Last Game You Played

On 1/30/2021 at 6:20 AM, BTGBullseye said:

Everspace 2

I'm amazed that no one else has used this control scheme since Freelancer made it originally. Also, this feels like a straight-up spiritual successor to Freelancer. (would depend on how easy it is to mod, and the final story) Cutscenes aren't all finished, but the voice acting is good, and the cutscene outlines sound good too.

I highly recommend buying this game, even in its early access form. (it's also less expensive than it'll be at release)

what kind of control scheme?

On 2/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, StrixLiterata said:

what kind of control scheme?

Almost identical to Freelancer for Mouse+Keyboard, full support for HOTAS with total control over it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

3 hours ago, Felyae said:

Oh, the last game I've played was a bit strange one, yet a good one, really good If you know what I mean. It is kind of uncommon to tell people about games like that one and there are some good reasons why not to, but I will try!

That really didn't inform anyone of anything.

14 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

That really didn't inform anyone of anything.

seconded

Burn the World!

Playing the Quake 4 campaign at the moment, and aside from the vehicle sections i'd say it still holds up nicely, having a good time here.
I bought the Steam key from Humble Bundle a couple of years ago, and what i find a bit odd is that my version ( https://steamdb.info/sub/8943/depots/ ) comes with 4 languages (english, french, italian, spanish), whereas the Steam store version ( https://steamdb.info/sub/11033/depots/ ) is english only.
Must be a leftover from the Activision days, they always create dozens of different packages for each region.
Apparently the GOG version is english only aswell.

Halcyon 6

Quite fun if you like semi-parody space games, and classic RPG combat mechanics.

10 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Halcyon 6

Quite fun if you like semi-parody space games, and classic RPG combat mechanics.

The game play is fun (if you can change your perception from actual space combat of building fleets to RPG mechanics of 3 commanded ships and combos), but the UI is annoying (e.g. right clicking is inconsistent - sometimes starting time, and at others it doesn't. Pressing space skips some things but not others and also pauses/starts the clock), and you can feel it's a low tier indie game with spelling and grammar mistakes strewn about and weird dialog options and remarks from aliens as if everyone was a 5 year old.

Burn the World!

On 2/15/2021 at 5:57 AM, kerdios said:

The game play is fun (if you can change your perception from actual space combat of building fleets to RPG mechanics of 3 commanded ships and combos), but the UI is annoying (e.g. right clicking is inconsistent - sometimes starting time, and at others it doesn't. Pressing space skips some things but not others and also pauses/starts the clock), and you can feel it's a low tier indie game with spelling and grammar mistakes strewn about and weird dialog options and remarks from aliens as if everyone was a 5 year old.

A lot of the spelling and dialogue mistakes I'll chalk up to being translated from their native language. (even if that language is just uneducated american English)

The UI and interface mistakes I assume originate with the fact that it was their second game, and wasn't for iOS like their first one was.

Still, all valid assessments.

On 2/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, Lumberjackson said:

Playing the Quake 4 campaign at the moment, and aside from the vehicle sections i'd say it still holds up nicely, having a good time here.
I bought the Steam key from Humble Bundle a couple of years ago, and what i find a bit odd is that my version ( https://steamdb.info/sub/8943/depots/ ) comes with 4 languages (english, french, italian, spanish), whereas the Steam store version ( https://steamdb.info/sub/11033/depots/ ) is english only.
Must be a leftover from the Activision days, they always create dozens of different packages for each region.
Apparently the GOG version is english only aswell.

Quake 4 was nice. One of the more late Raven games. Everybody remember process of stroggofication from this game lol. Still have original disk somewhere.

Star Trek Online

Still the game I have the most hours playing. (Steam only has about 1/3rd of my actual playtime hours recorded, and it's showing 3900hrs)

Valheim

Very fun. Read my Steam recommendation if you want, or just go get a copy. (it's worth it)

It is sort of random luck to get an A class star in Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. I guess bonus pick ups rules a little bit shifted, even the leads can get "all stars". But it is still fun to try to get them. I think this game is my favorite arcade cart racing.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Screenshot 2021.02.25 - 13.16.44.82.png

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Screenshot 2021.02.25 - 13.27.24.04.png

Valheim.

My vote for GOTY 2021 so far, even if they are only Early Access. Despite no modding support whatsoever, either in place or planned, it already has over 500 mods for it.

Valheim.

Have a very well appointed "training room" complete with stone floors, a pine tree, a workbench, a hearth, a chair, a banner, and a jump & run training corner. Comfort level 7 for the training room, comfort 9 for the actual base it's attached to, comfort 11 for the newest treehouse base I have in the swamp. I'm now out of iron until my friend gets on again, and we farm a couple more sunken crypts.

EcoQuest2 Secret of the rainforest.

A nice little quest from Sierra I downloaded from the collection chamber.

Just finished it today.

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!