Last Game You Played

Wolfenstein: ET

Practicing while my friend's writing the script to a W: ET machinima.

Here's our last one-

wviN7DeUqDo

The voice acting is probably the funniest part in all of it seeing as all our voice actors were Aussies.

Blue Dragon. Played about 30-40 minutes, probably not even a quarter finished with disc 1.

Also to Applejack, don't understand the air quotes over DLC. Whether you bought it or got it with pre order you still have to download it additionally.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Also to Applejack, don't understand the air quotes over DLC. Whether you bought it or got it with pre order you still have to download it additionally.

I do not count content that was made during development cycle then cut from the game specifically to get some kind of profit from used game sales as proper DLC. How do I know the Catwoman stuff is exactly this? Because it's built directly into the Steam version due PC games having pretty much no used games market anymore.

O.T. Tribes: Ascend.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

League of Legends, played me some Kassadin.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Beat Ratchet and Clank 3 for the first time in 6 years. The final boss (Nefarious) was just as hectic and insane as I remember. Sometimes I hear people say they think the R&C games are easy. I think that's because they're looking for challenge in the aiming. Whereas, in Ratchet and Clank games, the challenge doesn't come from aiming, for the most part that's done for you. Challenge comes from expertly dodging your enemy's fire. Dodging Nefarious' attacks at the end of the game is like nothing else I can think of in terms of the amount of focus it takes.

I was playing Resistance 3 with the Ps Move. It's... really really really fun. The aiming is smoother and faster than analog sticks, by far. And in personal preference, I like it more than a mouse. The feeling of strafing sideways and picking off enemies at ten different angles is just awesome, because your hands get used to the feel of the motion control. You can eventually pick off a long range headshot with ease, then just twitch over to another one. And there's no auto aiming, or snap-on system to dumb things down.

The game itself is awesome so far. I never played much of the first two, but I'm having a blast with this one.

The amount of inspiration taken from Half Life 2 is definitely noticeable. The infinite supply of weapons and ammo, the persistent health gauge, the apocalyptic scenery. (Sailing down the flooded roads in the boat reminded me a bit of Water Hazard)

I tried Killsone 3 with the PS Move and I hated it, went back to controller after an hour.

You only played with it for an hour? And this was coming directly off of playing with a controller?

That's kind of like if I gave my grandmother a console game to play and she gave up after an hour cause she couldn't use the analog sticks right. A new control method takes a bit of practice. That said, Killzone 3's move controls we a lot stiffer than Resistance 3. Also, both games by default use a "deadzone", which *is* dumb. I ended up turning it completely off on both games. Turning around is much smoother without it.

Anyway, it's just personal preference. I like having the ability to change viewpoint and aiming separately. And the move allows an extreme amount of precision and speed in aiming. BUT, you have to give it time. You aren't going to jump in and immediately have skill with it.

I tried Killsone 3 with the PS Move and I hated it, went back to controller after an hour.

You only played with it for an hour? And this was coming directly off of playing with a controller?

That's kind of like if I gave my grandmother a console game to play and she gave up after an hour cause she couldn't use the analog sticks right. A new control method takes a bit of practice. That said, Killzone 3's move controls we a lot stiffer than Resistance 3. Also, both games by default use a "deadzone", which *is* dumb. I ended up turning it completely off on both games. Turning around is much smoother without it.

Anyway, it's just personal preference. I like having the ability to change viewpoint and aiming separately. And the move allows an extreme amount of precision and speed in aiming. BUT, you have to give it time. You aren't going to jump in and immediately have skill with it.

Actually I'd used the Move extensively before play K3, but it was just bad for FPS shooting.

Actually I'd used the Move extensively before play K3, but it was just bad for FPS shooting.

When I say you need to take some time, I mean take some time getting used to the control in the fps style. After 5 or 6 hours of play, the controls start to flow better. The first time I played KZ3 with the move, it was a disaster, because I wasn't used to it. You start to really get into the groove of how your hand movement affects the crosshairs, and how moving the crosshairs exactly turns the character. You just have to spend some time and get to know it is what I'm saying.

Still, over KZ3, I'd suggest trying Resistance 3 with the move, and turn off the deadzone. KZ3 has some problems with the turning system which definitely aren't present in R3.

Anyway, I'm currently playing R3 on hard difficulty, around 5 hours in. Very good game, regardless of controls.