FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 0

Any ETA on the Download link?
Sorry, I've been extremely busy, I ended up forgetting about it. It should be up now.

Thanks. Downloading now :D

I like how Ross took what is basically a break in the fourth wall and turned it into yet another one of Black Mesa's poor decisions and miss spending.

I also could see how the hologram came about, they wanted an awesome training course with all the bells and whistles and instead of seeing what they actually needed they went out and spent a ton of money on the advance hologram, and because of this they had little to no money left for the actual course, so instead of have training in handling hazardous material and usage of advance scientific equipment, they had to go the cheaper route and have training in ladder usage and jumping from great heights.

It’s a common occurrence in Black Mesa, them spending billions of pounds in unnecessary equipment (like the box smashing room, the giant nut-cracker and the sentry turrets) and then use the change left on what they should have spent the money on (like sturdier cat-walks, proper disposal units for their toxic waste and more emergency exits).

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Idk if this has been said yet, but you can long jump onto the 1 light thingy from the elevator. Then you drop down and attain no dmg whatsoever.

Also if you ever played half life, you get weapons training, box pushing, box breaking, an actual hazard area in training. The firing range isn't to far from wear he stops. Oh and the turning bridge. Plus the med kit afterwards is another reason why he stops where he was.

I have to say Ross, it's really, really awesome in it's own Gene(I might've said that wrong O.o) But I'd like to know what happens when he jumps on the orange target. . .

I think the word you probably meant is "Genre", not pronounced how it looks.

Freeman's mind episode 0, totaly pointless, but kept in a good taste of humor :) good job!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

"Oh hey! Crates!" *jumps onto them, then to floor* "Haha! See? I'm not suicidal like those others" *goes to med station* "So...after breaking my legs, I'd have to drag myself here, blacking out multiple times from the pain, then reach up to run this thing, which is higher then a crawling man can REACH, then grab supplies for myself? Wow...I'm amazed there aren't skeletons here..oh, I guess they clean them up every month" anyone remember "At least these CRATES are good for something! This one just broke my fall!"

@Twilight-Kun: That would be the best option for him to continue the hazard-course without breaking his legs and forcing him to go to the med station, if only the crates were unbreakable, which they aren`t (It`s a trap!!! :D ). One way(if not only one) to not get harmed from falling down is to do a long-jump onto a neon sign on the opposite wall from the elevator, and then just drop down. I found that accidentally, when I was trying to pass the hazard course as quickly as possible. ;)

awesome...better let Ross know about that, if he ever wants to have Gordon complete his "training"

"Yeah yeah, I did all this before...eesh..Ooh GUNS!"

But freeman mentions before that he never fired a gun in his life! I'm sure if he had a chance like in the hazard course, he wouldn't pass it up.

I'd make a "Freeman's Mind" dub or variation, but

a) I don't have a mic

b) I'm a chick

c) Ross would do it better

or maybe I'll make a SILENT version...

Maybe if some modder, made a custom designed weapons for hazard course, something like a paintball gun, (and a bucket of paint :) instead of a SMG grenade for target behind bulletproof glass)... I know, that would be stretching "never fired a gun" line to a limit (and maybe ruin the experience), but would be maybe little more believable than him passing the whole firing course and bumping his head in dark tunnel after the train-tutorial (or something like that) and then forgetting everything. :)

@Twilight-Kun: Dub particularly for hazard-course part or whole game?

Maybe if some modder, made a custom designed weapons for hazard course, something like a paintball gun, (and a bucket of paint :) instead of a SMG grenade for target behind bulletproof glass)... I know, that would be stretching "never fired a gun" line to a limit (and maybe ruin the experience), but would be maybe little more believable than him passing the whole firing course and bumping his head in dark tunnel after the train-tutorial (or something like that) and then forgetting everything. :)

Well, he did shoot a paintball gun before. He said, and I quote:

"THIS IS WORSE THAN PAINTBALL!"

Not necessarily. He could've just been shot by a paintball gun.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Not necessarily. He could've just been shot by a paintball gun.

Well, the fact that he said that it's worse than paintball and not it's worse than getting shot by a paintball gun implies that he has played before.

True, but he could've been so bad at it that he'd lose before he got a chance to fire or something along those lines. The point is, while he most likely HAS shot a paintball gun, this isn't necessarily true.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.