that

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Anyone else find it weird how the crossbow is supposed to be a tranquilizer, yet it's a lethal weapon?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Tranquilizer or not, that's still a crossbow bolt piercing your skull.

It was most likely designed to tranquilize large, thick skinned animals (such as the Icthyosaurus) and is complete overkill for smaller targets.