FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 36

Sign in to follow this  

FM36

Download 848x480 WMV (68MB)

Well I hope everybody likes watching someone wandering around lost and talking to themselves, because that's what you're getting with this episode. And the next. And the next. This is one of the less action-oriented areas of the game. I've noticed before that sometimes people get upset when I don't take the most direct route in the game. In this case, I try to exhaust all options that a real person would try before going with what the game wants me to do. I am a little concerned that maybe these latest episodes are weaker because of the pace I'm putting them out, I'll see.

I'm afraid there's still not much progress at all in other areas due to the weekly pace of Freeman's Mind. Once I let up on the pace, my focus will be on isolating bugs in the Source engine for Civil Protection, improving the website and links, and catching up on emails (I currently have about 380 to reply to dating back to the end of March).

I thought it was really good, it was a mellower sort of one but it also gave me that nostalgia sort of feeling again from the first one. He still finds that having a gun solves problems(I chuckled at the part where he said that having a gun would solve the problem of being lost 'cause if he found someone, he'd make them tell him if they didn't) and that nothing can stop him except for locked doors. Great job Ross!

Video up before the chart's done! Now that's fast! Nice job, as usual.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Great job! :D

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

He's right, this is a slower part of Half-Life, in fact, I always refer the chapters "On a rail" to "Residue Processing" as "the boring part of Half-Life." Let's face it, every game has it's boring part where you start to lose interest.

I was curious how you'll deal with the start of this really bizzare platforming "Mario" level of the game, and even though it seemed a bit weaker than the more "realistic" levels, it was still very enjoyable. Now, let me see you jump and jump again, you theoretical physicist. Just remember, the entrance to Xen is in another castle.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

I get back from my vacation, and there's a new Freeman's Mind waiting for me, perfect. Keep up the great work, but slow the pace to whatever you think is needed for best quality, we can wait.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

A pretty funny episode for the most part, even if he really didn't do anything but walk around in circles for 8 minutes. I always love hearing about Freeman's background before the Black Mesa incident, like repeatedly hitting on 'Heather', it's so interesting and hilarious hearing about how such a weird person would function in the real world. My only real complaint was his surprisingly nonchalant reaction to a mouth hanging from the ceiling and eating people.

I'm beginning to think that his nonchalantness here is because he partially doesn't realize what's going on, and he also got out a lot of his 'Holy shit wtf is that alien thingy?!!?' at the series outset, and its also setting it up for a major shocker when Freeman gets his head back together.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Cool! I hope a downloadable comes up soon, because the sound from the videos don't work anymore on my system. (Not sure why.)

I've got to say. It get such a kick out of the fact that Gordo hasn't once bothered to check out a HEV station. Every time I see one I think to myself, "This is it! He's going to charge his suit!" But alas, he's got bigger problems.

I don't mind how it progresses; I just ENJOY HEARING YOUR VOICE. Jokes aside, I feel like I can take this setting for a while.

I don't mind how it progresses; I just ENJOY HEARING YOUR VOICE. Jokes aside, I feel like I can take this setting for a while.

Woah.....a little creepy there....XD

I agree with that. For a person that hasn't played the game at all, I find the setting completely fine and the way Gordon responds adds to the experience of watching it and no knowing what's next.

I also really like that he goes back to some of his jokes, like when he starts talking about Heather from Biology; I find that really amusing for lack of better word.

I wonder if Freeman really does know what a Resonance Cascade is, like the scientist inferred he did at the start of the game.

Its also setting it up for a major shocker when Freeman gets his head back together.

That would be great but at the rate he's remembering things, I'm worried that Ross will just decide to have Freeman gradually remember all of it over the next three or four episodes, which will prevent him from having a huge freak out reaction to it all coming back at once.

Freeman should just say in the next episode something like: "Yeah, I should probably get back to the lab and ask some of the guys if they know what's going on- Wait a sec, the lab? Oh F***, that experiment went wrong!!! All the aliens are coming in cause of that stupid experiment. And the military were the ones that put me in that compacter, those BASTARDS stole all my guns!!!", you get the idea, but instead of that Ross will probably just have Freeman slowly remember all of it, and not in one big recall, you know the way most people recover from amnesia in REAL LIFE.

I liked the ep. And in typical Black Mesa design, how on earth do you ACTUALLY get in and out of there if you were say, a average worker and not escaping a deadly deteriorating mess from alien invasion? It's been a while since I played, and I only recall that I had to go through the mixers.

I just can't wait until he gets to the part with the airstrikes

Great episode. Definitely an improvement over the last one while still at a pretty lackluster stage.