General Chat

Well that makes sense.

Yeah, but it was freaky at first. And it made for a good joke.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I think I might settle for the "shotgun" option anyway. This piece of shit can't even handle Doom.

When I was in school, some of the computers would crash if you even brought up Solitaire, which IMO is an impressive feat.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

When I was in school, some of the computers would crash if you even brought up Solitaire, which IMO is an impressive feat.

Yeah, that's worse. A lot worse.

As for the laptop, I suspect it burning out its video card is why it can't play Doom. And fuck it, it's just a second screen anyway. It runs the internet fine, and that's all I need it to do: give me the ability to chat, check forums and post while using my good computer to play games.

The stupid thing about it is that it was their stupid monitoring software that was using up all the system resources on those computers. Oh yeah and you couldn't open the task manager if something or another locked up. I brought in a third-party task manager on my USB drive.

My mother almost stuck a wire into a power supply unit and I had to shove her into a wall to make her not do that. She's mad at me now.

Due to a very resourceful and rather generous friend of mine, lets just say my 1TB external drive's content now cumulatively values higher than what some people earn in a year, and I still have 566 gigs of free memory. Not like I'd ever actually get that much for it though. I just thought it was funny and a little scary how much that thing is potentially worth now.

Retired Forum Moderator

Oh, like my 2TB being worth more to certain law enforcement individuals than there is money in the world?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh, like my 2TB being worth more to certain law enforcement individuals than there is money in the world?

Ooh, do tell.

Ooh, do tell.

Nice try, FBI.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Ooh, do tell.

Nice try, FBI.

A good portion of what BTG says is pretty full of shit anyway.

No offense, BTG

the name's riley

Consider that every video copied has a fine of $250,000, every game $250,000 or more, every song $750, and I have 2TB of HDD space...

Might've been a slight exaggeration about being worth more money than is available in the world, but when the fines are easily more than any single person in the world has ever possessed, it's not that big of an exaggeration.

So for my video card issue, it wasnt actually the overheating itself but the capacitors on it got blown and fried the card. It probably was because of the overheating but it also could've been the power outages or just because of its age so who knows. Im getting a new video card though so yay,

Grats on the new card! Need any help finding a decent cheap one? (Newegg is available in Canada)

Which card? (I'm hardware guy, I like to know about hardware and prices for hardware)

Hi, fellow Ross Scott fans! Is anyone of you from Europe and would you be interested in a European fans meetup?

I proposed the thing in a different thread and I'm fairly baffled as to why nobody answered. I'm sure there must be dozens of European fans who would appreciate such an event.

What do you think? Would you come?