Last Game You Played

Battletech with the Roguetech mod.

Found it because Google recommended a video from a guy whose videos I watched 5 years ago to figure out a build on Mechwarrior Online, and then it just popped up for some reason. This mod got me to buy the Battletech game, because the vanilla gameplay just didn't have enough choices for equipment and mechs in it. (and it wasn't very intuitive for the damage and combat system) Only downside is the abysmal hit chances. (have to bring double/triple the ammo you need in vanilla, and that's comparing a level 10 gunnery to a level 3 gunnery)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, Konrad said:

Sorry for the late reply, this got somehow buried here.
I've played Despotism 3k for about two hours now and it's a puzzle management kinda game.
Balance the production of food energy and humans while the pressure to produce more always increases.
I find it too hard to be enjoyable. It's stressing me out even on easy mode.

There should be an option to make time pass way slower. That said, the humour is great, the is a ton of reference to classical Sci-Fi movies that are campy enough to be mildly amusing and the story, premise and visual art style of the game is pretty great to awesome.
Hope that helps.

spacer.png

That's unfortunate. Doesn't sound like my kind of thing.

The last two games I played for pc are Unreal and Noita. I'm liking Unreal more than I expectd from a game that consideres mouselook a new-fangled fad: the enemies are compellingly agile, the friendly NPC's unlocking secret rooms if you manage to save them is a nice touch and surprisingly immersive, and the maps reconnect with themselves in a way that I haven't seen outside Metroidvanias or Souls-likes, although to without fixed save points it's not as useful.

Meanwhile, I'd give Noita a "Love/Hate": It's addictive, but frustrating and surprisingly repetitive for a game which simulates every pixel and has dozens of different spells, enemies and materials. It's a game made to replicate all the coolest-sounding characteristics of rouguelikes, but which in practice lacks the capacity to engage

On 10/27/2020 at 4:36 PM, RaTcHeT302 said:

one save only bullshit, i just hate it, it's pointless and it just makes me resent the game for wasting even more of my time

I agree wholeheartedly.

34 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

i can't get past the first level without falling asleep, i don't know the game just doesn't grab me at all, and i even had a mod to disable the difficulty rubber band, but the moment any real combat starts i just want to stop playing since i don't feel like i have any control over anything, plus everything is so tiny i don't even get to enjoy the action, i feel like i'm playing with the user interface 90% of the time, instead of just admiring the visuals

homeworld has to be one of the most boring series i've ever played, i just can't get into it no matter how much i try to, it just feels too meh, even the backgrounds are just, serviceable but, it all feels so sterile to me

plus i hate how you can screw yourself over if your army is shit, or if you don't capture enough ships or something

it's too tedious, it's not fun at all, it just makes me resent the game and it doesn't put me in the mood to play it at all

The appeal back in the day was that it was incredibly detailed, had tons of units and choices, and it carried over your choices between levels, all in an RTS.

3 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

i can't get past the first level without falling asleep, i don't know the game just doesn't grab me at all, and i even had a mod to disable the difficulty rubber band, but the moment any real combat starts i just want to stop playing since i don't feel like i have any control over anything, plus everything is so tiny i don't even get to enjoy the action, i feel like i'm playing with the user interface 90% of the time, instead of just admiring the visuals

homeworld has to be one of the most boring series i've ever played, i just can't get into it no matter how much i try to, it just feels too meh, even the backgrounds are just, serviceable but, it all feels so sterile to me

plus i hate how you can screw yourself over if your army is shit, or if you don't capture enough ships or something

it's too tedious, it's not fun at all, it just makes me resent the game and it doesn't put me in the mood to play it at all

It's all about patience and planning, the two things that you seem to be allergic to

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

11 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

nah

If you do things right, the combat should only be around 5-10% the length of the average mission. I think you're letting the learning curve taint your entire impression of the game. Art direction is amazing, the best there was, and perhaps it was not all by design either. The HUD and ands menus are minimalistic and the ships are a bit boxy(no doubt limited in some way by the tech of the time), but that's precisely what space is: empty and utilitarian. 

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 10/31/2020 at 8:20 AM, Im_CIA said:

the ships are a bit boxy(no doubt limited in some way by the tech of the time)

The original models they used were such that it took the best possible gaming system of the time down to below 10FPS just to render a single fighter leaving the mothership.

On topic: Avorion. Quite entertaining. Voxel-based world in the vein of Freelancer and X. (but nowhere near as difficult to learn as X, and way more stuff to do than either) Unfortunately, it crashed on me while I was mining a vein of Titanium that would've provided enough material for me to get halfway through the entire game. (I was still in the tutorial map too, lol)

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Final Fantasy VIII, optimally, the only right way to play. Any other method is invalid.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

21 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

haha clone men go VUOOOSH

KARATE KIKC MAN

i like to pretend that i'm jackie chan BRUCE LEE stuck in some bad horror movie plot

BRUCE LEE SOUND MOD, GET ON IT

WATAAHHHH

Directed by John Woo.

Just finished an Ironman run on Enemy Within! Feels good. I kinda wish the game was longer, I didn't get to fully enjoy my MEC troops... I guess that's what Long War is for

I'll rest from XCOM for a while, not sure what to play next tho

I am just about to finish Blasphemous. The combat is great and the patforming is good, and the pixel art and soundtrack are a feast for the senses, but unfortunately unlocking the most powerful items and spells requires backtracking all over the map, multiple times, which amounts to a lot of wasted time. The story might provide some engagement for people who really like putting together timelines, but it's not a good tale and a real mistery neither: one can get the gist of it from very early on, only details and inconsequential sideplots are availeable to be uncovered.

Love/Hate.

I've quit arcanum midway, and am now playing Alien Legacy instead, I'm trying to figure out why during my first run I was told I have a few turns to get more space for 250 ppl, while in my second play through I got a "Your mother ship is about to explode, better evacuate whatever you can out of here"

Burn the World!

Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Crashes are now a way of life...