FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 0

FM0

Download 672x384 WMV (77MB)

Here's the "mystery episode" that was alluded to in the progress bar. I'm sure some of you predicted this, hopefully no one's expectations were ruined too badly. I thought about doing a training course episode before, but parts of it conflict with how I've been playing through the game, trying to make it seem more realistic. This episode is a compromise between not doing it and going through the whole thing. I've been informed after the fact that the creator of "Barney's Mind" did the exact same thing of showing the training course after being unconscious, but it was just a coincidence on my part. When I originally created Freeman's Mind I received a few emails from people who told me they were thinking of doing or had done the exact same thing, so I guess coincidences are inevitable.

I'm going to try and keep up Freeman's Mind on a weekly rate for a while, but I eventually may slow it down some as I don't want to neglect Civil Protection either. In either event, I don't think I'll have situations again soon where I go months at a time without a release. At least not until FM is done anyway.

EDIT:

It looks like the video was darkened again for Youtube and uploaded at 1280x720 again, despite the source being requested at 640x360. Ah well, the downloadable copy will look correct once I encode it.

I thought you struck an excellent balance, Ross. The Hazard Course is almost impossible to do without it being obvious you're playing a video game--the way you managed to do it without there being any real hint of possible unreality to it worked quite well.

Although...with him learning about the long jump module it's a slight shame he seemed to forget about it later when it could have come in handy on a few of the jumps where he talked about the need for a grappling hook. (Although granted the only one I can even think of where it would have been truly helpful and not a potential liability would be the second catwalk collapse, right after the elevator that descends into a meat grinder.)

In any event, I loved Freeman's reactions. Spot on good stuff.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Although...with him learning about the long jump module it's a slight shame he seemed to forget about it later when it could have come in handy on a few of the jumps where he talked about the need for a grappling hook. (Although granted the only one I can even think of where it would have been truly helpful and not a potential liability would be the second catwalk collapse, right after the elevator that descends into a meat grinder.)

In any event, I loved Freeman's reactions. Spot on good stuff.

Except you don't have it from the start of the main game, he'll get it again towards the end.

Except you don't have it from the start of the main game, he'll get it again towards the end.

I know that. My point was that since he KNEW about it, he could have conceivably been wishing to have a long jump module instead of/in addition to a grappling hook.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Good episode. I was surprised how well you managed to mask the game elements of the training course. I would have liked it more if Freeman had jumped and then quit after hurting/breaking his legs

The blood splatters on the ground where you're suppose to fall is funny, can't believe I forgot that.

Anywho I enjoyed how you went about masking it's game elements you did a great job on it. =)

To be honest that was probably the worst Freeman's Mind episode so far.

Even though you managed to disguise the real-life elements, the episode itself felt short and not very funny.

if i was directing this for the concrete fall i would've played it off as thinking the suit would protect me from the fall (i dont know how id explain the blood splatter though) then get surprised when i almost broke my kneecaps. but yea the next part with the healing would've seemed too illogical. so i guess you played it well. but yeah i loved it and it took me by surprise Ross, thank you.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"But I'm passing with flying colors!"

I can't stop laughing at this line.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I like how he patronises the hologram going in to such detail over basic tasks. :lol:

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Awesome episode Ross, I learned a thing or two about the process of wiping my ass now :D

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

If you do end up continuing FM to HL2 Ross, you should create a new season in the YouTube series page.